Chapter 6:

Me To You, You To Me

Chapter 6: Parent-Child Conflicts

 

The skyline of Busan was finally visible as the train almost arrived at the local station. Once it did arrive, rain was unfortunately pouring down and Jonghyun had to look for cover before finding a taxi. It wasn’t long until he reached a seemingly quiet neighborhood. Although almost completely wet, he smiled as he headed into the small home. As soon as the door opened, the bells chimed and two children suddenly “attacked” him.

“Aish Aish, where’s mom?” Jonghyun asked playfully. “She’s making dinner Oppa!” Pan-da, the small girl answered. “Hyung! We missed you!” the somehow youngest looking boy exclaimed before hugging Jonghyun. “Ah I miss you guys too!” Jonghyun said. Just after that, their mother had already went inside the living room. “Jonghyun, I’m glad you arrived safely. Let’s have dinner first.” She told him with a smile before going back into the kitchen. “You heard mom, come on, let’s go eat!” he told the twins who nodded their heads and followed him.

Once they were settled, they quickly started eating. “Mom… I thought you said these two were sick?” Jonghyun asked as he eyed his siblings who were busy eating their noodles. “Yes actually but I gave them medicine. Turns out it wasn’t that scary, just a little fever, that’s all.” His mother answered. Jonghyun just nodded and continued eating his ramen.

~

“Appa!” Sooyoung almost shouted when she entered the house. “Where’s Jonghyun?!” she asked scarily at one of the workers. “Um…Miss, I haven’t seen him this afternoon.” The employee answered nervously. “Aish. He’s dead meat for sure.” She said to herself. Just then, her father entered. “What are you screaming for Sooyoung?” Mr. Choi asked. “Appa have you seen Jonghyun?” she asked trying to calm herself down. “He’s in Busan. His mother asked to see him.” He answered calmly. “Now excuse me first, I have things to finish. Don’t scream dear.” Mr. Choi said before going back into his office. Sooyoung just gave a hmph before stomping her way up the stairs to her room.

When she went inside, she immediately changed into pajamas and opened her laptop. When she read the articles about her press con earlier, she just slammed her laptop shut and buried herself under her pillow.

Flashback:

Different camera flashes that distracted the girl’s sight were everywhere when Sooyoung stepped onto the platform for her awaited press conference. “Ms. Sooyoung, what can you say for your break-up with Lee Donghae?” one reporter asked. “Honestly, we’re perfectly fine with it. We are still friends.” Sooyoung answered calmly.

“Is it really that way? I heard he dumped you because of another rumor.” Another media man added. “What rumor are you talking about? But either way, it’s a clean break-up. We decided to go different ways.” She replied again, this time holding her urge to choke the reporter back.

“Choi Sooyoung, since it’s almost your birthday, what are you planning to do?” a third reporter asked. “Honestly, I haven’t thought about it yet. But don’t expect something grand.” Sooyoung answered almost coldly as she recalled herself she going to turn 23 soon. “Will you maybe leave the showbiz scene?” one asked. “I’m still thinking about it. Are there anymore questions? She asked.

It was silent at first until someone raised their hand. “Ms. Choi Sooyoung… What do you have to say to your anti-fans?” Before answering, Sooyoung was a bit taken back but either how she still answered. “I really don’t care. I can’t please everyone so what’s the point of worrying about that.” The reporter that asked nodded his head as he heard her answer.

“But are you really what the anti’s have said to be?” one asked suddenly. This time Sooyoung really couldn’t help but have teary eyes. One topic she really hated was her anti-fans and these questions weren’t helping. “Why listen to those who will only say bad things? Anyways, I think it’s time to finish this.” She said angrily before standing up and walking out. “Aish this brat!  She’s what they say.” One media said before laughing causing the whole room to eventually laugh at her. Sooyoung just ignored them and left immediately. But her whole face was wet with tears and just grumbled a lot before getting into the car.

End of Flashback

The hurt girl just covered herself more with her blanket as she recalled what happened earlier. “Lee Jonghyun, I’m really going to kill you.” She thought to herself as she remembered the ‘promise’ they had. Just before she was about to close her eyes a knock interrupted her. “What do you want?!” she answered harshly thinking it was Jonghyun but it actually wasn’t. “Sooyoung, it’s me.” She quickly got up when she heard her father who was actually already inside. Mr. Choi went up to her and sat at the end of her bed.

“Sooyoung…we need to talk.” He told her before sighing. The girl raised one of her eyebrows. “What is it about?” she asked. Mr. Choi had a quick pause before answering. “It’s about your future. Are you really sure that you won’t inherit the business?” he asked almost whispering. Sooyoung was silent at first before having eye contact with him. “I told you already… it’s not my cup of tea. Why do you keep on insisting?” she replied coldly.

Mr. Choi clearly recognized the distain in her voice. “But what if we were to lose this? Then what would you live on?” he asked her, this time, trying to raise his voice. He wasn’t one to do so but when it comes to his business and daughter, only extreme measures can he handle this through. Sooyoung knew that her father was raising his voice. “Aish! That’s all you can talk about with me. You know what? I’m tired of all this fame, business, and money. I want to get away from all that!” she answered back before stomping out of her bedroom.

The father just sighed. “Aish… I knew it.” He then stood up and went out of the bedroom too, not wanting to disturb his daughter more, he decided to go to bed.

 

~

 

Jonghyun was drinking his soda can outside their home before his mother came out and joined him. “You know I wouldn’t force you to come here unless it was really urgent.” She said. “Yeah. It’s fine… at least I hope it is. He replied before chuckling. “Why?” “It’s ‘cause I was suppose to meet Sooyoung, but then I chose this of course.” He said before taking another sip of his soda. “Anyways, are the twins sleeping?”

His mother only nodded. “Son, I’m sorry for all this. But like I said, your uncle came.” She told him. “I already know that. What exactly did he tell you?” Jonghyun asked. There was silence at first. “Oh? Why aren’t you answering?” he asked once more. “I’m sorry, I was just recalling it. He told me that…”

“That what?” Jonghyun was actually becoming really impatient. He hated waiting when it was about his family. “Your father will be coming back. He also said that your father will take all of you…” “Are you kidding me?!” Jonghyun exclaimed before Mrs. Lee could finish. “Jonghyun! I haven’t finished yet. Your uncle told me that your father is already well off and actually owns a business. He also told me that, he’s doing this as an apology. He told me that your father wanted to raise his children too.” Mrs. Lee finished.

Jonghyun threw his can to the trash can before going back to her. “If that’s so, then why didn’t father come himself. If he was really sorry, he should show it! And you mom! You were the one hurt… how could you trust those people?”’ Jonghyun replied really angry at the same time really sad. Mrs. Lee wasn’t able to answer him. Instead, her eyes were only full of sorry. Jonghyun exhaled a deep breath before walking to the opposite direction. “Wait! Jonhyun, where are you going?” Mrs. Lee asked worriedly. “I’m sorry. But I really need time to calm down.” He answered not looking at her and continued on his way. Mrs. Lee could only watch his son go down the street. She was pretty sure why he was like that and then finally went inside the house.

 

~

 

Sooyoung was crying by herself in the garden. “Aish Choi Sooyoung what are you doing?” she thought. She then wiped her tears and sat down. Just then, she quickly remembered that this was the chair she caught Jonghyun sleeping in. When she thought of that, she only scolded herself more. “Why am I thinking of you…I’m angry at you…don’t you ever come back.” She thought angrily before finally deciding to go back to her bedroom.

♥.*.♥ 

Note: Yah! Hello Everyone!!! Gosh it seems like the drama is coming! >< hehe Gosh I am so busy now that SNSD has their comeback and adsdfghjklsadfgh I honestly like it XD Thank you for commenting, reading, and subcribing! oh and Happy New Year everyone! I hope you guys havea onwderful 2013!!!