Chapter 1:

Me To You, You To Me

CHAPTER 1Under Fire

 

‘Breaking Showbiz News ~

: Choi Sooyoung was said to decline a major role in a big movie. But rumor’s spreading that she did not actually decline it, instead was removed by the movie management. Her agency has yet to state the real truth and no media partner has said anything about this. So again, Choi Sooyoung is under fire for-‘

The annoyed Sooyoung turned off the television before she could hear more and went up to her room. Her butler, Jonghyun, just sighed and followed her until he was greeted by a locked door. “You know Mistress, locking yourself in your room won’t change a thing.” He said while leaning on the wooden doorway.

Although the girl could hear what he was saying, she didn’t mutter a word and just covered herself with her warmers. She tried to sleep for awhile but every time she closes her eyes, it would just dart open again. Voices in all different kinds of tones were all she could imagine. Mocks, compliments, plastic smiles, she was very much slightly hallucinating. Well, she was used to that but the pain doesn’t seem to have an end. After how many more minutes, she was able to calm down a bit and started to fall asleep.

‘Choi Sooyoung, under fire for almost hurting a co-idol’

‘Rumors say Sooyoung was seen at a cosmetic shop most probably for plastic surgery’

‘Celebrity Rival accuses Choi Sooyoung of mistreating her helpers’

The girl’s eyes opened quickly and tears started to form. Nightmares about the different views of the media on her were almost present every time she would go to sleep. It deprives her of rest every night and she would just lie down on bed with an emotionless face, unable to overcome those fears.

Just as she was about to sit up, a warm towel greeted her forehead. She looked up to see none other than Lee Jonghyun, her butler for the past ten years.”What did I tell you about going in here without knocking.” She told him in a cold voice.

Jonghyun just smiled and before saying something, he took the warm towel from her forehead and placed a new one. “My clumsy mistress is too stressed that she attained a fever.” He wasn’t looking at her when he said this but at the tea he was pouring into the cup.  Sooyoung then felt her own forehead was surprised to see she actually did have a fever. She then tried to sit up and Jonghyun assisted her.

“Why are you doing this anyway? I know that you’re just forced to do all this. You can quit anytime you know.” She asked harshly but in a soft voice at him while dazing at the cup of tea which is now in her hands. Jonghyun was a bit surprised to hear this. Although he knows that he isn’t accepted by her yet, this was the first time she told him this.

Sooyoung felt a bit of shock when she realized what she said and almost took back her words. “Well, I am in debt to your family for helping me. This is the least that I could do.” Jonghyun answered almost whispering but still managed to give off a small smile. “Oh and, you’re not mistreating your helpers Miss. Plus you aren’t one to physically hurt others, and I’m sure you are already contented of how you look.” He added while smiling a bit wider while Sooyoung seemed surprised.

Jonghyun was actually inside the room when Sooyoung started having nightmares. She was the one to sleep talk and he knew this because he always watches her when she sleeps. If she’s sleeping well and comfortable, he goes outside and leave her be. But when she is stressed like what happened today, he stays to watch if something might happen. He sometimes knew her more than she knew about herself.

Without much a due, Sooyoung then requested Jonghyun to leave the room because she wanted some time alone. “Be careful mistress. If you need anything just-“Before finishing what he was going to say, the girl interrupted him. “I’ll be alright.” She said before pushing him out the door and locking it.

He just sighed at the stubborn girl and headed his way towards the garden. He always finds the garden relaxing and calm. Before sitting down on one of the chairs, he waters each and every plant, flower, and tree there is. Once he was finished, he sat down and unknowingly, he fell fast asleep.

Meanwhile, Sooyoung was actually on her room’s balcony which overlooked the entire garden. When her eyes spot the sleeping Jonghyun, it never left to see anything else. She observed him carefully from head to toe. It was actually only now that she had the chance to observe him so. He looked so calm, like a perfect vampire, she noted. It wasn’t quite long until she realized what she was doing.

“What are you doing?!” she mentally screamed to herself sighing. But before she could go back into her room, the sleeping Jonghyun was already wide awake and noticed her on the balcony. “Oh… Miss, are you feeling better now?” he asked while standing up.

Instead of answering, Sooyoung just gave a loud sigh and went back into her room. Jonghyun just shrugged before putting his vest back on. He always questioned the reason why his mistress was very cold towards him. Well, he did understand that mistress already has a boyfriend but still, he just wondered.

Evening came by quite quickly and Mr. Choi requested to see Sooyoung in his office room. “Ah Jonghyun-ssi, please call my daughter.” He asked while he put down his pen and fixed his glasses. The butler nodded and went up to Sooyoung’s room immediately. He knocked three times before saying something. “Mistress, your father would like to see you!” Jonghyun shouted a bit for Sooyoung to be heard.  

After a few minutes, the door opened wildly with Sooyoung stomping and grumbling all the way downstairs. Before following her, Jonghyun went to check what’s inside that made her all grumpy. He then saw her laptop opened and another article questioning Choi Sooyoung was out again. After a face palm, he then decided to shut off the laptop and wrote on the notepad on the table saying:

‘Only you yourself know what’s true.’

It wasn’t until the next morning did Jonghyun found about what Mr. Choi and Sooyoung talked about. It was all about the fast spreading rumors and media men. He sighed again as he closed the living room curtains due to the multiple media personnel’s outside the mansion gate. Just as he did so, Mrs. Choi stepped into the living room. “Jonghyun-ssi, may you please me outside? There are too many people again and I’m going to be late for a business meeting.”

To Jonghyun, Mrs. Choi was queen. She was very refined and well-mannered unlike her daughter. “Of course Mrs. Choi!” he said without thinking. Mrs. Choi gave him a very sincere smile before both of them walked out. They could hear the multiple comments and questions from the media concerning Sooyoung which made both of them frown.

Once they reached the black BMW SUV, Jonghyun opened the door for Mrs. Choi. Before leaving, Mrs. Choi told him to come closer. “Don’t let these media people get to Soo. You know how she is.” She whispered. “Yes Ma’am.” Jonghyun replied before Mrs. Choi waved him a good-bye and closed her window.

On the way back inside the mansion, Jonghyun was still frowning because of the media people. “Are you the one people were talking about? The helper who Sooyoung mistreats? Is she really a cruel person?” one journalist asked him quite rudely. Jonghyun really wanted to punch the guy for asking such false things. But he tried to control himself and hurried his way back inside.

When he got into the house, he didn’t realize he slammed the door a bit too much. He didn’t notice Sooyoung peeking at him and just went inside his room. Sooyoung shrugged as to his actions but of course she did feel a bit curious at the same time guilty. But before she could ask herself more questions, her phone rang. She quickly answered it and thoughts about Jonghyun were all lost when she saw her boyfriend’s name.

“Yes dear~?” she answered in an aegyo-ish tone. She could hear a small, almost forced chuckle at the end which made her smile a bit crooked.

“Let’s meet tonight. Dinner’s on me.” The man said. Once Sooyoung heard about food, her mood quickly changed. “Really? Awww Donghae thanks!”

The man on the other side though scratched the back of his neck before answering.

“Yeah, See you later!” he forced out a fun tone.

♥.*.♥

Note: Hello Everyone! So this is my first Lee Jonghyun x Choi Sooyoung chaptered fic :) Please do comment and subsribe, I would love to know your opinions on this please! Yeah the first chapter is kinda short but I promise you longer ones once the story gets deeper ^^ This one was basically some kind introduction to how things are going to be.And Omo! Donghae is here ke ke ke 8) lol Thank You for reading! <3