Chapter 2:

Me To You, You To Me

 

Chapter 2: Break, & Kick

 

 

After getting the address of the restaurant, Sooyoung hurriedly took a shower then changed into skinny jeans and a white blouse which had a bit of ruffles by its collar. Even though it was a date, because she prefers comfort over appearance, she always tries to dress as a normal person. Her boyfriend, Lee Donghae, was a fellow idol but he focuses more on his family’s business than his fame. It was already about 6 months since they started dating.

Although he is Sooyoung’s first official boyfriend, never had they actually kissed or showed a public display of affection other than seen going out for dinners or walks in the park. Both of them are conservative and don’t really talk about each other that much when on interviews. If you see them together, you probably won’t notice that they’re a couple at all.

Sooyoung then tried to peek a little bit outside the windows to see if there were still media people. Fortunately for her, it seems like they got tired and all went home. Just as she was about to sneak outside, a voice suddenly stops her. “Hey, where are you going?” Jonghyun asked as he exited his room which was located somewhere near the staircase. “I’m going to see Donghae and we’ll have dinner.” She answered not looking at him but rather on her cell phone.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow when he heard her answer. “And, you’re going to where?” he asked again. The girl rolled her eyes. “It’s none of your business. Anyways, I did say we were going to have dinner so it’s already quite obvious. I have to go now.” She told him before slamming the door on her way out. The young man just sighed heavily again before taking out his cell phone and dialed one of his friends from outside the house and family.

“Hello, Yonghwa speaking.” The man on the other line answered. “Ah Yonghwa-hyung! I just wanted to know if my bike was already repaired.” Jonghyun said with a smile forming. “Of course it is!” Yonghwa replied. “That’s good. I’ll be there in 15 minutes to pick it up.” Jonghyun said once again before hanging up and getting his coat. Jung Yonghwa was his best friend who owns a bicycle shop and when there’s time, they would play a few songs with their guitars.

The butler then hurried his way all the way to Yonghwa’s shop, which wasn’t quite that far from where he was. Once he got there, he thanked his hyung before dashing off. When he reached the Han River, he stopped for awhile and took out his cell phone. It wasn’t an ordinary phone because it actually had some kind of GPS tracking system. Each and every member of the Choi Family’s phone had a digital chip in which Jonghyun uses to know where they are.

Once he got Sooyoung’s location he just listed it down before finally getting back on his bike and went to where she was. After a moment, he finally arrived in front of a restaurant named “Blue Garden.” But he did not go inside and just sat by at a nearby bench along with his bike. He then got the guitar which he had actually brought with him all along and played songs. The first song he played was illa illa, a known song throughout Seoul, which the tune attracted many passerby’s who got distracted and watched him have a mini-performance. Many commented and chatted among themselves how masculine and smooth his voice was.

Meanwhile, inside the restaurant, Sooyoung and Donghae were already face to face after they had finished ordering their food. Sooyoung was the first to speak up. “Donghae~ Thank you for treating me again.” She said with a smile. The man, though, only smiled at her and didn’t say a word which made her smile into a frown. Donghae was just looking at the still empty plate. She was sensing that something wasn’t right. After a few more minutes of silently waiting, their food finally arrived which made Sooyoung smile again.

When they finally finished, Donghae this time was the one who spoke up first. “Hey Sooyoung, listen… I have something to say.” He said in a deep and soft voice. The girl, who was still munching on some leftover salads, swallowed it first before nodding; signaling that Donghae could continue was he was going to say. “Um… well you see, I’m more focused now on my family’s business and all. And I think it’s time to end this.” He said quietly before looking down his plate again.

Sooyoung first tried to organize her thoughts when she heard the words come out of his mouth. She then also just looked down on her plate too. Both of them couldn’t dare look each other in the eyes. “Well… I did know that this was coming.” She suddenly says before finally trying to look at him. The same did Donghae do. “But I do am grateful that it was you. I mean, to be honest, you’re a much sweeter girl than what the media says of Choi Sooyoung.” He managed to say which made both of them chuckle.

“Well, thank you then. Not many people see that.” Sooyoung smiled softly at him. “I’m actually leaving South Korea tomorrow. I’m heading to Hong Kong. Take care Soo.” Donghae said before both of them stood up. They then shared their last hug. “I hope you find someone better.” He says before finally going out of the restaurant while giving Sooyoung his sincere smile. The girl then also went out. Tears started to form in her eyes even though she was somehow still smiling and didn’t even notice rain starting to pour down hard.

Actually, she was very thankful for Donghae. He was the only one who actually gave her chance because the others would always despise her or say how she’s such a hindrance on them. It was only Donghae who gave her more strength to pursue her narrow career path. But unknowingly a camera flash caught her attention and realized a dirty, sneaky journalist was spying on them.

She tried to chase after the man but when she turned around the corner, she saw the man lying on the floor with his camera broken. “That’s what you get for being a sneaky rat.” She then looked at the other man and realizes whose familiar voice was that. It was Jonghyun who kicked the man’s groin and made him fall. The media man then squirmed away quickly before what more Jonghyun would do to him.

“Jonghyun? What are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked. The butler took out an umbrella and held it above her. “I’m here looking out for my mistress.” He replied with a smirk. “And we can’t have the media get a picture of you crying.” He added before taking out a handkerchief and wiped her wet face, which was wet because of her tears and the rain. Sooyoung just sighed and stayed silent until a realization came over her.

Without warning, she suddenly smacked Jonghyun on his arm really hard. “Hey! Was that a way of thanks because I think it isn’t.” He complained while rubbing his now hurt arm. “Hmph. That’s what you get for stalking me all the way here.” Sooyoung said before grabbing the umbrella from him and covered herself while starting to walk back home.

“Hey!” Jonghyun followed her along with his bike and guitar. It wasn’t quite long until they were back at the mansion. Sooyoung, as always, rushed up to her room while Jonghyun took a warm shower. Once he was finished, he changed into fresh clothes, a v-neck white shirt and a pair of sweat pants. Since it was already night time, he needs not to have on his polo and slacks. Before he himself went to sleep, he went up to Sooyoung to bring her cookies and milk, her favorite night time snacks to munch on.

He knocked but again, like most of the time, no one answered. Sighing, he took out his keys and unlocked the room himself. Once he got in, he notices her already lying down on bed and placed the tray of snacks on her bedside table. Now before going out of the room, she suddenly calls him out. “Hey Jonghyun…” he heard her say. Jonghyun then came closer to realize that she was actually sleep talking.  

A smile crept oh his face. Even though she only said his name, he was quite happy because it was only one of the few times she said his name softly. “Sleep well, Mistress.” He chuckled before turning off the lights and going out.

Just as he entered his own room and lied down, his cell phone started to ring. He was surprised to see the name. “Donghae?” he thought. “Hello?” he answered. “Hey there, it’s me Donghae. I need to tell you something.” The other man said. “Uh, sure.” Jonghyun replied. A deep breath was heard before the other line started to speak again. “I broke up with Sooyoung. It’s not because of her reputation, but rather, because I need to focus on my family’s business. Please take care of her Jonghyun. I know I could trust you.” Donghae said almost whispering.

Jonghyun was actually really surprised when he said this because Sooyoung never talked about it. “No wonder she was in tears earlier.” Both of them chuckled. “I’m counting on you.” Those were the last words until Donghae hung up. Jonghyun stared at his phone for a moment before placing it down. When he closed his eyes, he just felt all sorts of different emotions.

♥.*.♥

Note: Hello! So I hope you enjoyed the first two chapters! And no, this won't be the last time you see Donghae, he'll appear again, but it'll be quite awhile ^^ lol Sooyoung is so mean here ke ke ke but don't worry, we'll see her soft side soon ;D OH and Yonghwa is finally introduced, can you guess the next person I'm gonna include here? Hint: a girl from snsd too lol it's so obvious haha And so, what do you think about this? hehe do you like the picture? hehe Please keep on commenting because I really do appreciate your thoughts! ♥ And since because I'm on Xmas break, I'll update at least once everyday ^^ Thank You for reading!