Chapter 13:

Me To You, You To Me

Chapter 13: Twist of Situations

 

 

Jonghyun was just plainly looking across the sidewalk, waiting for the walk light to turn green. He didn’t know why but something was indifferent to his feeling. Just then, he saw a soccer ball dash through his eyes. And then, a small girl… with eyes as big, as beautiful, and as deep as-

“MY BABY!” “Mommy!!!”

“W-who was that?!” “What happened?”

“Someone call the ambulance!”

“Is he still alive?” “I-I can still see him breathing!”

“Oh no!”

Crowds were swarming the now body that was lying on the cold, hard, cemented floor. The driver of the truck escaped before anyone could catch him. Police and ambulance sirens raced across the busy roads of Hong Kong, reaching the spot of the hit in no time, and swarms of paramedics quickly carry the body onboard the vehicle.

“Quick! Give him the oxygen mask!”

“We need to hurry!”

“This doesn’t seem like he’ll survive with-“

“What the hell are you talking about, shut your mouth and look for his ID and contacts, dammit!”

“Y-yes Sir…”

“So what’s the boy’s name?”

“Lee… Jonghyun.” And upon hearing the last name of the victim, his eyes widened and his head directly faced the person who’s driving.

 

“Go faster, NOW!”

~

 

Donghae was just passing by the hospital, a building owned by his father, and just sighed. He really didn’t care until the sounds of sirens caught his attention. Just as he was about to pass by the emergency entrance, an ambulance quickly dashed in and the doors opened wildly by the paramedics rushing to get the victim inside the hospital. Usually Donghae wouldn’t care but something irked him to go inside and see what’s happening.

 

Once Donghae got inside, his eyes widened and almost puked at the sight of the amounted blood on the covers of the emergency bed and the body was brought immediately inside one of the operating rooms. He sensed his heart beat faster and followed where his legs lead him to; the Nurse operating base.

“E-excuse me Miss but… may I know the name of the person who just came here through the emergency?” Donghae asked before having a deep gulp.

The nurse quickly got the newly written information sheets and scanned through them. “Lee… Jonghyun Sir.” And there Donghae could only widen his eyes in horror. 

 

&&&

 

 

The click of heels across the steel platform into the building quickly caught each and every employee’s attention to the daughter of their well respected Chairman. Her hair was straightly left loose, making her hair blow in the opposite direction of the wind. The red lipstick was clearly seen on her lips which emphasized her quite fair skin and those eyes behind those round sunglasses were as translucent as the sunlight shone on it.

 

It was Sooyoung’s first day at work and even though her posture was quite grand, she was very nervous inside; the same façade she’d have during her work as an idol before. But she felt more secure and protected this time because she was under her father.

“Miss Choi, I’m the one assigned to bring you to your office. If it’s alright, please follow me.” One secretary told her. Sooyoung took off her shades and nodded, following the male employee without complaints.

The secretary smiled in relief as the girl didn’t do anything rash to him. And in no time, they quickly reached the private office and not really to her surprise, her father was waiting behind her desk. “Oh Sooyoung, you’re here on time. Great!” Mr. Choi said as he signaled the secretary a thank you and dismissal.

“Daddy… Are you sure this room is alright for me?” Sooyoung asked as she noticed the size of her own personal office was large which also contained a few medium sized bookshelves inserted with her favorite books. There was also a very cute sized shaped coffee table along with chairs and the coffee maker.

“Yes, I’m sure. I styled it after your own room.” Mr. Choi smiled as he headed towards the door. “Geez, thanks Daddy.” Sooyoung said before kissing him on the cheeks.

 

Once her father left, she immediately dialed a number while setting her things down on her desk. “Hello Seohyun? Are you free? Can you come up to my office?” Sooyoung asked. She then squealed when she heard a “Sure” on the other line before hanging up.

In no less than a moment, the door knocked. “Come in!”

Seohyun then went inside with an amazed face. “Wow, this office is so cute!” She told the older girl before sitting down on one of the chairs by the coffee table, soon accompanied by Sooyoung. “Yeah, my dad said she got the design from my room.” Sooyoung said. “No wonder it looks familiar.” Seohyun chuckled. “Anyways, why did you call me up?” Seohyun asked.

Sooyoung then just sighed and pouted. “I’m not so sure about this. I mean, I’m not good with papers and such. Can I ask for your help?” She pleaded to the younger friend.  Seohyun just laughed slightly without nodding. “Of course! Anything for you!”  Seohyun’s family are also fellow entrepreneurs and Seohyun had been in the industry ever since and in case you’re wondering how she went up to Sooyoung’s office quickly, she works with the Choi too.

“Really? Thank you so much!” Sooyoung then hugged her tightly which made Seohyun just laugh a bit more. “By the way, any news about Jonghyun?” Suddenly, the atmosphere changed, also Sooyoung’s face and Seohyun took note of it. “Well… not really. It’s been two weeks though. But I’m sure that he might be busy or…” Before Sooyoung could finish, Seohyun interrupted.

“Hmm… yeah I think so too. Why don’t we just get started on your office training, shall we?” Seohyun tried to make the ambience as cheerful as earlier, regretting her question. Sooyoung could sense this and just agreed and smiled. “Yeah, that’d be great!”

“By the way, would you like to go for lunch later? My treat!” Sooyoung added. “Sure!” Seohyun answered excitingly before starting their work.

 

*

Without hesitation, Seunghwan dialed the number to the Choi Chairman. “Hello? Choi Conglomerate speaking.” “Ah… Choi Jungnam… so where’s our deal? We’ll be stopping by later afternoon. Be ready to speak for your company. I’ll be waiting for your answer later.” And with that, he coldly hung up.

“Jonghyun!”

A young 20’s boy then came in by the door, dressed in a clean black suit and tie; his hair neatly and newly cut with bangs pushed up.

“Father?...”

His voice was monotonic as he went closer to the older man.

 They had came back to Seoul just last night and were here for strict business. Ever since the accident, Seunghwan taught his youngest son business. To him, it was a blessing in disguise, now that he molded Jonghyun into the ideal business man he wanted his son to be. And Jonghyun was being cooperative… all in just one week.

*

 

Sooyoung and Seohyun was happily chit chatting in a nearby café where they decided to have their lunch. They were midway into their conversation when someone came over. “Oh hi Yonghwa…” Sooyoung greeted first. “Hi Ladies, nice seeing you guys here! This place isn’t really where I’d expect two heiresses will go to.” Yonghwa greeted with a small chuckle and scratched the back of his head.

On the other hand, Seohyun seemed to be very nervous whom Sooyoung eyed quite teasingly while talking with Yonghwa. “Anyways, I have to go now! Bye Sooyoung!  Bye…Seohyun!” He said with a tint of pink on his cheeks before rushing out. And when Yonghwa finally left, Sooyoung smacked Seohyun’s right arm.

“What was that for?!” Seohyun complained a bit loud, rubbing the now red spot on her arm. “You didn’t say anything to him at all! I know you like him!” Sooyoung said teasingly which just made the other girl blush more. “B-but…”

“But what? Actually, I can tell he likes you too!” The older girl said while whispering the last few words into Seohyun’s ears. And the latter’s face can now be likened to a tomato.

“Oh shut it Unnie…” Seohyun snapped embarrassingly which just made Sooyoung laugh, who found it amusing that the younger girl actually told her to shut up.

“Okay okay, you can tell me more about it later. Anyways, our lunch time is almost up. Let’s go now.” So the two left the café and entered the building, which was actually just across the street.

 

***

 

Around 3:00pm, Sooyoung found herself inside the big conference room; actually, she didn’t know why she was there. Her father just told her to come inside with him. There were other important people of the company that was present. She gulped a few times before picking up a pen and pretended to be writing something.

Just then, the door opened and all attention was now focused onto the person stepping inside the room. His grin was quite very wide, which was kind of creepy and of course, Sooyoung took note of that.

“So… Good Afternoon Choi Conglomerate. I’m pretty sure you know me, Lee Seunghwan. I only expect one of you to question me.” And the man quickly glanced at Sooyoung, surprising her. “What’s with this guy?” she thought.

“Anyways, allow me to introduce my business partner. He’s actually also my very own son, my son who I am most definitely proud of. Come in now.” Mr. Lee said loudly as he seems to be very confident in what he’s saying.

And so, everyone’s attention was towards the door and immediately, it opened. A young man came inside, his hair, his posture, his every aspect; both Sooyoung and Mr. Choi widened their eyes when they realized who was in front of them.

 

“Meet Lee Jonghyun. Son, introduce yourself.”

 

Sooyoung was actually about to stand up and just embrace him but something about him stopped her. His eyes… his eyes were so cloudy, so cold. She also noticed how he became a bit thinner and his hair… it wasn’t his usually hair. And his signature smile… it wasn’t present. Even when he’s about to introduce himself in front of much older businessmen his lips are just like a line. Lifeless.

“Good afternoon. Me and my father would just like to explain some matters. It would be better if we were to make a deal in this convene.”

His voice was as cold as ever. Sooyoung never heard this kind of tone coming from him.  Now, she was afraid to say anything at all. But she knew there was something wrong. Something definitely isn’t right.

The meeting ended quite quickly. Actually, it was Mr. Choi who decided to end it abruptly, disappointing the two visitors. “We have yet to make a final decision. And seeing that we, the Choi Conglomerate, is bigger in terms of finance and business, it is our right to take our time in deciding a final decision.” Mr. Choi told the disappointed father and son.

“Well, if that’s the case, the only thing we could give you is a limit.” And without warning, Mr. Seunghwan Lee pointed to Sooyoung, who was still in a daze of trying to understand what’s happening. “Decision by her birthday… anyways, that was the original deadline of the deal. Come on Jonghyun, we’re leaving. Excuse us.” And with that, the two Lee’s went outside with disappointed and irritated faces.

“I’m so sorry Sooyoung for getting you into all this. It’s my fault really that-“ “It’s alright now excuse me first, Dad…” Sooyoung didn’t wait for him to finish and just left the room quickly, concern and sorry written all over Mr. Choi’s face.

Sooyoung quickly tried to look for the two Lee’s. She wanted to straighten some loops she just experienced. Her head was actually still aching with the bombarded new information in her head. To her luck, she saw Lee Jonghyun standing by the men’s toilet, seemingly waiting for his father.

Without heed, she quickly grabbed Jonghyun’s wrist and dragged him into the nearest empty office.           

“Hey! What the heck was that for?” Jonghyun snapped at her while rubbing his now red wrist. “What are you doing Lee Jonghyun?” Sooyoung asked harshly. “What am I doing? I’m doing business, you Choi girl!” He answered still angry due to her sudden action.

“Who are you?” Sooyoung asked quietly which Jonghyun failed to hear. “Anyways, why do act as if nothing ever happened the past few weeks?” She asked again, also really angry, but stepping closer to him.

“Few weeks? I’ve been studying business that’s all!” He was now shouting at her. “Anyways, if that’s the only thing you’re going to say, I’ll leave now.”

But before he could, he felt a soft pair of lips touch his cheek. His eyes widened at the moment. Although it ended shortly, he then faced the girl whom he knew did it.

 

“Wh-wh…”

“Get back to your senses Lee.” Sooyoung said coldly, but he also noticed her eyes tearing up a bit. She then left quickly with what he could hear as sobs.

“What is she talking about?” Jonghyun softly asked himself as his hand started to touch the cheek she had kissed. He didn’t know why, but he somehow felt a wave of guilt come over him. But he decides to shrug it off.

“Aish.”                                                        

♥.*.♥

Note: I hope you guys like this chapter! And yes, my end of the year exams are finally finished and I'm waiting now for graduation which will still be by the first week of April. 

Anyways, thank you guys so much for sticking with this story! Your comments, upvotes, and subsriptions are really appreciated so thank you again very much! So how do you find the story? Oh and I'll also reveal soon what's keeping Seohyun from telling her feelings to Yonghwa soon and I'll also write clearly the deal that both Mr. Choi and Seunghwan are talking about. Thanks for reading again!