Chapter 7:

Me To You, You To Me

 

Chapter 7: Leave

 

 

The hard rain tattering on the window was enough for the barely asleep Sooyoung to sit back straight again on her bed. It was quite annoying how unsafe she feels right now and just hugged her pillow tightly. After the Christmas dinner, she thought that everything will be much happier but it turns out for the opposite. She scoffed at the thought and just decided to check on her cell phone.

A little bit disappointed for some reason but she somehow perfectly knew what was bothering her. “No message huh. You really want to lose your job.hmph.”

Sooyoung then lied down again trying to sleep for the nth time but it seems a certain someone crossed her mind. “UGH! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!” she screamed at herself. It was a good thing the rain was as loud as the disco speakers as her scream was barely heard outside her room.

Then without her noticing, tears started rolling down her cheeks and then those silent cries eventually turned to an audible sob. Her eyes were red and as dry as a chalk board.  It wasn’t long until she cried herself to sleep. Hours later, the alarm went off causing her eyelids to just fly open, still red. She almost threw her alarm clock when she couldn’t find the sleep button.

And like the past couple of days, no knock on her door. Or rather, no one was sitting down next to her, watching her sleep. “Why?” she kept asking herself over and over again, always ending up frustrated after answering herself too.

With still a messed up mind, Sooyoung decided again to take another day off. She didn’t care about her schedules right now. After miraculously fixing her bed by herself after how many years, she headed downstairs to get her most early breakfast. When she’s feeling down, her appetite increase by ten times and feels like a pregnant woman to be honest.

Just as she entered the kitchen, the person who she did not want to see the most right now was standing right by the counter, preparing to what she familiarizes as her favorite breakfast menu. “You… what the hell are you doing here?” Sooyoung asks with a hoarse voice, almost vulnerable to tears any second. The boy just gave her an apologetic crooked smile.

*Flash back to last night*

Jonghyun returned home around 12 o’clock midnight to see his mother still awake, reading some documents. “You’re not yet sleeping?” he asks. Mrs. Lee didn’t answer his question as she believed it was already obvious and told him to sit down in front of her. The son just did as what he was told. “Where were you?” she asked just like any other parent would. “I was walking around Busan. Don’t worry, I didn’t do anything stupid.” He answered confidently. “Good then.” His mother replied with eyes still stuck on what she’s reading.

“So what are those?” he asks a more logical question. “These are the papers that your father sent to me earlier today.” She told Jonghyun as she handed them to him. The boy scanned through each set of papers with the same cold reaction. “It’s all legal documents… about us.” He said as he almost whispered the last couple of words.

His mom’s hand then gently covered his. Jonghyun noted how warm her hands were and then looked at her in the eyes. She was smiling, a maybe too apologetic one at that. “So what does this mean?” He gulped at his question.

“I have done so many things in life so that I could support you and your twin siblings. But it seems it really is hard with just one parent. Lee Jonghyun… please. This is the only way.” His mother said with tears forming in her eyes.

Jonghyun’s head was still looking down. At one point he understands, but then at another point he becomes so reluctant. “Just why would you trust this man? He never told you he had a wife before! He hurt you, which hurt me…” he snapped almost raising his now-dry voice. “Son, she already died of cancer. Your father clearly told me before that he will come back to support you. Please understand him.” She said in a pleading voice.

There was silence. Jonghyun have always had a grudge on his father because of the fact that he left them with debts and problems. “You still love him don’t you?” This question obviously caught Mrs. Lee off guard but she quickly got her stance back. “I love you more than him. That’s why I want the best for you.” She answered quite straightly. It was Jonghyun this time who got caught off guard.

Before his mother finally went inside her room, he asks one more question. “If so, then where is father?” She gave a small smile before facing him. “In Hong Kong.” She answers. “Hong Kong?!” he exclaimed in disbelief. “Don’t worry; he sent me a letter telling you’ll leave in two days. You already have a ticket to Hong Kong and you’ll stay there for a week.”

“Hong Kong wow… I…If it’s in two days then… can I go back to the Choi’s first, I need to ask permission. I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to always work there now if things are going to go this way. I’ll leave first thing at dawn.” Jonghyun says to his mom. Mrs. Lee nodded. “Of course you can.” She answers before finally going back to her room.

*End of Flashback*

Choi Sooyoung and Lee Jonghyun were now face to face with each other. Both wanted to say something but seems like none of the two have the guts. In no time, a slap on the cheek was very loud enough to scare the birds outside the kitchen away. “You actually have the courage to show your face here.” Sooyoung scolded him so coldly, colder than anything she said to him before. When she saw his now-red right cheek, she felt a bit of guilt but successfully ignored it.

Jonghyun touched the exact place where Sooyoung slapped him just a minute ago. A small, still crooked smile was still visible on his face which apparently raged the girl more. “Well I guess I did deserve that.” He says calmly. “Why are you still here you jerk?” she asks still furious. The smile on Jonghyun’s face then slowly faded away. “Well if you’re that curious… I’ll be having a leave, for maybe the next few months.” He said almost whispering.

Sooyoung felt as if the world just landed on her shoulders. “Wh-what did you say?!” She was really furious right now but this time, at the fact that he’s leaving. “I’m really sorry Mis- I mean, Soo..Young. It’s really an urgent matter. Today is my last day and I want to spend my last day with you surprisingly. Well to make up for my broken promise.” He says before handing her the breakfast he made.

The girl’s tears were now rolling down her cheeks. Jonghyun panicked and didn’t know what to do. Surprisingly he ended up hugging her, which really shocked Sooyoung very much. She tried to push him away but it seems he was really strong and his arms were still around her.

Her hands then punched his chest lightly but Jonghyun made his hug stronger. Sooyoung wasn’t able to move more because of the tightness so she just sobbed her hurt and angry heart out and her head was basically buried in his chest.

She could smell clearly Jonghyun’s scent. Jonghyun could feel his shirt getting wetter by the second because of Sooyoung’s tears. He was just as sad as she was. He tightened his hug, his first ever hug with her. He noted that her hair smelled like flowers of all kind. Of course, his eyes were also teary, letting one roll down his cheeks.

It was quite a long moment before they parted from each other. “So… would you accompany me on my last day?” he asks her with a sweet smile while wiping Sooyoung’s tears away. Being the reluctant and proud girl she was, Sooyoung just huffed making him chuckle a bit.

“I’ll take that as a yes? And if possible will Sooyoung forgive me?” Jonghyun asks more sincerely. Sooyoung was still and was looking at the floor for a moment before lifting her head up to meet him eye to eye. It was a lie if she thought she wasn’t blushing, because her face was red as a tomato. She huffed one more time before turning her attention to the prepared breakfast.

Jonghyun just smirked at her actions. After being with her for ten years, he perfectly knew what she meant.

“For both of my questions, it’s a yes then.”

♥.*.♥

Note: Hello! Well I decided to change the font, I hope you won't mind ^^ First of all I'm sorry I was gone for a bit because we had to prepare for exams which successfully ended. Anyways, please ready yourselves because some things are going to get a little heavier hehe But I do promise you that the next chapter will be somewhat sweet and will make your hearts flutter lol! Thank you again for reading and subscribing! Oh, and please do comment!