Chapter 8:

Me To You, You To Me

Chapter 8: Last Sweet Day

 

 

It was quite a bit long for both Sooyoung and Jonghyun to get ready. Besides it was already mid-January and the weather was really freezing. Sooyoung wore skinny jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and a stylish jacket. Not to mention the cute French cap on top of her flowing hair emphasized her cute face, almost pale because of the cold. Jonghyun had some simple pants, black ¾ length v-neck shirt and a leather jacket, also black. The cold air could be seen when both of them exhaled.

“So, are you ready?” Jonghyun asks quite shyly. Sooyoung was in some kind of daze when Jonghyun spoke to her and she was a bit astonished when she heard his voice. “Yeah…” she answered weakly. The boy’s eyebrows raised up at her tone but just left it be. Both of them headed outside. Jonghyun then quickly went to the garage which made Sooyoung a bit nervous.

Before she could even notice the time, Jonghyun already came back, this time, bringing a bike along with him. “What’s that for?” she asks. “We’re going to be biking around so we won’t waste time.” He answers with a smirk. He then went on the bike and told Sooyoung to hop on too. “A-are you sure about this?!” She yelled at him with worry. “Yes, I am. Come on, you weren’t the only one I had to ride on with this bike. Those people were even bigger and heavier than you.” He assured her as he held out his hand.

Sooyoung just sighed before eventually agreeing with him and hopped on the bike. “You better make sure I’m still alive after this.” She says. Jonghyun didn’t mind to answer and just rolled his eyes with a smirk before dashing off really fast. “Lee Jonghyun! I demand you to go slower now!” Sooyoung keeps yelling as her eyes were squinted close with fear.

Jonghyun obviously noticed the tight grip she had on him and decided to finally lower their speed and chuckled when he felt Sooyoung finally calmed down. “Oh gosh, you had me thinking we were gonna hit a truck bull’s eye with that speed.” She complains. He just sighed again for about the billionth time already when he was with her.

Time passed by quickly after that and arrived at what seems to be Lotte World.  “This place?” Sooyoung asks in disbelief. “Why do you seem like you’re not interested?” Jonghyun asks. “It’s just that-“before she was able to finish her sentence Jonghyun already took her hand and dragged her inside the indoor theme park.

Children of all kinds were there along with families who seemed to be enjoying and having a lot of fun. “See? It’s going to be so fun here. Why is it that you feel sad about coming here?” He asks Sooyoung in a matter of fact tone. Before Sooyoung could answer, an employee then came up to them. “Oh, are you two on a date? Then please enjoy yourselves!” The woman said as she handed out a brochure showing the different rides and then just left to attend to the other visitors before any of the two could say that they weren’t dating.

A chink of warmth was felt on both their faces and just stayed quiet forcing a quite awkward silence between them. “So… you want to go ice skating?” Jonghyun asks as Sooyoung snaps out of what was her thousandth daze this day. “Uh…yeah sure, why not…” she responds in a low and hesitant voice.

It wasn’t long until both of them reached the ice rink. They then rented a pair of skating shoes and started to skate. Not long after that, both of their laughs and smiles were sound and resonant as they were having more and more fun seeing each other slip once in a while, either on their bottoms or even almost the face.

When they finished ice skating, both their moods were already really light. Before going to another ride, they stopped and bought some food to eat and along with that came lots of teasing. Just when Jonghyun cracked up and laughed really loudly to one of her jokes, Sooyoung noticed this small ketchup stain near his lips.

Without thinking twice, she got a spare table napkin and wiped the stain off his face. Her actions made Jonghyun really blush and then without himself noticing, he placed his hand on top of her hand which was apparently touching his face. They had quite a deep eye contact and stayed like that for minutes.

After realizing what they were doing, they immediately went farther away from each other, both startled by their own actions. “Ah… I’m sorry. It’s just that there was a stain on-“Jonghyun then cut off what she was going to say again. “It’s okay.” Sooyoung just nodded. “Now where do you want to go next?” He asks her.

Sooyoung then grabbed the brochure from his hands and started reading it thoroughly until she found one and pointed at it. She showed Jonghyun, and he agreed by giving her one of his most sincere smiles. Staying in Lotte World really drained their time away as both of them were having lots and lots of fun and it was quite awhile until they realized what time it was.

“It’s 6:12pm already?”

Jonghyun was shocked at the time. Ever since from the morning, until now, they were just here. He then called Sooyoung who was busy buying something. “Hey Sooyoung! We have to leave now!” Sooyoung clearly heard him and before she returned, she received the small teddy bear and put it inside her bag. “Coming!”

Both of them were again on the bike passing by Seoul’s evening lights with splendor and awe. Sooyoung almost didn’t notice where they were now. “Cheonggyecheon Stream?” she asks. “What? Are you going to complain again?” Jonghyun teases before earning him a slight smack on the shoulder. “Ouch! Hey I didn’t mean it…” he apologizes. Sooyoung just smirked at win and went ahead to sit by the water.

She took off her shoes and dipped her feet into the water. It was winter and the water was cold and there were even some parts that were frozen. Jonghyun then came along and also sat down. But he didn’t yet take off his shoes. “Isn’t it cold?” he asks as both of them watch her play with her feet in water. “Not really. My body temperature is kind of warm now.” She answers with her attention still on playing with the water.

“Actually, I really love it here. It’s been such a long time since I’ve been here because of all my hectic schedules. My father would bring me to this place every time when I was a child.” Sooyoung added unexpectedly. Jonghyun just nodded.

He then took out a hot pack from his bag and gave it to Sooyoung after she finally takes out her feet from the water. “What’s this for?” she asks with an eyebrow raised. Jonghyun didn’t say anything. Instead, he just pointed at her feet. Sooyoung got the message quickly and then surprisingly stretched her legs. “Yah! Why don’t you be the one to wipe that? You are still my butler after all.” She says quite teasingly.

Jonghyun just smirked and nodded. “Then I guess there’s no helping it then.” He replies which makes Sooyoung’s smile wider. When Jonghyun was busy wiping her feet, she was again on some kind of deep thought or daze and unknowingly to herself, did something she never would even have guessed.

Chu~

Jonghyun’s face turned as red as a really ripe tomato and when Sooyoung realized what she did, she immediately got up and dashed a little away from him. “I….I didn’t mean to… wait, I don’t know what I was doing okay… Uh… Aish!” Sooyoung keeps stuttering with her face becoming really hot.

There was silence from Jonghyun at first before giving a really loud chuckle. “Choi Sooyoung is really full of surprises.” He says as he makes his way towards her. Sooyoung gulped at her tense. “Why don’t we go to the last place okay?” he whispers in her ears before heading towards the bike.

Sooyoung was left a bit awestruck before wobbling her way of nervousness to the bike. Both of them didn’t say anything throughout the ride. And it also wasn’t quite long before both of them realized how short the ride was.

They were now in front of the train station. “Wh-what are we doing here now?” Sooyoung asks without looking at him.

“I guess this is where we say goodbye now.”

When Sooyoung heard what he said, she immediately darted her face towards him. She could notice his teary eyes and pale face, most of all, his apologetic crooked smile which she noted before was really cute.

“Good-bye my mistress, Sooyoung. See you soon.” Jonghyun managed to say in a dry voice before finally hugging her again. Of course, the same stubborn Sooyoung would try to get away from his embrace but not this time. Tears again started flowing.

It was too short for the both of them when they finally let go. Jonghyun then handed the bike over to Sooyoung. “Use this to get home. Thank you for the wonderful day.” He says.

And again, Sooyoung placed her soft lips on his pale cheeks which caught the boy off guard again, this time, with her own will. “You better comeback okay?” she tells him with now-pink cheeks.

“Of course. And I’ll make sure I’ll keep that promise.” He smiles at her and she smiles back, before having one last hug.

♥.*.♥

Note: Hello! I hope you enjoyed this really sweet chapter I promised you! hehe now you guys better look out for what's next! Thanks for reading and commenting! You guys are the best! :) Don't stop commenting okay? heheh