Chapter 9:

Me To You, You To Me

Chapter 9: Girl Talks & Boys' Thoughts

 

It was the last train leaving from Seoul to Busan for the night. Only a few passengers remained, including a certain Jonghyun. His head was resting on the window sides and every minute which passed made him miss Sooyoung more. “Aish, why am I acting this way?” he asks his self. The two moments where she kissed him on the cheeks came back every after a while, and then apparently, the memory of what happened earlier that day.

He clutched his shirt more often and didn’t realize how badly crumpled it was now. His thoughts then were interrupted when the train operator finally announced their arrival. Jonghyun stepped outside and realized it was snowing softly. He chuckled at the thought that even though he lived in Busan for how many years, it was rare and it was his first time to experience it here.

A smile formed on his lips when a small fully formed snowflake landed on his nose. Jonghyun then made his way outside the train station, unhesitant with the decision of walking home instead of getting a taxi. Anyways, it was going to be the last time he’s going to be roaming around the streets of his home city before he leaves for Hong Kong the next morning.  

Meanwhile, Sooyoung was just slowly walking around Seoul with a seemed sad frown. The bicycle Jonghyun had handed her was only being guided by the girl. She didn’t feel like riding it, she wanted a slow pace where she could organize her thoughts clearly. But no matter how hard she tried, her thoughts just keep going back to her little “get-a-way” with Jonghyun earlier.

She blushed at the fact that she undeniably let her body be the controller of certain actions such as planting a soft kiss on the boy’s cheeks; not only once, but twice too. “Oh…” she groaned as she let herself drop into a squat, hiding her face in the sleeves of her jacket from embarrassment.

It wasn’t long though until someone tapped her shoulder which surprised her very much which she usually wouldn’t be. “Wh-what? Who’s there?” she asked as she stood up and turned around. When she familiarized the figure standing in front of her, she was immediately a bit lost for words.

“Y-Yonghwa? What are you doing here?” she hesitantly asked, still very much shocked to his presence. “Well, I live in the building in front you right now. And I should be asking that, especially at this hour.” Yonghwa told her as he gave out a small chuckle, telling himself that his guess was right that she was Seohyun’s friend. “Um, nothing really, I’m just… on my way to Seohyun!” Sooyoung answers quite aware of what she said, realizing the thought just came out to visit her best friend.

Yonghwa’s face quickly reddened at the sound of a certain name. Sooyoung noticed it and gave out a small heartily laugh. “I guess someone’s still having a hang over after the party.” She teases him. And of course, the boy’s face grew redder. Yonghwa was still a bit shy until he notices the bike Sooyoung was bringing along with her. “Oh hey, isn’t that Jonghyun’s bike?” he asks, trying to change the topic. It was Sooyoung this time who was left stunned at a name.

“Uh…yeah I guess so.” She replied trying to find something attention grabbing, obviously uncomfortable with the current situation. He noticed her odd change in mood. “So… where’s the lucky guy now?” Yonghwa asks once more before setting his eyes at the dark sky, trying to make things more comfortable.

Sooyoung then looked at him and gulped. “He’s on his way to Busan. He says he’ll be away for quite awhile.” She says almost as soft as a whisper. Yonghwa, though, correctly heard what she said. He nodded before saying anything. “Ah, that guy. He’s really such a hard-working person, especially when it concerns his family.” They then both started walking forward. “I can tell.” Sooyoung says. “Hey, would you mind accompanying me to Seohyun’s house?” she added.

The boy then suddenly stopped at her words. Surely he did want to see her but, he just felt so shy. “Um, well, I guess I can’t let her friend go to her house all alone at night. But I’ll just bring you there. I’ll go back home immediately.” He says. Sooyoung agreed to him and both of them continued walking.

It was a quiet and short walk for the two before they finally reached Seo Joohyun’s house. Yonghwa just stopped by a nearby tree. “Um, I won’t be going further. You go ahead.” He tells Sooyoung. The girl raised an eyebrow though. “Are you sure?... don’t you want to say good night to her?” She asks teasingly again. Yonghwa just laughed. “No, I’m fine. In fact, you go tell her that I said so.” He says while leaning on the tree and crossing his arms.

“Well, okay then. But if you miss this opportunity then don’t blame me.” Sooyoung shrugged before giving a chuckle and headed her way to the front door. Yonghwa heard her words clearly and smiled. He then sat down behind the large tree and closed his eyes.

Sooyoung knocked three times at the door and as she expected, someone opened up very quickly. “Oh Choi Sooyoung! What’re you doing here at such an hour?” Seohyun asks quite surprised to see who her visitor was. “I just think it’s quite too late for me to go home very late. Is it alright to stay here for tonight? Besides, I want to talk to you about something.” Sooyoung said honestly.

Seohyun quickly nodded and demanded her to get inside quickly before her friend gets a flu from the cold weather. When Sooyoung came in, she smelt sweet potatoes being cooked in the kitchen, not at all surprised. “Just go ahead into my room. I’m pretty sure you know where it is and I was actually just going to change but you use those pajamas instead. They’re on the bed. I’ll just make sure everything is locked before shutting the lights.” Seohyun informed. Sooyoung chuckled at the younger girl’s action and did as told and went upstairs.

When Seohyun checked the gates, she could sense something quite different within the vibe. Being a curious girl, she went outside her gates and checked the nearby surroundings. A sudden sound, something like a snore, was heard coming from one of the trees. Seohyun then looked behind each one and then almost nearly screaming she found someone fast asleep.

At first, she didn’t know what to do and just panicked. But then before going off to run, she then looked at the sleeping boy more clearly and a sense of familiarity crashed over her. “Wait a minute…. Jung…Yonghwa?” she questioned as she crouched down. Of course, like a concerned girl like herself, she shook Yonghwa who seemed to be surprised at the sudden wake. “Hey! You know you could get a cold if you sleep out here?!” Seohyun scolded him as she helped him stand up properly.

Yonghwa yawned before answering and realizing who was in front of him. “Oh Seohyun… um, I was just…uh…roaming around this place… and then I got really sleepy… so here’s why.” He lied as he scratched his head.

Seohyun raised an eyebrow at his explanations but just shrugged it off to his relief. “Well, okay then. But you better get back home now before you actually do get sick. Good Night Jung Yonghwa!” she said before finally going back into her house.

Yonghwa was still a bit surprised at what just happened. “Good Night…Seohyun.” He whispered before finally making his way back to his apartment with a big smile on his face, but his heart too was as jolly as ever… just like during the Christmas Party.

It wasn’t quite long until both Sooyoung and Seohyun were settled down in the room. Of course, the former declined the offer of the bed and just set up a sleeping mat while the latter just agreed to her elder best friend. “Anyways, what brings you here? Tell me, what did you do?” The ever so curious Seohyun asked. Sooyoung chuckled before answering. “Well, I guess today was the first time I’ve ever had so much fun.” She then got her bag and took out her iPhone but then noticed an unopened package. “Oh shoot! I forgot to give him this!” she accidentally blurted out.

And the listener, Seohyun, caught all those words. “Who’s ‘Him’?” she asked with quite an intimidating smirk. Sooyoung got nervous by her look. “Well, um…” Before she could finish answering, Seohyun interrupted her. “Was it Jonghyun?” she asked suddenly.

A pink blush then suddenly appeared which Seohyun’s eyes didn’t give mercy at. “Hey, Sooyoung-unnie, do you think you’re in love?” she asked without hesitant. This time, instead of just having a chink of pink on her face, it became really red.

“Ah… I don’t need to hear your answer. I think I already know.” Seohyun said before turning off the lights and lying down. Sooyoung stiffed at what she just heard. “Really? I…. don’t know myself, to be honest.” She told the younger one while making herself more comfortable by covering herself with the blanket. “You’ll find it out soon. Good Night Unnie!” Seohyun said before finally closing her eyes, oblivious to her confused friend.

Sooyoung just laid there, looking up to the ceiling. She recalled again what had happened that day. A smile formed on her lips, and that tint of pink was still on her face. “I just hope you comeback quickly.” She whispered to herself before closing her eyes. 

♥.*.♥

Note: Hello again! Well this chapter is more like a filler but yeay for YongSeo! and have you seen their interactions during Music Bank 130201? omg asdfghjksdfghjk mah YongSeo feeeeelz. hehehe. Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! Thank you for subscribing and commenting! All those are really appreciated and make me a lot more motivated!