Chapter 5:

Me To You, You To Me

Chapter 5: Coming Problems  & Broken Promises

 

10:21am~

The alarm clock rang already for about five times but it seems like Choi Sooyoung still didn’t seem to notice and was deep asleep. It wasn’t until Jonghyun came inside once again to wake her up. The curtains were wide awake though so he had no other option except to eventually go up to her. “Mistress…” before he could go on, he bit his lip as he recalled her telling him to say her real name. “S-Sooyoung-nim. It’s time to wake up. You have a press conference at 1’o clock pm and before that, you need to have lunch with one of the producers.” He said all at once.

“Hm..mmm…” Sooyoung mumbled before her eyes started opening and she got up.” Fine… just get out already.” She told him while yawning and rubbing her eyes. Jonghyun gave a small smile and bow before leaving. Sooyoung then sighed and went inside her bathroom to get ready. When Jonghyun came down, he was immediately told by the door boy that Mr. Choi wished to see him.

He quickly walked to Mr. Choi’s office. “You called?”Jonghyun asked as he entered the spacious room. “Yes. Please have a seat.” Mr. Choi ordered. The young man did as he was told almost immediately. “I would just like to thank you for the success of the Christmas Dinner. It was amazing.” He told Jonghyun with a big smile. “Here, take this as thanks. It’s twice your salary for December.” He added. Jonghyun was a bit shocked at the generous offer but nonetheless accepted it.

“Oh wow, thank you very much Mr. Choi!” He thanked. Mr. Choi just nodded proudly in response. “You should continue what you were doing. I’ll see you later Lee Jonghyun.” He said before Jonghyun bowed 90 degrees fully and left the room.

When the young man exited, Mr. Choi’s smiled turned from a sincere smile to a troubled frown as he looked back at his papers and then to a letter.

Mr. Choi,

It’s been quite awhile since we’ve contacted each other. From what I see, your daughter seems not to be interested in inheriting your billion won estate. Because it has come to that, from our last meeting, I have all the rights to buy your business. It’s almost your daughter’s 23rd birthday. Don’t you think if she was really interested, she would have well, how do you say this, avoid so many rumors and scandals? What a depressing downfall to see, Mr. Choi. I know soon, you will make up your mind. And to avoid more pressure from the media, it’s best if you handle everything to me. It’s not about family inheritance anymore if there’s no future to the business, am I right?

Well, that’s all I can write. I hope we’ll meet face to face soon, Choi.

-       Lee Seunghwan

 

The man then put the paper down as he read it for the nth time. “What am I going to do? Aish.” He talked to himself before going back to the other papers.

~

 

Just as he went out, Jonghyun bumped into Sooyoung. “Hey, watch it.” She scolded a bit. “I’m sorry!” He apologized as he put his hands up. Before he could say more, Sooyoung dragged him quickly all the way to her room. “You need anything?” Jonghyun asked very curiously. Sooyoung gave a grunt before she faced him. “I need your help.” She said bluntly. “H-help?” He was surprised the girl asked him for help so straightforwardly. “What for?” he continuously asked. To be honest, he was feeling like something was wrong.

Sighing, Sooyoung showed him a sheet of newspaper.

“Choi Sooyoung to hold a press conference today at 1:00PM at the Seoul Conventional Center. Will she have a say to the rumors all about her?”

It was apparently the headlines of the entertainment section of the daily newspapers. Jonghyun sighed before crumpling the paper and threw it into the trash bin. “I think Choi Sooyoung can do it.” He said quite confidently assuring her. Sooyoung just sighed and pouted in a manner Jonghyun has never seen her do before… well, at least at him that is.

“It’s not that easy. Oh and, don’t think I don’t know about that note you left me before. There’s a reason I’m coming to you for help.” She said as she pointed to a post-it that was stuck to a picture frame of ‘Choi Sooyoung’. Jonghyun read what was written and another smile formed on his ever teasing lips.

“’Only you yourself know what’s true…’ And I think that’s correct.” He said. Sooyoung grumbled and sat back up. “Ugh…but it seems you know me better than I do.” She said in a weak and hardly audible voice. Good thing Jonghyun had great hearing. “Really? I can’t believe that Choi Sooyoung is trusting me and is showing a bit of weakness.” He said in a teasing voice. The girl then grunted again. “Aish… what do you speak as if you’re not talking to me.” She said. Jonghyun then suddenly faced her and moved closer. “Because I’m not talking to the famous Choi Sooyoung, I’m talking to my mistress, Choi Sooyoung.” He said in a deep voice.

“Ugh.” She grumbled before looking away from him and got up. “Just be at the press con later… promise?” she asked so vulnerably. The two’s backs were basically facing each other. Jonghyun had a small smirk. “Promise.” He assured. Sooyoung unconsciously had a small smile on her face before running off downstairs to leave. Jonghyun then watched her leave from the second floor balcony before going to the garden to water some plants.

12:36nn~

After thirty minutes, he already finished the garden errand and decided to give himself a break. He went to his room and took off his coat. As he was about to drink some water, his cell phone rang. He smiled as he realizes it was his mother.“Umma, how’s everything?” he asked quite happily. “My son… Can you spare some time to come back home?” his mother’s tone seemed to be very off and lifeless which made his smile turn completely to a worried frown.

Jonghyun then felt a bit of nervousness come over him. “Pan-da and Wan-il is sick. And your uncle called me. He’s coming over.” His mother said. “Uncle? Who-“ before he could continue, his mother interrupted him. “Uncle from your father’s side.” Once Jonghyun heard this, everything else seemed to stop. “Wh…what?!” Hearing that his little twin brother and sister were sick was alarming enough but news from his father, which he had never even met, would come to them all of a sudden was a big shock.

“But… you promised us that we wouldn’t have anything to do with them.” He said in a softer but broken voice. “Honey… some promises are just meant to be broken. Please come home so I could explain further.” His mother’s voice seemed to be on the verge of crying and before Jonghyun could respond, the line was quickly disconnected.

“Aish.”

Jonghyun then hurried his way to Mr. Choi’s office and knocked on the door. A subtle “Come In” was heard and he immediately went inside. “What brings you here?” Mr. Choi asked, a bit worked up himself. “Sir… my mother called me and it seems like that something unfortunate happened. I… need to go home.” He said nervously.

Mr. Choi stopped what he was doing. “Oh. If that’s that then…. How does three days sound to you? I’m pretty sure Sooyoung could handle things by herself within the meantime.” He told Jonghyun before going back to his papers. “Thank you very much sir.” Jonghyun thanked once again before leaving the room. When he was packing, the thought of Sooyoung struck him. He looked at the time.

12:51nn

After changing, he quickly took his things and headed to the doorway. He was wearing Sooyoung’s gift to him, the orange long sleeved shirt. He then looked back at the mansion and then to his cell phone. A message reached him and quickly opened it.

“Please hurry my son.”

-Mom

Jonghyun took a deep breath once more before finally walking into the streets. “I’m so sorry Sooyoung. But I guess… some promises are just meant to be broken.” He thought. And as he was rushing his way to the train station, he didn’t notice his cell phone vibrating to a new message. But this time, it wasn’t from his mom.

“Jonghyun…where are you? It’s already 1:00. It’ll start soon. Please hurry.”

-       Sooyoung.

 

♥.*.♥

Note: Ah I'm so sorry if this was short and I didn't update for the past few days! Everything is just so distracting and with all these Gayo Daejuns' and asdfghjk GG's comeback!! Anyways, thank you for reading and commenting!