Chapter 8

Love Brings Change

 

A year after…..

 

Kim has been working for 6 hours in a day, thrice a week. Since she got back from Batangas, she spent and spends more time with her family. She would do the cooking most of the time, despite the fact that they’ve got six helpers at home. She would also prepare for Jessica’s school stuffs everyday, and so with what will Gerald wear for office on weekdays. A family bonding with Troy every Saturday, mass then lunch and dinner with the Andersons in Makati every Sunday.

Life of Kim and Gerald as married couple isn’t that perfect, there were times when they’ll have arguments but Gerald will see to it that they will go to bed without misunderstanding. Kim has been checking with her OB Gyne regularly since they’ve been wanting to have a baby again.

 

“Honey, something urgent that you’d want to tell?” Gerald is in a meeting when Kim called.

“I’m sorry for disturbing you Ge, I think I need to go to the doctor.”

“Why? What happened?”

“I don’t know, I’ve been feeling dizzy since this morning when you drove me here at the flower shop.”

“Okay, I will be there real quick.”

“Ge, it’s okay. I just wanted to tell you, I will ask the driver to take me to the hospital, finish your meeting.”

“Oh no, honey I will be there soon, okay? I love you.” He hangs up.

When Gerald arrived at the flower shop, he went straight to Kim’s office. Kim was lying down the sofa with eyes closed.

“Kim, I’m here. Let me take you to the hospital.”

“Hon, now I’m having abdominal pain.”

“Oh no, what happened, what did you eat? Let’s go hon.”

He took her to the hospital.

It was the General practitioner that examined her first at the emergency department.

“Mr. Anderson, your wife will be referred to her OB-Gyne, her personal doctor has already been paged so we’ll just wait for her here. She’ll be here soon.”

“Thank you doctor, but is my wife okay?”

“I can’t see any problem, we’ll just confirm with the OB-Gyne.”

In five minutes, doctor Han, Kim’s OB-Gyne arrived at the ER. Tests were done and the results were in, very quick.

“Kim, Gerald, everything’s fine. Nothing to worry about. Gerald, you’ve done good in taking care of your wife. Kim, you’ve done well in all of my advice to you. Congratulations! You are 3 months pregnant.”

Kim and Gerald looked at each other.

“We’re having a baby!” Gerald couldn’t hide his happiness.

“Yes we are, honey!”

He took her in his arms and kissed her forehead. “Thank you Lord.”

Kim looked at his husband. “At last, honey! Promise to take care of our baby this time.”

Gerald nodded at her. “I will take care of you and our baby, we will take care of the baby.”

Kim smiled with tears on her eyes. “Yes, we will.”

Gerald lowered himself and kissed his wife. “Honey, thank you for your patience, I love you! And I will love this baby as much as I love you and Jessica.”

“No, thank you Ge. You’ve been very patient to me, thank you for being my strength. I love you and Jessica, we will love our babies, love each other until forever.”

 

They sealed their love with a passionate kiss...

 

THE END