Chapter Two

Love Brings Change

 

The next day Kim and Jessica drove to the Nursery School a bit early for Kim not to get stuck in traffic going to her appointment after sending her daughter to school. Their condo is in Ortigas and Kim has to catch a breakfast meeting at eight with a client in Quezon City, so she has to drive Jessica to school  ten minutes before seven, Jessica’s class starts at seven thirty. They reached the school, recited their rules then Kim took Jessica to her classroom. They were walking towards the building when ate Jemma, who just arrived, noticed them and smiled. The mother and daughter stopped.

“Hi, good morning.” Ate Jemma casually greeted them.

“Good morning ma’am.” Kim greeted back.

 “Please call me Jemma, you seem to be a decade younger than me, call me ate Jemma.” Ate Jemma recognized Jessica.

 “Hey little girl, I know you.” Jessica smiled.

“So, you are this little girl’s Mommy.” Ate Jemma smiled again.

Kim blushed. “Yes ma’am. I wasn’t able to fetch her on time yesterday.”

 “Please call me ate Jemma.”

“Ate Jemma..” Kim smiled. “I’m Kim. Jessica’s mom.”

They shook hands. “I noticed, you are a bit early for Jessica’s class. I don’t think teacher Mila nor teacher Allie is already here.”

 “I have a meeting to catch so I need to take her this early.”

“Hmmm, where is Daddy?” ate Jemma directed the question to Jessica.

“I don’t have a daddy!” Jessica announced.

Ate Jemma looked at Kim. “ahm, I am a single mom.” Kim shyly admitted.

 “Oh, I’m sorry..That explains you, driving your little girl to school this early then will catch up a meeting.”

Kim nodded.

 “I understand, why don’t you leave Jessica with me, I will take her in my office for the mean time, then when Teacher Allie arrives, I will send Jessica to her classroom.”

Kim smiled. “I’ll appreciate that, thanks ate Jemma.”

 “No problem Kim, alright, go and catch your appointment.”

Kim kissed Jessica for the last time and left. Ate Jemma took Jessica with her. At her office, Jessica quietly sat on the sofa in front of ate Jemma’s table.

“Would you want some cookies Jessica?”

Jessica shyly said “I’d love to.”

Ate Jemma gave Jessica the small jar of cookies. “Eat as many as you can, sweetie.”

 “Thank you Teacher.”

Ate Jemma smiled. “Call me Tita Jemma.”

“Tita Jemma.” Jessica repeated.

 “That’s better sweetie.” Jessica just gave her adorable smile.

“Honey, you told me earlier, you don’t have a daddy?”

Jessica nodded. “Just me and Mommy.”

 “Oh! Okay.”

When Teacher Allie arrived, ate Jemma took Jessica to her class. Then she called Gerald. “Ge, I think I found the right one for you.”

 “Ate, aren’t you going to get tired of telling me that?”

Ate Jemma laughed. “I won’t get tired.” “

Whatever ate.” “Hey Gerald, I’m serious.”

 “Ate I have to go.” He hangs up.

Kim parked next to the bench where she saw Jessica and Teacher Allie yesterday. When she spotted Jessica coming out of the school’s gate, she went out of the car and walk towards her daughter.

 “Mommy!” Jessica hugged Kim.

“Hello honey. How’s school?”

Jessica raised her left hand and showed Kim the 3 star marks on her hand.

“Wow, 3 stars from teacher. Very good, baby.” Kim kissed her chubby cheeks, Jessica giggled.

“What do you want as a reward?”

Jessica smiled. “Ice cream!”

“Of course, we’re going to get you an ice cream honey. Come, let’s go and buy your ice cream.” Kim held her right tiny hand then they started walking towards the car. Kim was about to open the door of the car to get Jessica in when she saw her daughter smiling and looking at someone. Kim looked to where Jessica’s looking.

The tall handsome guy’s smiling back at Jessica. “Hi little girl.” Gerald greeted Jessica.

Jessica looked at Kim which made Gerald look at Kim too.

“Hi.” Gerald smiled at Kim.

“Hi.” Kim said it almost a whisper.

 “Mommy, he’s the one I am talking about.”

Kim frowned and looked at Gerald.

“Oh, so you are Jessica’s mom.”

Kim nodded at him.

“Hi, I’m Gerald.” He extended a hand, Kim shook it. “Kim…” they both smiled at each other.

“Yesterday, I saw her sitting on that bench alone.”

 “Thanks for keeping my daughter a company.” She smiled casually at him.

“That’s not a problem at all.”

Kim smiled again. “Honey, say bye to your friend. “

Jessica looked at Gerald. “Mommy, can we go eat ice cream with Tito Gerald?”

Kim’s eyes got bigger. “Baby, he might have to go somewhere or need to do something.”

Jessica frowned. “Is that right?” she looked at Gerald and waited for his answer.

 Gerald shyly looked at Kim then to Jessica. “I am sorry little girl, maybe we could go next time.”

Jessica sighed. “Okay..”

Gerald smiled. “Come, give tito Gerald a bear hug.” Gerald knelt down. Jessica hugged him and kissed his cheek then whispered to his ear. “Next time, okay?” Gerald smiled and nodded.

“Have to go.” Kim nodded. Gerald left, Kim and Jessica drove away.

“What does that mean?” ate Jemma teased Gerald when she greeted him at the gate of school.

“What?” Gerald is clueless.

“Come on Gerald, you know what I mean. I thought you’re not into the idea of having a family yet?” she winked at him.

“Ate, please not again..”

Ate Jemma laughed. “Okay, okay, you win. Umamin ka, Kim’s a hot mom, right?”

“Ate talaga.”

 

Friday, Gerald went to the Nursery school to read a story for the kids. Teacher Allie’s class’ turn, today after reading for teacher Mila’s last Friday. He gave each of the pupils a copy of the story book he’s reading. Everyone is attentive as he started reading the book. Jessica raised her hand twice throughout the story telling to answer some questions asked by Gerald. After the class, Gerald went to Jessica as the little girl’s on her way out. Jessica looked up to him and grinned. “Tito Gerald.”

Gerald smiled. “Jessica, you did great a while ago.”

Jessica smiled. “Thank you.”

They walked towards the gate of the school. When they reached the gate, Gerald looked around. “Seems like your Mommy isn’t here yet.”

Jessica is smiling and looking at a guy walking towards them. Gerald looked at the guy; Jessica took her hand from Gerald. “Tito Troy.” Jessica went to the guy and hugged him as he bent down. Jessica looked at Gerald, Gerald looked at Jessica then to Troy.

“Sweetheart, let’s go?” Troy took her left hand.

“Tito Gerald, goodbye.” Gerald smiled and waved at her as they walk away.

Gerald is watching them and is confused. Friday is the busiest day for Kim. It was already an arrangement that Troy will fetch Jessica from school every Friday. Troy took Jessica to lunch then to Kim’s office in Ortigas and goes back to his office after a quick chat.

“Mommy, look.” Jessica showed her book.

“What is it honey?” Kim put down her pen and looked at the book.

“Tito Gerald, read us this book earlier. He told us, it was his mom who wrote the book.” She proudly smiled.

“Wow! That’s great sweetie, did you enjoy the story?”

“Yes. Tito Gerald is the best story teller next to you Mommy.” She grinned.

Kim was stunned but manages to smile. “Great!”

“Mommy, Tito Gerald promised me an ice cream, can I go with him after class?”

Kim is still overwhelmed; her daughter is talking too much about Gerald. “Honey, I think we have to talk about that with Tito Gerald.”

“Please please Mommy, pretty pleeease.” She pouted.

 Kim sighed and smiled. “Baby… I cannot promise you, but I need to talk to tito Gerald about it okay?”

“Okay.” Jessica busied herself with her book while Kim works.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's another one! Goodnight! :)