Chapter Five

Love Brings Change

 

MWF, Gerald would fetch Jessica from school and they’ll go and have lunch together, bond after a meal then he’d drive her to Kim’s office. Tuesday and Thursday, Gerald would just visit them at their condo after his work. Saturday is a day for Kim and Jessica alone, Sunday, Gerald would join them to mass and lunch then he does some work in the afternoon, while Kim and Jessica would go malling after lunch. They were used to that routine for four months now. Kim’s able to know Gerald more, she has discovered his other side, and she finds him sweet, gentleman, funny and smart. Gerald can’t deny the admiration he has for Kim, a kind-hearted mom, witty, wise and compassionate.

Thursday morning when the routine didn’t come as normal. Gerald fetched Kim and Jessica from their condo and drove Jessica to school. Gerald asked Kim the night before if they can have a breakfast together, which she accepted. This is the first time that they’d go out alone together, without Jessica. Gerald drove to Makati Shangri-La for a buffet breakfast. They took turns in getting their food; Gerald volunteered to get fruits for them.

Most of the time, they’d talk about Jessica, but this time they talked about the both of them. They felt like they knew each other for years now. They we’re sharing the fruits when suddenly the conversation got serious. Gerald held her hand on the table, Kim swallowed when she saw his facial expression. Gerald looks like a boyfriend who is very nervous if his girlfriend would accept his marriage proposal or not.

“Kim, I know it’s only been 4 months. But as the days pass by, the feeling gets even deeper. I know the first time I saw you, I already fell in love with you.”

Kim is stunned.

 “Kim, you don’t need to say something, hindi mo kelangang sumagot, I just feel the need to tell you. Mahal kita, Kim.”

Kim didn’t move nor say a word, she is surprised but manage to smile.

“I hope, you won’t push me away, ngayong sinabi ko na ang nararamdaman ko sa’yo. Sana ganun pa rin tayo, we don’t need to be together to be Jessica’s parents but if you’d want to, hindi naman ako tatanggi.” He smiled naughtily.

Kim shook her head and smiled. “Iba ka talaga.”

Gerald laughed. “Iba talaga..Kim promise me, walang magbabago, this doesn’t mean na kelangan mong gustuhin o mahalin din ako. Kahit pa ayaw mo sa akin, magiging daddy pa rin ako ni Jessica, kahit pa mag-asawa ka na at magkaroon ng anak.”

Kim giggled. “Ano ba yan? Ang layo na ng narating mo, e magtatapat ka lang naman.”

“E ganun talaga, para clear. Kim ha? Walang magbabago.”

She smiled then nodded. “Okay.”

She didn’t say something about his confession of love, she likes him but she isn’t sure yet if she loves him. She needed time to figure that out, perhaps they have to do this often—go out alone together.

“Ano, saan kita ihahatid? Uuwi ka muna or you have to run some errands?”

“Ge, ihatid mo na lang ako sa Paseo.”

“Where in Paseo?”

“At Troy’s place.”

Gerald frowned. “Si…si.g..sige..off din ba ni Troy pag Thursday?” he asked as he started the engine.

 “Hindi, ako lang. I think you knew that as the company’s CEO, you need to go to work everyday.” She laughed.

“But we still have the control.” He defensed.

“I know, but you’re always needed.”

 “Yeah, you’re right. Bakit ka pupunta sa place niya kung nasa trabaho pala siya?”

“Oh well, I have the key. Saka malapit na rin ang uwian ni Jessica. Doon na muna ako magpapalipas ng oras.”

“Do you do this all the time?”

“Troy is my bestfriend, sabay kaming lumaki niyan. Lahat ng bagay sa amin alam ng bawat isa. Yeah, parang bahay ko na ang bahay niya at ganun din siya sa bahay ko.” She grinned.

“Ah okay.” He nodded.

“By the way Ge, this weekend you can do your work, meet your friends and make appointments. Remember our every month bonding with Troy? This weekend na yun. Since last month sa place namin, this time, we’ll go to his place.”

“So hindi tayo tuloy sa Sunday?”

she shook her head. “We’ll be hearing mass with Troy, he already misses Jessica.”

He nodded. Since Jessica came, Kim and Troy with Jessica would have to have a bonding time one weekend every month, depending on Kim’s and Troy’s schedule. Since last month’s venue’s Kim’s place, this month Kim and Jessica would go to Troy’s. On Saturday morning Troy would fetch them from their condo and they go picnic together, do whatever Jessica wants. They’d sleep over in his place on Saturday night and would go to church on Sunday, after lunch he’d take Jessica to shopping. Troy has been a witness to Kim’s love for Jessica; he’s been with her when she adopted Jessica. He loves Jessica as his own. But he knew about Gerald as well, Kim never hides from him. If she’s in love or hurt, he knows, she tells him everything.

Gerald went back to his office after taking Kim to Troy’s place. He thought about Kim, when he’s seated on his office chair. The thought of Kim with Troy breaks his heart. He knew he can’t take Troy away from Kim’s life, they’re best friends and whether he admits it or not, they’ve shared long years together than him with Kim, Troy knows a lot more about Kim than him.

 

Friday, Gerald took Jessica to his office after lunch. Kim has 3 meetings that day so she can’t look after Jessica. At five in the afternoon, Kim’s ready to leave work.

“Hello, Ge?” she answered Gerald’s call just when she reached the lobby of the building.

 “Kim, sorry I can’t make it to dinner tonight. Ipinahatid ko na si Jessica sa driver, baka in 5 minutes nandiyan na sila sa labas ng flower shop. I have an emergency meeting with the foreign investors.”

Kim is disappointed but understands his reason. “Ganun ba? Sige, basta mag-ingat ka.”

He smiled. “Yeah, thanks. I have to go.” He hangs up.

Kim invited Gerald to join her and Jessica for dinner at Edsa Shangri-La earlier this morning; she wanted to see him before they go on a weekend break with Troy. She has been looking forward to this dinner, she can’t deny the disappointment she is feeling at the moment, but she can’t do anything, she can’t demand time from him. They aren’t together in the first place.

 

When Jessica went down from the car, she hugged Kim. Kim looked at the car but no sight of Gerald. She sighed.

“Daddy has to work. He can’t join us to dinner.”

Kim faked a smile. “It’s okay honey, come!”

 

Troy collected Kim and Jessica from their condo and did the activities they planned for that weekend.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just imagine the activities Troy, Kim and Jessica did na lang, I don't feel like describing them. I am too lazy! lol!

Goodnight! :)