Chapter Six

Love Brings Change

 

Monday, Gerald fetched Jessica and did their routine.

“Mommy!” Jessica came running to Kim, Kim is discussing something with Troy. She put the papers down and both looked at Jessica. She gave Troy a kiss then hugged Kim. Kim looked at her office door.

“Where’s daddy?”          

Jessica took her seat on the sofa. “He went back to his office. Meeting!”

 “Oh, see..” Kim nodded.

Troy looked at her.

“Ano?”

“Don’t tell me, in love ka na sa kanya?” he teased.

Kim just looked at him.

“You can’t hide anything from me, Kimmy.”

She sighed. “Wala talaga akong maitago sa’yo.”

He laughed. “Come on, kilalang kilala na kita. What’s your plan?”

She frowned. “Plan??”

“Yeah! Your plan with Gerald. Since daddy naman siya ng anak mo, pwede mo na siyang maging asawa. Why don’t you get things real, official and legal.” He smiled naughtily.

Kim slapped his arm. “Tumigil ka nga. Jessica can hear you, makakuha siya ng idea sa mga sinasabi mo.” She whispers.

He raised his right hand with a peace sign on his fingers. “Sorry!” he smiled.

 They both looked at Jessica, good thing Jessica’s busy with her book.

“No plan! Let it be…” she whispers.

“Okay, let’s see kung tatagal ka sa ganyan” Troy is also whispering.

She shook her head and concentrated on the papers. The most awkward topic for Kim is her love life, as much as possible she doesn’t want them to talk about it. She keeps most of the details to herself.

 

Tuesday when Gerald has to call Kim and tell her he can’t come to their condo after office hours. He has to review the presentation for the next day. Investors are coming and he’d want that deal, so he just called Jemma and talked to Jessica on the phone during their merienda break in school. 

Neither can Gerald fetch Jessica on Wednesday from her school. His meeting with the investors is until 2 in the afternoon. Kim has to do the task for him, just for this day.

Thursday, Kim took Jessica to school and recited their rules.

“Mommy, I miss daddy.”

Kim handed her bag. “I know honey but he has to work too.”

Kim misses him too. She hasn’t seen him for a week now.

“Jessica, sweetie.” Jemma came from behind. Jessica smiled at her, Kim did the same thing, Jemma smiled back and looked at Kim. She’d want to ask about Gerald but kept shut.

“Let’s go?” Jemma held Jessica’s hand. The little girl nodded. Kim smiled and waved at them.

She sat on the bench and sighed. Gerald didn’t call her since yesterday, she knew he’s busy and has to work but he isn’t like this for the past months. “Is there something that’s bothering him?” she thought.

She was driven back to the world when she heard someone.

“Ang lalim ata ng iniisip mo.”

Kim looked up.

Gerald is smiling at her. Kim frowned but can’t hide her smile. “What are you doing here?”

“Why? I am not allowed here?”

Kim laughed. “Bahala ka nga diyan.” She stood up, Gerald took her right hand. “Sandali.”

Their eyes locked. Kim was the first to look away. She took her hand from his grip.

“I am here to invite you for breakfast.” He admitted.

“Ano, pwede ka ba?”

Kim looked at him then nodded.

“Can we use my car, iwan mo muna ang kotse mo dito, I will tell ate na pabantayan sa guard.”

She nodded; Gerald guided her to his car then drove to Manila Peninsula for breakfast. When seated with food on their plates, Kim’s feeling awkward.

“Okay ka lang ba?” he asked.

“Oo naman.”

“Bakit parang kanina ka pa tahimik diyan?”

“Wala naman. Don’t mind me.”

 “You sure?” she nodded.

Kim is very quiet, they were walking towards the lobby after breakfast when Gerald has to ask her again if everything’s okay.

“Kim, kanina ka pa tahimik.”

 She looked at him and faked a smile. “Okay lang talaga ako.”

He held her right hand while they walk, in no time they reached his car.

“Do you wanna go somewhere?” he asked before opening the car door for her.

“Ikaw? Wala ka bang trabaho?”

He frowned. “Ayaw mo ba akong kasama, Kim?”

She looked away and shrugged. “hindi naman sa ganun, baka nakakaabala pa ako.”

He looked at her seriously. “Wala kang lakad while you wait for Jessica?”

She shook her head.

He let her get in the car, then climbed in to his seat after. “I know a place where we can talk, Kim I know and I can feel something’s wrong. Ayokong patagalin pa ito. We need to talk.”

She frowned. “Saan tayo pupunta?”

he smiled. “At mom’s!”

“What? Are you serious?”

“Yes, I am!”

“Ge, nakakahiya, does she even know anything about me? About Jessica? About our arrangements?”

 “Kim, she knows everything, and been wanting to see you, kaya relax ka lang.”

Ten minutes have passed when they reached the Anderson’s mansion. Mommy Vangie is smiling excitedly as they get out of the car. Kim’s heart is beating fast; Gerald held her right hand, as they walk towards the main door of the house, where Mommy Vangie is waiting for them. Gerald hugged his mom briefly then both looked at Kim.

 “Mom, this is Kim.”

Kim smiled shyly. “Hello po.”

Mommy Vangie smiled and hugged her. “Glad we’ve finally met hija.”

Kim smiled. “Come in, I baked some cookies for you, I heard Jessica loves cookies, take some for her later.”

Gerald didn’t let go of her hand, they walked hand in hand after Mommy Vangie, as she leads them inside. They took a bite of the cookies and the mixed fresh fruits, in between Mommy Vangie and Kim talked about their common passion~ writing.

“Mom, where’s everyone?”

“Your dad’s in the office, your ate is at the Nursery so I’m left here alone.”

“Can we take the swing at the garden?”

Mommy Vangie smiled. “Of course sweetheart. Padadalhan ko kayo ng pagkain doon.”

He looked at Kim, she shook her head.

“Mom, it’s okay.Kami na lang ang kukuha mamaya.”

“Okay, just ask Manang Celia, I need to meet a friend at the café, so I need to go. Are you guys okay here?”

 “Yes, of course mom.” Mommy Vangie kissed both of them and left.

 

Gerald took her to the garden, where a swing beside the pool is built. It was built for lovers since it only accommodates two individuals and they need to sit close to each other to fit in. He let her sit first then sat beside her when she’s seated. They looked at each other for a minute; Kim was the first to look away. He took her right hand with his left.

“Come on, tell me what’s wrong?”

Kim didn’t respond.

“Kim…”

She sighed. “Ge, are you sure you want to do this?”

He frowned.

“Anong ibig mong sabihin?”

“Ge, you are a very busy person.” She was cut by Gerald.

“Kim, is this about Jessica? Or us?”

She looked away, shook her head and didn’t say anything.

“Kim, I know these past few days, hindi tayo nagkakasama. Busy sa trabaho.”

“Yun na nga Ge, baka naman nakaka-istorbo na kami sa’yo.”

“Hey, hey! Hey! Of course not! God knows how I wanted to just be with you, be with Jessica. But I promise, from this day on, I will have more time to spend with you.”

“No! Don’t do that. Just do your work, wag mo akong alalahanin.”

Gerald smiled. “I knew it! This is not just about Jesicca, this is all about us. You are having doubts about my confession a week ago!?”

“Ge, you said you love me.”

“Yes I did! And I intend to show and prove that to you, no matter how long it takes.”

She said nothing and didn’t look at him.

“Hey!” he made her face him. “Please, hayaan mo akong bumawi, Kim. Kapag hindi ka satisfied sa mga efforts ko after you give this chance, sige sabihan mo akong tumigil na lang, pero sa ngayon, just give me this chance, Kim…” He pouted.

Kim sighed but nodded. “Sige na nga.”

Gerald got her into a hug and let her sit on his lap, he peppered her with his kisses.

“O, sandali muna, sobra namang daming halik niyan.”

“I love you Kim.” He looked into her eyes. Kim just gave him a smile.

“Ano wala kang sasabihin man lang? di mo ba ako sasagutin? Para hindi ka na magtampo tampo pa. At para may dahilan ka na para pagalitan, magdemand at angkinin ako.” He challenged her naughtily.

Kim stood up. “Ewan ko sa’yo, bahala ka diyan. Halika na, nag-aantay yung anak mo sa eskwela.”

Gerald shook his head smiling from ear to ear and followed her inside.

After sharing some more cookies and milk shake, they headed to the nursery school to collect Jessica. Manang Celia handed Kim, the small jar of cookies with Jessica’s name printed on it.

While inside the car, waiting for Jessica, Gerald invited Kim for dinner later and didn’t give her a chance to refuse.

“E paano si Jessica?”

“Mom will take care of her, we can go and get some clothes and fresh uniform for her school tomorrow, after lunch, just before we take her to Mom’s house.”

“You got this planned?”

Gerald nodded. “Kaya wag kang mag-alala, ako ang bahala sa lahat. Pumayag ka lang na mag-dinner kasama ako, ako na ang gagawa at mag-iisip ng lahat.”

“Teka, you mean, overnight si Jessica sa Mommy mo?”

“Yeah! Saka dad wanted to bond and see his apo, hayaan na natin.”

Kim frowned. “You sure, okay lang sa kanila?”

“Opo, nothing to worry about. Trust me!”

“Sige na nga.”

Jessica came out of the school 10 minutes later. She was so happy to see her parents fetching her together.

“Mommy! Daddy!” she took both into a big group hug.

“How’s school anak?”

“Good mommy, I was able to learn how to write a sentence.” She grinned.

“Great! How about a lunch treat for that?”

Kim smiled at Gerald.

“Wow! With ice cream, daddy?”

“Of course! Let’s go!”

After lunch, they went back to Kim’s condo and gather Jessica’s stuffs before heading to the Anderson’s mansion. Mommy Vangie was very happy to finally meet her apo, they were bonded instantly. Kim and Gerald has to leave five in the afternoon for their early dinner date.

Gerald collected Kim from her condo at six thirty and went to where they’re having dinner. A secluded place for the both of them has been provided as Gerald’s request. While sipping her wine, Gerald can’t take his eyes off her.

“Will you stop staring at me like that!”

Gerald smiled. “You are so beautiful!”

Kim blushed. “Ge…”

Gerald stood up, he motioned someone to play the music. “Kim, can we dance, please?”

Kim frowned but took his hand and smiled. A slow music played, the romantic ambiance of the place carried them away while dancing.

He doesn’t want to stop, at the second song, he started talking in a whispering manner unto her right ear. “Kim, I love you so much. I can’t think of losing you ever!”

Kim gasped. “Ge…”

“I understand, it is not to pressure you, I just wanted to tell you, let you know that I love you.”

Kim broke away from the very close contact; they stopped dancing and were left standing, her hands rested on his shoulders, his hands around her waist.

Gerald looked into her eyes, waited for her to talk.

“Ge, I appreciate all the things that you do to me, especially to Jessica. She will be very depressed is she loses you.”

“I will not leave her, I will not leave you!”

“Good! Because the only doomsday I know is when you’re going to leave me.”

Gerald hugged her.

“Ge, I love you too!”

Gerald cannot contain his happiness. He hugged her so tight.

“Kim, ano nga ulit yun?”

Kim laughed. “You heard it!”

“Sige na, ulitin mo naman. Ang sarap kasing pakinggan.” He cannot hide his smile.

She looked into his eyes. “I love you! I love you!” she held his face with her both hands. “I love you, Ge!”

“Does this means that you’re really mine? Tayo na?”

“Anong mine? Girlfriend mo pa lang po ako, hindi asawa.”

“Ang sarap pakinggan! Girlfriend!” he hugged her again.

Kim giggled.

“Kim, dun din naman tayo mapupunta diba? hinding hindi na kita pakakawalan pa.”

He slowly neared his face to hers, until his lips touched hers. She welcomed him inside . They kissed passionately.

 

It was already eleven in the evening when they reached her condo and was cuddling on the sofa .

“Sige na, uwi na at gabi na!” she tried pushing him.

Gerald frowned. “Uwi? Bakit ako uuwi e mag-isa mo dito ngayong gabi?”

Kim giggled. “Ge, okay lang ako dito mag-isa.”

“Pero ako, hindi okay sa akin na mag-isa ka lang dito!”

“So what are you suggesting?”

“E di sasamahan kita, dito muna ako matutulog.”

She frowned. “Hoy! Mister! Hindi porket sinagot na kita…” she was cut by Gerald.

“Honey, good boy ako.” He smiled naughtily.

“Hay naku, wala akong tiwala sa mga ngiting yan.”

He got her back on his lap and hugged her. “Pumayag ka na.” he pouted.

Kim laughed. “Sige na nga. Pasalamat ka…”

“Mahal  mo ako?”

“Hindi!”

“Ano? Hindi mo ako mahal?”

“Mahal!”

“Nagdududa na ako. Kelangan mong patunayan!”

“Style mo!”

Gerald laughed and still, doesn’t want to let her go.

It’s already ten past one in the morning when they finally settled on bed, hugging each other, whispering sweet nothings unto each other’s ear when Kim felt a hard thing poking on her hips. She her lips. Gerald finds that arousing. They cannot hide and deny the desire for each other, evident in their eyes.

 

That night, they have made love the first time, shared the unforgettable bliss of their relationship that has only started.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Merry Christmas! :)