Chapter 2

Tears of a Lover

Few months had already passed since the day of Jongup’s silent confession. Daehyun did not talk about it after that day and so as Jongup himself. They both buried it under the ground and made an unpublished rule of not to talk about it again. Daehyun understands why Jongup continued to live and smile, he had already braced his self days before that confession, he already knows that Yongguk will never return his feelings, what can he even expect from a straight guy, Jongup just did that confession to have a formal closure for his feelings, and finally he had already attained it.

Jongup groggily kicked the sheets out of his body and bed and tapped the alarm. After that sound had finally stopped, Jongup yawned and started stretching his body. As soon as he stood out of the bed, he started stretching his legs, arms, sides and also his hands. It’s a new day for him, he tapped his cheeks and started moving them in a circular motion, massaging it.

After doing his daily routines, he went towards the kitchen only to see Daehyun slowly setting the tables and the utensils on it, a bright smile on his face while wearing an apron. Jongup rubbed his eyes to make his sigh a bit clearer before sitting at a chair near him. Daehyun did the same after positioning everything within reach. “Good morning hyung …” The younger one started.

“You okay?” Daehyun asked before folding the dark green apron into half and places it on the surface near him. Jongup started to take some eggs and bacons from the large plate to his own plate before looking at Daehyun. “Yeah, a bit, I’m good.” He smiled while Daehyun just nodded in return.

 “Good, well I just want to say that I … finally had a job and I’ll start today!” Daehyun’s sudden surprise made Jongup choke with a bacon sticking out of his mouth. He coughed and coughed until Daehyun gave him a glass of water. Jongup swallowed the piece of bacon first before finally drinking the glass till all the liquid is already inside his stomach.

“R-really?!!” Jongup smiled, his eyes opened widely before running towards his hyung’s side to give him a brotherly hug.” Yah!! Hyung this is really great! Omo, congrats hyung!!” Jongup beamed as he jump up and down while his hands are around Daehyun. Daehyun’s eyes widened at the sudden contact and started stiffening. “I know I know, Stop choking m-me!” Daehyun pushed Jongup’s face, with his palm, away before ironing his clothes with his hands. “Aissh, you’re mean, but its okay since finally you have a job after a 1 month of not having one!” Daehyun finally shoved the kid away from him and unfortunately that kid hit his back on the countertop.

Daehyun panicked when Jongup started cringing in pain. Jongup held his back and started to stand up with the help of Daehyun. “A-are you okay? I don’t mean to do that, I-I’m sorry!!” Daehyun apologized, a very worried expression on his face.

Daehyun started checking Jongup’s back. He started lifting his shirt and there he saw a red mark on it. Daehyun panicked and was about to leave to get some medicine but then Jongup held his hand and smiled. “Hyung, it doesn’t really hurt that bad, it’s just a mark, there’s no blood spilling out of it!” He smiled before pulling Daehyun back to his seat and also to his own one.

Daehyun did not believed what Jongup said, he looked at him with concern still in his eyes. Jongup had already started eating but Daehyun did not, all he did was to look at Jongup. The younger one noticed it and smiled, “Hyung I’m really okay, eat now you still have work today right?” He grinned before pushing the large plate of goods towards Daehyun. The older one took it but his eyes are still focused in Jongup’s munching cheeks. “If … you say so.” Daehyun weakly muttered before placing some bacon and eggs on his plate.

After a few minutes of meal, Jongup stood up and quickly collected the plates before heading towards the sink. “I’ll do it since Hyung have to prepare for his work right?” Jongup grinned before turning the faucet on. “But .. your back?” Daehyun slowly dragged his feet towards him, his hand reaching out for the younger’s hand, but he stopped in midair, just a few inch away from its target, when Jongup talked. “I’m really okay hyung, I’m not a kid anymore.”

That’s true, Jongup was not a kid anymore, he should stop caring more for the kid … or guy, but Daehyun himself couldn’t help it, after taking the kid in after his father kicked him out because of his uality, he had cared for him like an older brother cares for his little one. Daehyun’s hand clenched and slowly retreated to his side, with only a sigh he left the scene and went to his room.

After successfully forcing Daehyun to prepare for his work, Jongup placed both his hands on the edge of the sink and started wincing in pain, the force from the contact between his back and the countertop hurts too much. He tried to calm himself down and started doing the dishes.

Jongup felt a tear escaped his eyes. He quickly used his hands to make a temporary container and filled it with water and with that he washed his face.

Minutes had passed, Jongup had already finished the dishes and was making himself comfortable on the couch when Daehyun walked out of his room, with a decent suit and a suitcase. “Oh Hyung you look good in suit!” Jongup grinned before raising two of his thumbs up. Daehyun smiled weakly before nodding. “Are you really okay?” He asked once again but Jongup only smiled.

Without anything to talk about anymore and his time slowly running out, Daehyun bid good bye and walked away. Jongup stared at the door slowly closing. Jongup looked around and just noticed how big the apartment is when Daehyun was out, will his day be always like this every day? Jongup heaved a deep sigh before a light bulb lighted inside his mind.

He quickly went towards the refrigerator and there he saw what he was looking for. “Himchan hyung, Job.” He grinned before punching the correct numbers on his phone.

“Hello Himchan hyung?”

“Jongup!” a high pitched squeal was heard at the other side of the phone. Jongup held the phone away but the scream still reached his ears which only added the pain he already has.

“Hyung is that job still open? You know the barista one?” Jongup asked before he took steps towards the couch again, flopping himself down. Unfortunately he forgot about the pain on his back, and the force made him wince and wriggle like a worm.

“Yes it’s still open~ why are you going to take it?” Himchan asked, doubt was audible on his voice.

“Yes hyung, I’ll take it! I’m going to meet you today, so … can I apply for that?” he cautiously asked before smiling after hearing the response from Himchan.

“OF COURSE YOU CAN HAVE IT!”

“Thanks hyung! Bye I’m going to change and head there as quickly as I can!” And with that Jongup cut the call and trudged towards his room.

---- On the other hand, in Himchan’s shop. ----

“Ahh finally!” He grinned before tucking his phone back to his pockets. He turned to the newly accepted barista and pointed at him. “YOU! You’re now fired and go!” He smiled devilishly. “Ehh but s-sir you just accepted me yesterday!?” The barista retorted which only ticked Himchan off. He took the young man by the sleeves and tugged him towards the doors. “You leave someone had already took that position before I even accepted you, it’s my fault so yea go now.” He took a brown envelop from his pocket and gave it to him. “Here is your last payment, it’s for a whole month salary, I’m giving it to you even if you just started yesterday.” He opened the door. “No more questions?” “well I -----“ “Okay, GO!” He pushed the male out and closed the door. He clapped his hands together to get the attention of the other workers. “Okay back to work!”

 






After 123124124124 days or whatever i finally updated this XD

sorry for the late update readers~!!!

hope you like this~ bye!!