Chapter 8

Tears of a Lover

Jongup found himself staring at a text in his phone. The sun’s ray had already penetrated every shadowy area of the city, glasses from the houses glimmered as it was being hit by it. The birds from the trees stretched their wings and basked under the nutrients of the sun before flying off of the branches to get something to eat. Half of his body was already on the floor while his pelvis was on the side of bed then his legs were hooked at the end of the bed to the underneath of his blanket.

Jongup was grinning as his face was brightened by the light coming from the phone. Even though his head was hurting from the fall, he was reading a message, a message that he had been waiting for about a week already. He couldn’t believe what that messaged had affected him; it made his day quite special and brighter than usual.

Hello Kid, Good morning~

The text stated. There are no extra characters and his point was as clear as the sun outside his windows. Jongup grinned and quickly clicked the reply button as fast as he can. His phone loaded for a bit, it was just seconds but Jongup huffed out of frustration when those mere seconds became minutes inside his mind.  A small laugh escaped his lips when he pushed the letters to make a sentence “I’m fine, Good morning to you too! (^_^)”, before pressing send.

His body flopped back to the comfort of his bed, body sinking on its softness, his mind slowly drifting back to dream land since he felt his worries disappear like smoke inside of him.

He was about to fall asleep if only not for the loud cough that awoken him for the second time. He opened his eyes and saw a rather grumpy silhouette of a man standing just beside his bed, hair messy, upper body unclothed and only a boxer covering his other parts below his waist. His hands were placed his sides which only gave him this certain stern aura that parents have.

“Ohh … Daehyun hyung!” Jongup chirped quite too happily than he expected it to be. He quickly sat up, placed his phone down and smiled brightly. “Good morning!” He shouted before jumping up out of the bed.

“You’re supposed to wake me up right?” Daehyun mumbled underneath his hand which covered his mouth. “Normally I meant, and not by producing a loud thump in your room as if something hard fell.”

Jongup just smiled and waved away. “Sorry hyung, but at least I still woke you up right?” He grinned before taking Daehyun’s shoulders and pushed him around before placing both of his hands on his back to push him out of the room. “Now now Daehyun hyung, we should get ready for our works, our bosses don’t like workers that are tardy.” A laugh escaped once again from his lips.

“Why are you laughing so much right now? And the fact that you’re laughing when it’s too early for your daily laughter bugs me.” Daehyun stopped on the doorway, hand pressed on the side and turned his half-ly body around to face the younger. “Tell me what happened, did you just had an amazing wet dream?” Daehyun smirked before cocking his eye brow.

“HYUNG, No I didn’t okay!? Stop thinking naughty things!” Jongup said before pushing him out of the room and slamming the door quite louder than he intended it to be, but he just shrugged it and shook his head. He looked down and mumbled. “It is clear that I didn’t have any wet dreams, because my boxers are still dry.” He whispered before collecting his things for a bath.

 

 

When he thought that finally Yongguk had the time to at least text him successively but that didn’t come true which left Jongup looking at his phone more than necessary. He had gained a habit of looking at his phone like for like every 10 seconds for that text, even though it was set into vibrate he still kept on looking at it as if there’s a message that were received without a vibration alert.

Even though using cellphone in work was strictly prohibited, Jongup had always found himself unlocking his locker just to look at his phone, he always did this and eventually just sneaked the phone in his pockets and continued working with his phone just inside his pockets. He knew that Himchan would really scold him if he found out about this but waiting for Yongguk’s message just made him so antsy.

The bell rung once again signalling that there’s a customer. His hand quickly dived inside his pocket and hid the phone before looking up. “Good morning s—“ His eyes blinked twice, the brightness from the outside was making a silhouette out of the face of the man, he squinted trying to make a clearer picture of it.

“Suho-ssi?” He murmured, a little bit unsure.

The man walked forward with a smile on his face. “Jongup, it’s me.” He said.

“Ahh Good morning Suho-ssi, are you looking for Himchan hyung? He’s in his office.” He said before pointing his thumb at his back. The older male looked above his shoulder and nodded before patting him and started walking towards Himchan’s office.

Suho was a great boyfriend, thought Jongup as his eyes followed the guy who was dressed professionally. He was the type of boyfriend that everyone likes. A man with great stature, someone who doesn’t break his promises over small things, a guy that can handle his temper well and also a guy that can handle Himchan’s sassiness. Jongup had wished that Yongguk would be like that as well, but seeing how they really are, Jongup had started doubting about this whole relationship thing.

Maybe just forgetting the whole thing, just giving up the whole thing will at least lessen the hurt inside his heart, but what if Yongguk was just really busy? Jongup was in a tug of war with his mind in these topics that the day just passed by quickly and it was already the time to close the whole shop.

The chairs were already flipped around courtesy by Jongup himself, the glasses shimmered in cleanliness as well as the floor which had became spotless because of the mop and the floor waxed he used. The smell was still there but it will surely disappear tomorrow. Himchan, for some reason, left the vicinity earlier leaving only him and Suho inside the building.

The younger male took a chair sat on it and stared at nothingness. Everything was still, he still doesn’t want to go home so he just sat there waiting for the right time to go home. A hand was placed on his shoulder which made him look at it, he trailed the owner of it by using his eyes and there he saw Suho standing behind him.

“Oh .. Suho-ssi.” He whispered. It was soft and tired, exhaustion from thinking too much and also because of his work completely tiring him out. His eyes went from Suho’s concerned face back to the floor in front of him, it was empty just like him.

“is there something wrong Jongup?” He asked before taking a chair from the table and sat just in front of him.

“oh .. uh no, it’s just …” Jongup looked at his phone, it’s still pitched black, there’s no sign of any new message from it. A sigh was let out by him, his fingers crossed the black screen before putting it back inside his pockets. He raised his head, eyes met with Suho before a smile slowly formed on his lips. “I just miss him.”

 

 

 

“Hey Yongguk! Your phone keeps on beeping!” Yongnam shouted across the room. Yongguk suddenly jerked up from his lying position, book falling from his grasp and eventually closed when it met the floor. Yongguk’s eyes were drowsy, a yawn escaped from its dry lips. “Oh sorry.” He murmured before sleepily tapping the small table beside the sofa he was sleeping on. When his hand came in contact with a small solid object, he took it and slid the lock away and saw a text from Jongup.

“Oh it’s the kid.” He murmured before slowly pushing himself up in a sitting position.

“Kid?” The older brother asked before seating beside him with his arm automatically slinging on the younger’s shoulder.

The sudden action caused Yongguk to quickly hide the phone back to his pockets after locking it in one push of a button. Yongnam was curious because of these actions but he didn’t question him anymore and just shrugged before placing both his feet on the small table. “Well anyways,” he said before standing up. “we’re having a group outing two days from now, it’s to celebrate our win from before, you definitely have to go okay!?” He said which ended with a smirk from him.

“Of course!” He said completely forgetting about the text that he got from someone.

 

 

After hearing his story, Suho smiled sympathetically towards the crouched guy in front of him. His hand went through Jongup’s hair, soothing the frowning man. It was his first time to see how down the man was, when he first met Jongup he had this image of a very cheerful guy, a guy who doesn’t have any problem, and things like that.

“I just … don’t know what to do … I’m so new in this kind of stuff and it scares me.” Jongup whispered beneath saddened breath and teary eyes.

“Being scared only means that you like him.” Suho suddenly said, his lips twitched into a smile trying to brighten the whole atmosphere. “Himchan and I were like that too when we were still in the early stage of our relationship. We’re both indecisive about each other. But sooner and later, well things just fell to its right place.”

The cold night had seeped through Jongup’s thick clothes. The lights that should light the sidewalk were flickering. His hand reached for his phone once again and saw nothing but his digital clock in bright neon green stating the time.

You should give him time to fix his own feelings first. Don’t expect too much from him, he’s straight before you kissed him so I’m quite sure that he’s still not that accustomed with his new found feelings.

Suho’s words rung inside his head. Time, that’s what he said that Yongguk needed right now. Yongguk was straight before he kissed him, that’s what he said. Yongguk was still not used to feeling this kind of affection towards males, was what he said. Because of this Jongup wondered if Yongguk’s decision decides everything.

It was all about Yongguk. No one even asked what he felt.

Was it his fault to fell into a guy like him? Does he doesn’t need something as well? Of course he needs something too. The warmth of someone assuring safety to him, the one that came from someone that brightens his day with just one text. He wants to feel that certain importance as well but seeing how things are, he asked himself to stop expecting more from Yongguk.

“Hey, watch where you’re walking.” A voice appeared in front of him. Jongup raised his eyes and saw that familiar smile.

“….”

“Are you okay?”

For some reason Jongup smiled, at last someone had asked what he felt.

“I’m okay Daehyun hyung …” he whispered before slowly walking closer to him.

“You’re really late and well I thought of going to your workplace to fetch you, but I guess I was a bit late.” Daehyun said, head slightly tilted down, hand scratched the side of his head with his right foot tapping behind his other foot.

“No hyung, as a matter of fact, you came in the right time.” He whispered before smiling at him shortly before walking again. “Let’s go home hyung.”

Thanks hyung for always always appearing at the times when I needed you the most.