Chapter 1 : Don't Smile Babo

Tears of a Lover

 

Jongup went inside the house, lips curled into a smile, eyes glistening in a make believe happiness. “Hyung I’m home~” He shouted across the doorway. He closed the door behind him and walked a few steps before a man with hair painted in bright blonde approached him.

“Jongup-ah finally you’re here!” he ruffled the younger’s hair before smiling. “How’s the performance?” he asked.

After entering the house, the blonde one and Jongup went directly to the kitchen. Daehyun served him the foods that he cooked earlier, knowing how stubborn the kid when it comes to eating outside, and knowing that the younger one has a big appetite, the blonde one cooked tons of food just for him.

Jongup was currently eating while he asked that, Jongup placed the bowl down before smiling. His arms went up and spread it widely. “Hyung it was awesome!” He chirped and beamed in happiness. “Really?” A tint of doubt was present on his hyung’s voice/

“Neh!” The other one shouted again. “The rappers were awesome, and so as the crowd they were all so wild!” He laughed while holding his stomach. He patted his chest because a food somehow stuck in his throat. Daehyun quickly gave him a glass of water, he took it and drank most of it.

“Aissh, eat first before talking!” He grumbled, Jongup slightly nodded, finally calming down he continued rambling about the fiery crowd and experience he got, but all of it was put into a halt when Daehyun stopped him.

“So …” He started. He shifted from his own chair towards the chair beside Jongup. “How’s your confession with him?” He asked.

Everything stopped, Jongup’s unbeatable laughter, his smiles, his gestures, his movements and maybe just maybe, also his heart beat and breathing, his proud chest deflated, shoulders so broad shrunk. Daehyun’s face fell also, it hurts him to see his friend like this.

“I was rejected hyung.” Jongup answered with a weak smile on his face, keeping his tears inside his small crescent eyes.

Upon hearing his answer, Daehyun quickly took his hand and pulled him towards his own chest ending it with a huge hug around him. “Don’t smile if you’re hurting inside … babo.” He whispered to the younger’s ears.

His words, his warmth, and his comfort everything about him made Jongup relaxed and so his tears fell directly to the ground. Jongup’s hands slowly wrapped around his hyung’s small body, his face pushing against his chest, with the sounds of his tears resonating around the house leaving nothing but howls of a heart who is broken by an indirect rejection.

 




An introductory chapter for the fanfic ...

Thanks for still supporting me despite my countless failures for the other fanfics ^^;

Credits for the picture : DaeJong Fanart