Dead Of The Night

A "Perfect" Fairytale

***

Location-unknown. Time-unknown.

She was drifting in the state of half-conscious.Mobility has become a defected skill, her body felt like it was weighted down by tons of lead. She tried to move regardless, but every tiny movement incites unbearable pain, she gasped and choked for air, but even that tiny gesture brought excruciating ache to her rib. Her head spins, a whimper escapes her cracked lip as she let hopelessness consumed her.

Through her clouded vision, she made out a dark shadow casting over the moon-lit ground. She tried to tilt her head to get a closer look as she felt it approaching. But the headache heightens, and she let darkness takes over.

***

He sat alone in his study, with a half-empty bottle of Scotch and the moon for company. He saw his dishevel reflection in the steel surface of the table, bangs fallen in to his eyes and his shirt half ed, his eyes have a crazed glint to it. He slammed the bottle of Scotch on his reflection on the table. It burst, and tiny shards of glass sprayed all over. Some fragments jagged and marred his beautiful bare skin, but he didn’t care.

 It has been 24 hours since she went missing. It was agonizing. 

The moment when the short hand of his Armani watch hit 5 and she has not showed up at their usual meeting spot to ride home, he has sensed something was off.

He felt voided. The mansion was too empty, too vast, its silence mocking his agonizing state of mind. He craves her. Her scent, her voice, her laughter, her essence.

He had no idea how vital she was to him. Her existence was like a drug, it dulled every other pain. He relied on it, to feel a sense of normality, of happiness, of sanity.

And now, she was gone, the basic of his existence, and just like that he felt his world shaking, an impending collapse.

“Dong,” the grandfather clock in the hallway struck midnight. Gone were the last day, and the last grain of his sanity.

***

A/N: Ok guys, hello, it has been a long time.

Well, summer is almost over. And I remember my mindset in the beginning of the summer was to finish this story, but I simply hasn’t…done it. Sorry T.T

But here I am, ready (hoping) to abide by my promise to my dear readers =)

So this chapter, I decided to not use names. Why ruin it right?

Let see if you guys can figure out which one is which, it'll be so much more exciting and mysterious that way =)

*wink wink ;)

So remember that amazing KICK- fight scene i promised you? It's still there, all wrapped with a bow on top. But it'll be a present I'll give at another time. Right now, we need to jump ahead to get the plot moving =)

Alrighty, see you next time =)