Escape

A "Perfect" Fairytale

“What am I doing?” he asked himself as he looked over at the girl sitting in the uber next to him. He has no idea what caused him to do what he did, and he would be in so much trouble if he were to get caught. But when he saw her pleading eyes, he couldn’t say no. Also, it was thrilling to do what they did.

“Ya!” he called to her, peering over the back window as the hospital disappeared behind their back, “where do you want to go now?”

She looked at him, a little bit startled, beautiful, and bewildered brown eyes landed on his as she said, “I don’t know… I probably need a place to stay for a night or two as I figure it out.”

This girl is a mystery to him. How did she end up there that night? She didn’t give him the vibe of a girl who would be going out to those places. She looked innocent with porcelain skin and large, brown eyes. But when you look into them, you can see a hidden glimmer of fierce and…secret?

He was intrigued, and maybe curiosity was part of why he decided to help her. Ji Young always love adventure and a challenge. As a kid, he always marched to the beat of his drum. Now? He has even less reason to fear anything.

He has seen her twice now, once dressed in that cute maid outfit at the auction. And the night when he saved her...thinking about it sends a shiver down his spine and makes him clench his fist. Fate must mean something at this point. If he wasn’t there at the right time, who knows what could happen to her.

“I have a place where you can stay for a few days to figure things out.” As he directed the driver to a new address, he said, “But first, I have a few questions for you.” He looked straight at her when he said this.

--

“What am I doing?” she asked herself. She can’t believe that she has gotten into the car with Kwon Ji Young. Her head was pounding; she was sure she still had a concussion. Her body aches, and she feels her limbs are still heavy and bruised. The past few days were a blur. She didn’t know how long she had slept. She woke up to white, blinding lights in the hospital, with Kwon Ji Young by her side.

“What do you want to know?” she asked him, snappy. She doesn’t want to be questioned right now.

His eyes widened at her defiant attitude, and he chuckled, “Relax…I want to know who it is that I just helped. How did a girl like you end up like this?”

She closed her eyes, leaned her head back on the head rest. She can’t remember much about the night which she went out with her best friend. Thinking about it right now sends her head pounding, she has a bad feeling about it all.

“I don’t remember everything, “she said, “All I can remember right now was that I went out with my best friend. We got lost in the crowd. Everything became hazy after. I remember there was someone following me…”

There was silence after her statement. They both were thinking about the unthinkable. She felt shivers running down her spine thinking about what could have happened if he didn’t find her.

“Well, I’m glad that I was at the right place at the right time” Ji Young said softly then continued, “Just curious…Why didn’t you want to contact your family?”

She looked at him, straight into his eyes and said shortly, “I don’t have any. They are dead”

--

The rest of the car ride was pretty much silent. Dara was falling in and out of sleep and Ji Young let her.

“Wake up”

She heard him calling her, and soon she can feel light shining on her. Still groggy, she opened her eyes, which immediately widened in shock from what she’s seeing.

A mansion hidden in the hills, stretching for what seems like miles.

She has grown up around wealth, the Choi was one of the most affluent families that she knows of. But even that did not prepare her for the extravagance she is seeing.

“Where are we?” she asked, looking around in shock.

“Oh… I thought you said you need a place to stay,” Ji Young said, flashing her a smile, “So I brought you to my family home.”

 

--

Hello all =)

First off, I don’t know if anyone is still reading this. But if you are, I just want to say thank you. It has been almost 10 years since I last updated… But Big Bang making a comeback has brought a lot of nostalgia. I miss Big Bang and 2ne1 so much. So, I came back here, and I am determined to finish this story. In a way, it’s a homage to my favorite band, and my childhood.