Just A Typical Day

A "Perfect" Fairytale


Just a Typical Day.

The wheels roll over the familiar gravel driveway and the grandeur sight of her school emerge. Yang Goon High: a fancy, neoclassic complex stretching two miles square that includes a tennis court, a golf court, a fully equipped stadium ready for any sporting event, and an Olympic-size pool. It was the school where the wealthy blue-blood of Korea send their offsprings.

A place where she feels just as isolated as she was in the mansion she called home.

Stepping out of the car, Dara quickly put on her glasses and stuff her hair underneath a hat. Dara sighed sadly upon seeing her reflection in the car’s window…the girl looking back wasn’t her. Her gorgeous, bright eyes were hidden under the thick frames of the glass, which was unprortionally huge on her tiny face. Her luscious hair was nowhere to be seen, concealed underneath the large hat, (which stepmother has insisted to the school that Dara must wear). After all, it was her idea to make Dara wear disguises at school. A blatant act of jealousy from her part. Dara knows deep down, she secretly fears Dara would draw attention to herself (which means making friend or meeting any decent guy who likes her).  Dara has no option but to comply.

The hideous disguise was like her stepmother, trapping her underneath and hiding her potential. Dara feels suffocated under its pretense.

Suddenly, Dara snapped out her thinking reverie when she felt eyes watching her. Looking to the right, she realized that Seunghyun was still there, standing still and gazing straight ahead.

“He was still here all this time?”, Dara puzzled in her thought but managed to speak, “ Ahh… Seunghyun-ah. Have a good day today at school .”

Seunghyun just walked off without a word.

Dara stared off at her stepbrother’s retreating back and sighs, “After all this time…he still hates me.

 

***

The school’s hallway was bustling with elite, well-dressed students. These students were elite because besides being well-off financially, many of them possess artistic talents. And that was the case of Dara’s best friend, Park Bom.

“Dara!”, Bom shouted as she ran to Dara, greeting her with a crushing hug.

“Hey Bommie”, Dara smiled at her best friend. Dara loves Bom, she was so cute, and strange, but cute. She was like a baby bunny, innocent and adorable.

(A/N: BOM BUNNY . remember?<3)

With wide, childlike eyes, delicate features and long tresses of black curls for hair, Bom possesses an innocent beauty and an equally pure voice that allows her to become the pretisgious main vocal for the school’s choir and orcherstra. She was sought after by many producers already, but she have turned them all down so far with the excuse that she doesn’t have a definite goal for the future yet. Blessed with beauty and talent, Bom could have been easily part of the “In” crowd. But she was strange and couldn’t care less about what other people think. In the end,  Bom decided to stick with her first and true friend-Dara, the only one patiently helped her when she first moved from America in middle school. Eventually, the student body shunned her too, so Bom and Dara became each other’s only and closest friends. They treat each other like sisters.

AHHH!!! TOP  OPPA!!! DAESUNG OPPA!!! YOUNGBAE OPPA!!!!

“And here comes the fan club” Dara muttered with an irritate sigh.

Striding down the hall like it’s their personal red-carpet in all their “heavenly glory” was the infamous triplet of the school: Kang Daesung, Dong Youngbae, and their leader Choi Seunghyun.

They were the “F4” of Yang Goon High, the school’s very own “idol group”. And there they were, greeting their adoring fans with confident smirks. Well, except for Seunghyun, who was just coolly assessing the circumstance with a slightly hesitant and annoyed expression. 

Dara chuckles knowing he hates this kind of crowd, “He looks like a scared little boy.”  But Dara knows better than anyone not to be fool by his seemingly innocent facade and good look. Despite his good looks and charms, he is vile. She still remembers how he was the cause of so much tears and sadness during her childhood days. Seunghyun, the young master of the mansion, was ruthless in bullying her. He hated her presence, which reminded him of his father's infidelity and didn't mind letting her know that.  As they’re growing up, the physical torture has ceased for some unknown reason… but Dara still can’t stop herself from shuddering as she recalls the memory.

 

The parade ended with the ringing bell that made everyone hurried to class.

***

It was lunch time now. People are talking, shouting, laughing…

“Ugh...ing loud morons.”,Seunghyun, who dislike loudness, thought.

Around him, his buddies were chattering about the latest sporting events or some cool electronic gadgets that just came out. He didn’t feel like joining their conversation, it's honestly really boring.

Unconsciously, Seunghyun’s bored eyes began to search for someone, wondering  why she's late to lunch. And amazingly enough, even among 2000 something heads, he found her.

There she is... She was quietly eating her lunch by herself. Even with those hideous accessories on, he still found her more beautiful than the rest of the girls here...he doesn't even know why.

 

 “SEUNGHYUN-oppa!”

Ji Eun yelled as she flung herself on to Seunghyun…who became irritated because she was blocking his view by blatantly shoving her chestin his face.

“Oppa! I miss you so much today”, Ji Eun gushed. She was his supposedly friend with benefit of the month. Afterall, he was a 17 years old boy with raging hormone, and it doesn't help to have hordes of girls throwing themselves at him all the time. Yet, deep down he feels...disastified. As if meaningless can't fill the void which he feels inside. 

Seunghyun grunted, trying to move his head to the right and see past her cleavage…other time, he might have been appreciative of the outright provocation Ji Eun threw at him, but not now… HIs intention is focused on Dara as he watches two figures approach her table-Jessica Jung and Mi Young.

Jessica was supposedly Seunghyun’s ‘future fiancé’, his mother declared after she introduce him to the Jung two years ago. Not much was known about them, since old money likes to keep their wealth a secret, but is known fact that they have deep goverment ties and own most real estates in the country. Which was why, it makes perfect sense from a business stand point for his mother to wants him and her to tie the knot. Seunghyun was pretty pissed off at first and tried everything to get out of the marriage.Unlike his mother, he has no thought of chaining himself to a loveless marriage for the rest of his life. After a while, he didn’t protest as much. He figured he's just going to go oversea for college and never come back.  Also throughout this, Jessica was silent. He doesn't know how she really feels, nor he cares. He does appreciate thar she allows him do whatever he wants. Although it's a well-known secret throughout the school that they are engaged, she doesn't interfere with who he dates or has with. But for some reasons, unbeknown to him, she hates Dara.  

After whispering something into Mi Young's ears, Jessica has turned and sat down at her table. Seunghyun noticed there was something different with the way Mi Young approached Dara. Seunghyun didn’t hate Mi Young, but the fact that she worships Jessica to the point of  the ground she walks on, was…borderline creepy.

 

***

Dara was nibbling on her cold pasta when she felt a shadow looming over her. Looking up, she saw Mi Young, Jessica Jung’s of a friend looking down at her.

 “What do you want?”, Dara said cautiously. She knows that Mi Young is not simply here to obeserve her playing around with her food... Most of Jessica’s friends hated her. For some unknow reason,they always outrightly humiliate or bully her in every possible way. It was another reason why people don’t approach her, they were scared of Jessica’s friends.

“Nothing,” Mi Young drawls, “ Just want to see…how a loser would eat.”

Mi Young must have thought she was clever, but her ‘burn’ came out really stupid. So Dara laughed.

“What the hell ?”, Mi Young snapped, displeased and surprised by Dara’s response, “ Why the you’re laughing? Must be cuz you’re retarded.”

You’re calling me retarded? Sound like you need to take a look in the mirror”, Dara mocked. The crowd has grew silent, breathlessly awaiting for what to come next.

 Behind Mi Young, Dara noticed Jessica went to her table and sat down with her arms cross, emotionless and not interfering. She wonders if Jessica puts her up to this. She has to.

 “You stupid loser! Are you mocking me?”, Mi Young squeaked.

Am I?” Dara answered, amuse. Noticing she has drawn herself a crowd- which she wasn’t suppose to  do according to stepmother- Dara took her tray, bent down to retrieve her backpack, and was about to leave. Suddenly, she felt something saucy, sticky and slimy poured over her head. Dara looks up, and see Mi Young, holding a now empty tray, smirking triumphantly, “Oopsie.”

has the nerve….

Dara’s fist clenched, she could hear scatter of giggles around her. She REALLY wanted to punched the smug off Mi Young’s face… but is it worth it? If she gets in trouble, she’s gonna get a hell of a beating at home.

“That outfit was horrendous, you look much better now”, Mi Young said what she thought was a clever joke. The crowd laughed.

“Mi Young. Stop. That’s enough”, Jessica has finally spoken. And like an obedient golden retriever, Mi Young , with a huge smirk plastered across her face, goes to the table and sat down next to her master Jessica.

Dara, with her head down, runs out of the cafeteria with Mi Young’s shrill laugh echoing behind her back.

She feels hot tears running down her cheek as anger and shame washes over her. She hates herself for having to put up with like this. But she has no choice…

***

Seunghyun was frozen, he stare on to the unfolding drama with shock. He didn’t expect Mi Young to do something so rash, but he forgot…she was really stupid.

Guilt hit him hard, like a tidal wave when he sat there and watched MI Young poured spaghetti all over Dara,  he felt like he should have stopped it, he knows he could have stopped it. But he didn’t…

He wanted to murder Mi Young right now. That insolent . If he hasn’t hated her before, now he does.

But he also wanted to kill Dara for wearing that white shirt, which pretty much turned see-through after being drenched in sauce. , there was like thousands of teenage boys in the cafeteria that must have been pretty happy for getting a free show….

“Ouch”, Ji Eun yelled when Seunghyun pushed her off him, “What the hell?”

Seunghyun huffed and silently strides out of the cafeteria.

***

 

Uhmkay…Dara looks at herself in the mirror, How am I gonna clean myself up?

Her hat and white shirt was stained by blotches of tomato sauces, and so was part of her pant.

Well, at least she could take off the ugly hat. 

Dara used the sink to washed her hair and face. But she accidentally squirted water all over her shirt

Great.

Now it was completely transparent, and Dara has no clothes to change. Bom was still in her choir practice, so she couldn’t ask her for clothes. Dara’s gym locker was on the other side of the building, and right now it’s lunch, so… hopefully she could run there without anybody seeing her.

Taking a deep breath as she stood by the door, Dara was ready to run…Ok, in 1, 2, 3!

Eyes shutted tight, Dara dashed with all her speed.

BAM!

The collision knocked Dara off her feet, Dara was too humiliated to open her eyes and see who it is.Hearing a groan, Dara peeked from under her lashes and her eyes widen in shock when she realize it was Seunghyun.

“Seunghyun…what are you doing here?”, Dara said sheepishly, a little bit surprised, her arms insticntive rose to cover her chest.

He took one look at her appearance, and look away, his cheeks tinted red after.

 “Here”, Seunghyun said in his barely heard low voice, he then threw something on top of Dara that covered her head.

Momentarily blinded, Dara stumbled before taking the thing down to see what it is…it was his gym sweatshirt.  She was about to thanks him, but he has already walked away.

Before gratitude could be felt, sadness rose and she felt a lump in . Seunghyun was probably embarassed of her for being so shabby-looking.

How shamefulit is  to be related to the biggest loser in the school.

While putting her arms in to the sleeves of the huge sweatshirt, Dara can’t help but let the hot tears fall. Whether it's from relief or shame, she isn't sure.

***

It was around 5 o’clock in the afternoon, the setting sun was casting a red glow over the city. Inside the car, both Seunghyun and Dara were silent as they waited for the traffic to lightened. Dara was exhausted, it has been a long day. Knowing she’s probably not going to get rest when she gets back to the mansion, her stepmom is definitely going to put her to work...

Dara just wanted to close her eyes and rest...Drifting off to a better place, up in the  white clouds in the glowing orange sky…far away from here...just for a little bit.

 

“Ya! Get your head off me…”, Seunghyun nudged Dara’s head, which has fallen on to his lap.

How does this girl…who feared him like a lamb fearing a lion, always end up falling on him when she fell asleep.

Deep down, he wasn’t exactly complaining.

 Seunghyun’s eyes watched her peaceful visage as she snores softly, his legs feel the slow, rhymtic rises and falls of her chest. He noticed her eyelashes were wet and realized that she must have been crying. Guilt-ridden, Seunghyun tenderly traced the dried tear tracks running down the side of her soft cheek with his forefinger. But his movement abruptly stopped when he felt her stir.

 “Choi Seung Hyun…what the are you doing?”, he thought, feeling like he was in a lame scene of a romantic movie…But that was just it, he was just like a love struck idiot from a romantic movie.

Oh yeah, if you still haven’t clue in. Well, here’s it is: He, Choi Seung Hyun, is in love with his step sister.

 

Stupid girl.

Did she know when her body was drenched in sauce, her shirt was see-through and every guy in the school was there?

God… how could she be so… dense?

 Stupid girl, with her stupid innocent doe eyes…and the way her sultry lips parted when she was surprised.

Stupid girl that’s always on my mind.

Despite his scorn, Seunghyun was actually happy.

He, contrary to her belief, can’t look back at her earlier because his cheeks were flamed with embarrassment.

He, actually, feels satisfied because he was able to save her, somewhat.

It took all his restraint earlier to walk away from ripping his mother off her and wrapped the girl in his arms, so that she could stay safely in there, away from all harms.

It took him all his restraint earlier, from stepping up and slapped that in the face for insulting her.

It took all his restraint and patience, as he stood there, awkwardly, outside the girl’s restroom waiting for her to come out to give her his sweatshirt.

He, also would not admit, but the thoughts of her small body in his clothes was kind of…well, it turns him on.

He, for once, felt a twinge of happiness-a factor which his life was constantly voided off.

Why? How could a mere girl like her affect him so much?

He hated her, he loathed her when they first met 10 years ago. But as time passed, his hatred has turned in to…something else.

 Something changed in his dead heart…and  eventually, every smile, every movement of her hair became ingrained in to his memory.

Some calls it love. He calls it an obsession.

He was obsessed with his stepsister.God damn.

 

 

Words Count: 2956.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: First of all, I tried to edit and repost this chapter. I wrote it when I was too sleepy, and it sounded kinda awkard....

 

But...

I think you guys didn’t expect this =)

Heheh, well surprise !

The only one who caught my hint last chapter was Tabisan4eva-

My answer to your question is that “She saw a glint of pain in his eyes because he feels guilty for not able to help her. He is in love with her.”

THANK YOU for noticing my subtle hints ^__^

Now I hope you get the feeling to be in Tabi and Dara’s shoes and understand their feelings and complications toward one another. Tabi is cold, but he definitely feels something for Dara.

*I changed Seungri’s name (Lee Seunghyun) to justLee Seungri to avoid confusion with TOP  (Choi Seunghyun) in the story.

* I put POV (Point of View) in bold so you guys can differentiate TOP and Dara’s perspective.

I hope I didn’t do the BIGBANG’s member introduction too shabby, I feel like I rushed T.T

My writing is a little bit all over the place right now, please bear with it…I will try to make it better as time goes.

This is not weird right? Well, hopefully Seunghyun’s feeling toward Dara will be explained in the following chapters.

*LOOK FORWARD TO JIYONG’s entrance in the story*

(not sure if it’s the next chapter or the one after that, but it’s coming)

Next chapter:we will go back more to the past between TOP and Dara, yeah…since I feel like we need to get around their history to move on with the story’s plot.

Thank you for all those who subscribed and comment. If you have any question, just post, I will answer it at the end of each chapter in the A/N section (author’s note).

Hope you enjoyed reading <3