Thorned Rose

A "Perfect" Fairytale

 

A rose has beauty
But they always have their thorns
so they can hook you
-Poem by Hollow-Knight
***

The leaves crunched under the rolling wheels of the black S Class, it was nightfall at the Choi estate.

The car stopped.

Dara was praying, hoping that her “witch-of-a-stepmother” is out getting her nails done or her Botox shots.

 Just please don’t be home.

 Dara really really want to go to sleep and catch up on her Calculus homework, she was never a math person to begin with.

Uh- oh.

All the lights in the house were , and this only happens when the mistress of the house demands when she is home.

Dara mentally cursed.

***

“Why isn’t anything done? God forsake, the auction is tomorrow and nothing is in place!!!!” the woman yelled and throws a list of ‘to-do’ thing at the man, while she herself lounges on the couch.

 

“Put these orders in to execution immediately”, the man muttered to his assistant.

“Have you found the thing I asked of you?”The woman asked, her tone low.

“Yes, I have retrieved it”, Mr. Wang said as he reached in to his -pocket and drew out a necklace, the pink diamond strung on the white-gold chain was reflecting magnificent spectrums of light.

“But milady, why are you so adamant about getting this necklace? I thought you wouldn’t want to have anything to do with that abominable child.” Mr. Wang questioned as he handed to her the necklace.

The woman held on to the string with her index finger, holding it in front of her face to admire its exquisite beauty.

But she wasn’t going to keep it, why should she? With the money from the jewelry empire her husband left behind, she could buy hundred or millions of necklaces far more beautiful than this

Why did she wants it?

Rather, it was instinctive, her desire to cause pain to the person she despites the most in this world, and jealousy that her husband left something of this intimate value to that person, but not his wife.

 “Just mark it as an item for tomorrow’s auction”, she decided at last.

But at that moment when she handed the necklace to Mr.Wang, she wasn’t aware that her son and stepdaughter, hiding behind the flight of stairs, have heard everything

Dara’s POV-

She ran to her room and threw the door wide open, her eyes were wide in horror as she found everything in her room were disarray. Her stepmother has sent people to raid her room, all because of the necklace.

Dara felt hot tears welled up in her eyes, she was so angry. Why would her stepmother be this vile, going as far to rob away the only valuable item her father has given to her.

Flashback-

“This necklace is the original piece of the line of diamond necklace I designed for next season.” he has told her.

“Wow”, Dara’s said in awe.

“Yes,” he has said,” It is called “Thorne Rose”, and it was a creation bases on my intentions for you. It is a perfect embodiment of your characters.”

“What do you mean?”, has hung agape in bewilderment.

“My dear little Dada”, he said as he pulled her small body in to his lap, holding the beautiful necklace before her eyes as she marvels over it, “Look, the pink diamond was carved in to a rose pendant, and embedded white diamond in the stem represents the thorns. People dislike the thorns on the rose, but I found it especially beautiful, and meaningful.”

“Why?”

Her father has look at her and smiled, “Thorns represent imperfection. Even the most beautiful flower, the rose, has imperfection. Just like everything in this world.”

End of Flashback-

Dara has taken those words to heart, and she has grew, ironically, just like a thorny rose. Imperfect, she was flawed in many ways. But just like a rose with thorns to protect itself, Dara knows how to protect herself, shielding her beauty within with a hard façade.

She was tough, she isn't gonna be like a passive flower that take whatever people do to her.

 She will get the necklace back, no matter what.

 

***

Words Count: 663.

A/N: I'm back after 1 month hiatus =)

can that even be called a hiatus? Lol....

Ok, I know this chapter is almost like rambling, and a little off-topic. But this is all for setting up the next chapter, and it's an idea that keeps reappearing in my head.
So please, just bear with it.
It's a little confusing, but let me just clarify:
-the man in here is Dara's father.
-Dara's family ( and Seunghyun's family) owns a Jewelry empire ( Choi Jewelry Co.)
- the necklace is symbolic, and it will come back later during the story. 
Oh, and Daesung- I wrote this chapter when my mind was plague with worries for Dae.
As you can see, everyone has their imperfections, people can make mistakes because of that. Dae is just human like the rest of us. Somehow because he's in one of the most popular boy group, people judge him much quicker and harsher.  I hope people can see that, forgive him, and move on.
(#wesupportdaesung)
they need to find that mothereffin hit-n-run guy -___- my prayers go out to the family.