The Taste of Black Tea

The Taste of Tea

 

Another High School!Se Hun scenario

 


 

 

“Noona, please~?” I put on my best begging voice. “Please?” I cooed, tilting my head and giving Noona the puppy dog eyes.

 

Everyone--especially the Noonas, and even the Hyungs--fell for my charm. But Noona was Noona, and she merely deadpanned at me. She shook her head “no” and turned around to walk, leaving me standing there.

 

“Noona!” I whined as I sprinted forward and blocked her from going any farther. “Please? I really don’t like this,” I pouted, pointing at the cup of black tea that I ordered. “Can you please come with me to buy another order? It will only take a few minutes,” I tried to reason, pulling out all the aegyo I had in me. 

 

“Se Hun,” Noona glowered, her eyes turning into angry slits. 

 

Uh-oh. 

 

“The others are waiting for us. This isn’t the time to be a spoiled brat. You ordered that, so now you have to live with it,” she reprimanded. I my lips, disappointment easily finding its way onto my face. I wanted to throw a tantrum.

 

“But, Noona—“

 

“No ‘buts,’ Se Hun-ah.”

 

Se Hun-ah.

 

I looked up at Noona, simply stunned at the way she called my name, adding that suffix she didn’t normally use. The way my name rolled off her tongue despite her anger was a nice surprise. I tried to hide my happiness, though, because in front of me stood a very pissed off Noona.

 

I bowed my head in guilt. “Okay, fine…” I surrendered. I began to walk towards the nearest trashcan when Noona stopped me and showed me her palm.

 

“I might as well drink that, Se Hun. I hate for it to go to waste even though I personally don’t like it,” she said. I handed the cold plastic cup to her. Noona gingerly took off the lid and gave a slight sip. Her lips pursed into a straight line as she pondered. “It’s not that bad, Se Hun. It actually tastes like the traditional tea. How can you not like this?”

 

I my lips. “Because…” I pouted, “It tastes bitter for me. I didn’t know it was going to be that bitter.”

 

Noona chuckled. “Such a kid,” she mumbled, rolling her eyes playfully. Even though she said it with amusement in her voice, I didn’t find it pleasant.

 

“I can be a man, too!” I claimed, jumping up and pointing to myself.

 

“But for now, you are EXO’s spoiled maknae. Now come,” she said, unexpectedly taking my wrist and dragging me forward. “Let’s go meet the others.”

 

I’m pretty sure my face was a humiliating shade of red as I looked down at my wrist. Noona’s touch was cold, but hot at the same time. Her grip was loose, but it was there and I liked the sensation.

 

“Noona…?”

 

“Yes, Se Hun?”

 

I gulped, having second thoughts on what I was about to ask from her.

 

“May I…May I hold your hand?”

 

“No.”

 

My face fell. She answered so swiftly. It was an automatic response.

 

 “Please…?”

 

“No. I don’t like touching, remember?”

 

“How about the pinky?” I insisted. I already went up ahead and asked for it, I might as well continue, right?

 

“No.”

 

“Please…?” 

 

Noona "tsk"ed and let go of my hand. Her fingers balled into a fist except for the tiniest one. She held it out for me to take.

 

“…Fine.”

 

 

 

It was hot and cold and all the weird sensations in between—that was what it felt like as I curled my pinky around her own.