Let me work here

See you around

Taeyeon sits down at her bed after grabbing her small backpack. She takes out her ipad, starts searching for information in Japan. She is thinking maybe she should just stay in Tokyo and look around since she is here. Then move on to the other places in Japan.

 

While searching information on the website using the hotel wifi, she suddenly stops what she is doing and thinks that since she has all the time to explore so why bother planning. She throws her ipad aside and decides to take a nap instead.

 

It is very dark outside when she is awake. She looks at her watch and notice it is very late. She hears a growl from her stomach. It is time for dinner. She changes her attire into a warm hoodie and a skinny jean. She grabs her thick jacket and her small backpack and goes out to the street. She walks along the street of Yokohama looking around for food. She has a craving of her favourite ramen. She finally comes to a quiet area with a few houses by the side, she never like to go to crowded places at all. She never believes in those pamphlets that has all the famous restaurants as well. She walks further down and she sees a row of shop houses. She sees an old school ramen house along the shop houses.

She slides the door open and goes in.

“Irrashaimase” a loud and deep voice greets her.

Taeyeon bows and grab a seat in the corner. It is a very old-fashioned ramen house. She loves this kind of old school style. She looks up at the wood tablets hanging up at the counter. There are only three types of ramen selling here. She orders e shoyu flavoured ramen and a beer from e waitress. She asks the boss is it ok for her to take some pictures; the boss is fine about it. As there are only a few customers eating ramen. The boss sends her ramen personally to Taeyeon’s table.

Taeyeon who is busy taking picture of the ramen house quickly run back to her table and bow to the boss.

“Arigato gozaimasu” Taeyeon quickly say her thanks.

“Are you a tourist?” The boss cook asks her.

“I’m from Korea but I’m not the typical kind of tourist” Taeyeon smile at the boss.

“That’s why I wonder, how can a tourist ends up here since I’m not listed in one of the famous ramen house tourists should visit” The boss give a hearty laugh.

Taeyeon joins in the laughter.

“You speak good Japanese errr” The boss looks at Taeyeon for some answer.

“Sumimasen my name is Kim Taeyeon” Taeyeon stands up, bow and extend her hand out for a shake.

“So deska Kim Taeyeon, my name is Daichi” The boss stands up, bow and shake her hand.

The boss grabs a beer from a fridge next to him.

“You don’t mind if I sit here with you Taeyeon” The boss smiles at her.

“Not at all” Taeyeon grab the chopsticks and break it.

“Itadakimasu” Taeyeon starts eating her ramen.

The boss looks at her eating.

Taeyeon shot her eyes wide open after her first taste to the noodles. She looks at the boss noodles still in and gives him a thumb up.

“Mmmmm oishii this is the best ramen I have eaten” Taeyeon cannot help complimenting it.

The boss gives his deep hearty laugh again. He likes this girl. If his daughter is still around, she should be around her age. However, he cannot help notice that there is a lot of sadness in this young girl’s eyes.

 

The next few days she goes around Tokyo, enjoying the sceneries, capturing it into her camera. She will always send it to Jiwoong and her mum to update them at the end of the day. Dinner will always to that friendly boss ramen house. She even gets to know his wife. They are her first friends in Japan.

Taeyeon walks to her usual place for dinner; she just never gets sick of the delicious ramen. When she enters the ramen house, she notices the boss is cooking and serving at the same time. He did not even realize that she is in.

Seeing the boss is so busy, Taeyeon decided to help him serve the customers. The boss who is busy cooking noticed Taeyeon finally. He sees her clearing the tables, quickly run out from the kitchen and stops her.

“You are a customer Taeyeon you cannot do this” The boss grabs the bowls and the wiping cloth from her.

“Its ok ojisan” Taeyeon grab the wiping cloth from the boss hand and clear another table behind her.

A customer grumbles about his late order. The boss could not stop Taeyeon quickly run back into the kitchen.

“Ojisan two shoyu ramen please” Taeyeon shouts from the front after taking orders from a couple.

“Hai!” Somehow, the boss is quite relieved that there is an extra hand helping him.

 

After the night ends, Taeyeon sits down to relax. The boss comes out with a big bowl of ramen and a can of beer.

“On the house Taeyeon, thanks for helping. That silly girl Michiko decided to quit suddenly without giving me any notice. I can’t get any help and I don’t want my wife to help me as you know her legs are not strong” The boss rubs the back of his neck.

“Why don’t you let me work here Ojisan. You don’t have to pay me just feed me” Taeyeon does not understand why this sudden decision but why not. It will be fun to experience life this way. The ramen house only opens in the evening so she can still explore around in the day.

“Nani!!” the boss almost fall from the chair.

 

 

hope you like this chap even though nothing about taeny Yet.

pls comment!