Springfield's 2nd Year Anniversary!

Illusory

Springfield’s 2nd Year Anniversary Conference: Q&A Session Transcript


Starting this off with our main character, this one’s for Hyunjoo. If you could go back to the start of all of this having all the knowledge you do now, what’s the most important thing you would change, if anything?

Hyunjoo: At this point, I wouldn’t call myself the main character. 

Hakyeon: Stop being modest. 

Hyunjoo: I’m being modest because it’s the polite thing to do. It’s the human thing to do. And if I could change anything, I would make sure I always knew that I’m human. I can’t do things on my own all the time. I can’t brute force everything. Sometimes, I need to go places for the sake of others. Sometimes, I need to stay somewhere for the sake of myself. And sometimes, I just have to look my mom in the eyes and yell at her if I need to. Talk to her if I need to. Make up with her because I need her. Because I’m human.

Ravi: A respectable answer, Mistress Song.


Also to Hyunjoo, will there be a happy ending at the end of your journey, or do you think there is more sacrifice to come that will keep this from ever truly ending for you?

Hyunjoo: Well, I’m not planning on dying anytime soon. 

Zico: Damn straight.

Jiyeon: Preach it, sister!

Hyunjoo: Happy moments, sure. A happy ending? I don’t know yet.


For Hyunjoo and Sungyeol, what are your thoughts and feelings towards your time in Italy, and the old demons and new experiences dealt with there?

Sungyeol: If I say anything, my neck’ll be torn in two not even ten minutes after this all ends. 

Zico: Damn straight.

Hyunjoo: I’m not sure where to start.

Taeyeon: Should I speak for the two of you, then? Alright, let me just say this: Demons follow you, no matter where they’re made. The same goes for experiences — the new and the old. In Italy, they both found what they were looking for. No one can decide for them what it was or otherwise. 

Sungyeol: I couldn’t have said it better even if I was able to.

Taeyeon: Preach it, brother.


Who are the three people Sunggyu met in Denmark?

Hyoyeon: May I answer this one?

Seohyun: Your lengthy explanations never fail.

Hyoyeon: Alright then.

Yoona: I don’t think that was a “yes.”

Hyoyeon: When Sunggyu went to Denmark, he visited the Elite Headquarters and addressed our high assembly in order to lay claim on the long forgotten Kim House.

Yoona: And she goes on anyway.

Hyoyeon: Now, don’t misunderstand. Sunggyu didn’t need permission to raise the Kim House from the ashes — no offense.

Sunggyu: None taken.

Hyoyeon: He simply needed to inform the 3 Delegates of the Elites, one reigning over each faction, of his plans. It was because of this that Springfield became werewolf territory. It was because of this that the Hunters can no longer bring their forces to take it. It’s protected by the Kim House, maintained by Sunggyu’s and Zico’s packs. Pure and Impure. A marvel of forgiveness and harmony to be looked on and admired by the still discontent members of our same species. An example —

Seohyun: I think that’s enough for now, Hyoyeon. Thank you.

Hyoyeon: No problem.

Seohyun: To more precisely answer the question, he met with the delegate of the Werewolves, Kwon Yuri of the Kwon House. 

Soryong: Along with Jung Jessica, the delegate of the Humans.

Hyosung: And our very own little runt, who shalt not be named for the time being.

L.Joe: Oh, no! Whatever shall I do? The suspense is killing me!

Zinger: Why? Knowing won’t make a difference.

Hyosung: For the sake of keeping things interesting. Isn’t that right, girls?

Jieun: “Interesting” is the only adjective that holds my interest without fail. Each. And. Every. Time.

Sunhwa: That’s nice and interesting and all, but I was told there’d be free food at this conference.

Jaehyo: That’s a point that concerns me as well.

Sunhwa: Then again, I’ve never had wolf before.

Jaehyo: Let’s not make you dream fruitlessly.

Sunhwa: At this point, fruits are one of the only things that could possibly draw my interest.

Jaehyo: What did I do to deserve to be seated by you?

Sunhwa: Compliments are nice too, though.


Is Myungsoo going to do anything else to Hyunjoo, besides full-body-imprinting, to make Hakyeon furious?

Myungsoo: I’m pretty sure just breathing pisses Hakyeon off to all hell.

Hakyeon: You know me so well.

Myungsoo: My scent’s still on her, by the way.

Hakyeon: You say that like the fact holds some kind of mysterious power over me.

Hongbin: His upper lip is twitching, a clear sign he’s once more not gotten what he wants. Which, if I’m keeping track, has been happening a lot more often recently.

Myungsoo: And what exactly do you want from me?

Hakyeon: It’s simple really. I want you to stop breathing, dear brother.

Hyunjoo: While the topic of this conversation has moved onto greener pastures, me being constantly marked aside, I really think we should move on while we’re all still breathing.


Can we expect any more skinship moments between Sunggyu and Hyunjoo other than the hug that happened in chapter 26?

Zico: No.

Hyunjoo: What?

Zico: No.

Sooyoung: I’ve always been fond of kinship meself.

Yoona: Skinship, Sooyoung. Skin. Ship. 

Sooyoung: A ship made of skin? Not the familial bonds between unrelated brethren as we break through the battle lines of our enemies, fangs and claws rippin’ and slicin’? 

Taeyeon: You want to charge against the Hunters? Fangs and claws and all? I did too, and look where that landed me.

Sungyeol: In Italy. With me.

Taeyeon: I didn’t say it was a bad thing.

Hyunjoo: As you can see, if it’s skinship you want, please direct your eyes elsewhere.

Ricky: Why are you looking at Myungsoo?

Niel: And so the King of Subtlety opens his mouth at long last.

Ricky: I take offense to that, Niel hubby. I’m anything but subtle.

Minah: Why are you looking at me?

Sungjong: Can we just skip this question?

Sunggyu: Maybe that’s for the best.


When is Tablo coming back? And where is he right now?

Tablo: I’ve been busy with a lot of things.

Soryong: Which is mostly our fault, so sorry about that.

Daeryong: The guy’s tougher than he looks, so we can’t be blamed for attempting to make him more useful than he was in that prison. To give him a purpose. A reason for living. I honestly don’t think we should have to apologize for that.

Sunggyu: And if memory serves me right, the Containment Zone also fails to be explained quite yet.

Soryong: And for that, I sincerely apologize for the second time.

Daeryong: My brother’s too used to kissing asses to tell you to it up and wait. You’ve just inherited an entire House, both metaphorically and literally. As for whether you’re ready to bear the burdens of your title yet, well like I said, sit on your pampered and wait.

Sunggyu: Despite your words, you’re smiling right now.

Daeryong: Am I? I didn’t notice, my young Ruling House member Kim Sunggyu.

Jiyeon: I like you.

P.O: Jiyeon, please.

Taeil: I don’t think you all answered the question.

Hoya: I don’t think they really care.

Daeryong: I really don’t.

Soryong: As for my older brother, I can’t apologize enough.


Where is Minah’s dad?

Sunny: Where he belongs.

Sooyoung: He’s not dead, if that’s what you’re askin’.

Tiffany: And neither am I.

Sunny: And you’re also where you belong. For the time being, anyway.

Daeryong: All this “Everyone has a role to play” nonsense you keep spouting is driving me up the wall.

Sunny: We don’t kill humans.

Daeryong: But they kill us.

Seohyun: We can talk about this later, Jung Daeryong.

Daeryong: You mean after guys like our used-to-be Mayor of Springfield have us killed?

Sunny: Dae.

Minah: I’m sorry. Even though I don’t understand, even though my own apology means nothing, I’m sorry.

Daeryong: You don’t have anything to apologize for little sparrow. None of us do.

Hakyeon: Did the air just get heavier? Or are dense fools talking?

Ravi: I suggest you keep out of this, Hakyeon.

Hakyeon: And I suggest we stop dwelling on such sad, pitiful nonsense.

Sunny: You’re right. It’s all nonsense. All of it.


In chapter 47, Chunji told Hyunjoo, “You’re just like he described you.” What did Sunggyu actually say to Chunji?

Chunji: More than I can repeat.

Sunggyu: He’s over-exaggerating.

Chunji: You know how guys are when we get together. 

Sunggyu: He really has no idea what he’s saying.

Chunji: One topic leads to another and we can’t avoid it really.

Sunggyu: You really love landing me into trouble, don’t you?

Chunji: So, should I start with what he thinks of her during the daytime or the nighttime? 

Sunggyu: What do you want?

Chunji: Because you see, there’s a large difference between a man’s thoughts depending on the time of day. Know both, know the man so well you wish you didn’t.

Sunggyu: I’ll take your night shifts for all of next week.

Chunji: He said she was pretty and had short hair.

Kyung: And lemme guess, you assumed every pretty girl with short hair was his girlfriend until proven otherwise?

Chunji: No. Just every girl with short hair. Sunggyu’s got weird tastes, you know.

Sunggyu: And the following week.

Chunji: Pretty. Short hair. That about sums it up.

U-kwon: And so the juiciest bits were never revealed. 

Sunggyu: There are no juicy bits.

Chunji: Oh, really?

Sunggyu: Three weeks.

Chunji: I mean, the word juicy’s so vague, isn’t it? Sunggyu? Sunggyu’s as straight and narrow as an arrow. Isn’t that right, buddy?

Yura: I feel robbed of something, don’t you?

Hyunjoo: Robbed of the chance to sneak a peek into the mind of man? Yeah, no thanks.

Ricky: You’re looking at Myungsoo again.

Hyunjoo: Why do you always care where I’m looking at, huh?

Ricky: Hyunjoo hit me!

Niel: And I couldn’t be prouder.


This last question is for Sunggyu’s pack. Have you guys ever tried wearing briefs instead?

B-bomb: They all wear briefs. Except Myungsoo, anyway.

Miso: He knows what kind of underwear they prefer. I’ve always liked an observant man.

U-kwon: This girl worries me.

Jiyeon: I know the feeling. But, it’s kind of cute, no?

B-bomb: I know because I had to borrow their clothes for an unspecified amount of time, remember? And no, it’s not cute at all.

Hoya: I remember you refusing to wear any of my briefs at first — not that I minded.

Woohyun: You were wearing Myungsoo's neon colored boxers for days until you finally just went out and bought some.

Hyunjoo: Neon?

Myungsoo: It’s funny.

Sungjong: But if you’re the only one in on the joke, how can it be funny?

Myungsoo: We can bring the dictionary into this or you can accept my boxer collection for what it is.

Woohyun: A nonstop rave in the top drawer of your dresser?

Myungsoo: Who doesn’t like parties?

Woohyun: An eye-shocking flash every time you lift your arms up?

Ricky: Hyunjoo hit me again!

Hyunjoo: Just taking precautions ahead of time.

Myungsoo: Are you jealous?

Woohyun: Of the fact that you’re wearing hot pink boxers right now? Of course not.

Ricky: Hyunjoo!

Myungsoo: I can led you a pair.

Woohyun: Don’t want it.

Myungsoo: They’re more comfortable than they look.

B-bomb: No one wants your ugly boxers, Myungsoo.

Myungsoo: I know you didn’t mean it to sound hurtful, but that one stung a bit.


Dongwoo: Honestly, shopping for Myungsoo is so hard I just give him gag gifts every year. Highlighter yellow. Blinding pink. A new neon pack of boxers every gift-giving holiday. The joke went stale four years ago. But hey, if he’s still laughing about it, even if it's to himself, I must be doing something right.


Another year has gone by, has it? Feels nice, don't you think? Thanks for sticking around. I hope you keep on doing so until the very end. 
Also, a special thanks to kksuperman and InfiniteWisdom for submitting questions & to deowce for suggesting this fun idea to celebrate!