Soshi Bond

Past, Present, Future

 

Soshi Bond

Sunny was holding a self-improvement book with one hand and squeezing Sooyoung’s shoulder with the other.

“Sooyoung, what’s wrong? Tell unnie and maybe I can help! Remember how we always said that we would not keep bad things to ourselves, and tell the other eight members? Don’t suffer alone; you have all of us by your side. No matter what happens, we won’t ever leave you alone, trust us on that. So, tell unnie what’s wrong, don’t cry anymore… It hurts me to see you like this…”

Sunny’s eyes were watering; her heart ached seeing her fellow member crying like that.

“Yes, Sooyoung, don’t be like me in the past~ Members always said I kept to myself too much, and enduring everything by myself really didn’t help… Tell all of us, we’ll try our best to help you or at the very least provide you with emotional support. Don’t cry, Sooyoungie~” Taeyeon’s soothing voice filled the room.

Sooyoung looked at the Danshins, her tears falling more than ever. It reminded her so much of the past, when everything was really perfect.

 

When the members would comfort each other in times of need, when Taeyeon would always be the one looking for her and asking her what was wrong even when she herself had many things troubling her in her mind. When she would neglect herself for the sake of others, wanting the best for all the eight members, telling herself that it was her responsibility. Why did I think of her so badly… Despite her kid like personality, she really treated us like her real siblings, with so much love and concern. Taengoo, I really miss the old you that I hardly get to see these days…

Looking at Jessica sitting by herself in her room sadly, she realized how much she missed her icy personality. Her cute, cucumber hating yet cheerful character. Jessica was always the one that kept to herself and when needed someone to confide to, that someone was always Sooyoung. Why have I pushed her away now? Even if she’s not the old Jessica, but I’m sure deep inside, her personality still remains, right? I’m sorry Sica…

 

All of a sudden, it struck her. How much she really regretted making that decision. That decision that SNSD was not perfect, that they needed a better future, a good change. She had failed to notice all the things she had when they were exactly just the way they were.

The happiness when they did their cheer, the comfort when the nine of them shared the centre stage when they won an award knowing that they would always be together no matter what, the sadness they all experienced together when they missed their families, even the joy they had when they first debuted five years ago. All these memories were etched deeply into her heart, but she only realized it now, when it was too late.

Mianhae SNSD, I’m sorry for the mistake I made. I failed to see how perfect we all already were.

Feeling Taeyeon’s warm hug, she was reminded that maybe, just maybe, a piece of their old selves were still within their new shell, and with some effort, maybe they would revert back to their normal personalities again. Surely, the soshi-bond was strong enough, for them to go through this successfully and emerge as even better people in future?

Knowing this gave Sooyoung hope. She hugged Taeyeon and Sunny tightly, grateful for them. Not answering their questions, she stood up and made a decision. Wiping away the tears from her eyes, she ran to Yuri’s room to share the plan with her.

This must be it, an experience given for us to change, take a moment and make the best of it. Even though we do not know what is waiting for us in the future, we should do our best and embrace this change. Yeongwonhi, So Nyuh Shi Dae! So Nyuh Shi Dae, Hwaiting!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Sunny looked at each other giving each other reassuring nods and a smile, knowing that they had successfully done what they intended to.

 

Author's Note:

The last chapter~ :)

xitslisax3 and luv4yen, hope that you enjoyed reading this short fanfic too ^^ don't unsubscribe yet, there are more to come ^^ continue subbing too ^^