Rewind

Past, Present, Future

 

Back to The Day Sooyoung found the lamp

“Yuri, you’re one of the most daring one amongst us, just rub the lamp!”

“Mwo?! But why? What if it brings all of us to harm?” Yuri pouted.

“Yuri unnie, just do me a favour? Pleaseeee?” Sooyoung looked at her and did the cutest face she could ever do.

“No, I can’t! Not unless you tell me why!”

“Fine. I will! I bought this from a lady near the convenience store. Yes, I did not find it on the road. She said that if we rubbed it, it would bring all nine of us a change, a good change. She said that it would give us a bright future, a bright future for So Nyuh Shi Dae!!! Of course I bought it from her, who could reject such a good offer? And anyway, some members really need a change in their attitudes! Like Sica for example, she’s always so fierce and strict to us! Tiffany needs to quit acting like a manager too! Oh and look at Taeyeon, what kind of leader acts like a kid and maknae all the time!”

Yuri shrugged, trying to find ways to argue back, but she found Sooyoung’s argument quite valid.

“Okay then, I will… But only if the other members agree to us doing this…”

“Okay!!! Thank you, you dark skinned kid! I knew I could count on you!” She hugged Yuri tightly and skipped off to wake up the other members.  Knowing that the din from the other members would wake Taeyeon and Jessica up, she left them for the last.

 

When (nearly) everyone was up and at the table>

“Kids! Kids! Look what I found!”

The five members gathered around the table and shrieked. Yuri shared nervous glances with Sooyoung, who looked confidently at the lamp.

“I found it while walking to the convenience store! It’s so cool right?”

Yuri glared at her for lying, but Sooyoung mouthed to her, “If I told them the truth, they would just laugh at us being superstitious! Trust me, it’ll work better this way!”

While Yuri and Sooyoung were still silently arguing, they did not notice Sunny picking up the lamp and rubbing it.

“Yaaaaa!!! Aniyaaaaaa!”

It was too late, the effects were to be done, there was no turning back. Sooyoung looked around, curious that there were no visible changes as of that time. Maybe it really was just a scam…  She shrugged and pretended that it was not a magical lamp after all.

However, on the lamp in subscript, there were the words:

Effects only occur 30 minutes after the rubbing of the lamp, and the owner of the lamp (Choi Sooyoung), as well as whoever else that knows of the power of the lamp will not be affected by its effects. Good luck, Master. Hope you find a pleasant future ahead!

 

<Fast forward> Back to the car

Sooyoung looked around and noticed everyone acting differently. For herself, she only rejected the sandwich as she was nervous about the effects of the lamp and if it would bring harm to any Soshi member. She was also dancing only because dancing usually helped her with relaxing her nerves.

Tiffany acting cute like Sunny?! Yoona, just sleeping instead of fooling around with her useless antics?! JESSICA EATING CUCUMBERS?! Hyoyeon advising us to eat healthy and playing Super Mario which she always hated, she’s becoming like Sunny and Seohyun combined! And Maknae doing perfect winks and eyesmiles?! I thought she had to practice for many weeks just to perfect that one wink! And playing tricks on her unnies too! What has happened to our innocent Maknae? And even better, Sunny reading self-improvement books instead of gaming! Daeeeebaaaak. And our leader, this is the fifth meal she’s eaten in a day! It even broke MY own record!

Wow, so these are the effects of the lamp? I could get used to it~!