Breaking ice

Broken

Words that the Ice princess was melting spreaded like wildfire throughout the entire school.

 

Most were impressed by Yoona, some jealous, others scared.

 

As for Yoona herself...

 

"Ooooh, so this is what a canteen look likes!" The doe-eyed girl said excitedly. She had seen school canteens in movies and dramas before, but had never actually experience the real life canteen. "So, is the food bad?"

 

Tiffany giggled. After interacting with Yoona for a while, she had realised that no wonder even the Ice princess would melt. Yoona just was so pure that anyone would want to make friends with her. "No. The food here is pretty good~"

 

"Really? What would you recommend?" Yoona literally was jumping up and down, her eyes gleaming.

 

"Chicken."

 

Yoona turned to Jessica, smiling. "So I should try their chicken chop then?"

 

"But their beef steak is the best!" Tiffany whined slightly.

 

"Chicken." There was a certain hardness in Jessica's voice this time.

 

"Beef!"

 

"Chicken."

 

"Beef beef beef!" Tiffany cried and stomped her feet childishly.

 

"Eh... I think I'll try both chicken and beef..." Yoona smiled awkwardly, trying to pacify both parties.

 

"Fine!" Tiffany pouted and cross both her arms.

 

"Childish." Jessica smirked.

 

"Omo!" Students who were watching the mini quarrel gasped. The ice princess smirked. Smirked. Omg! 

 

The canteen started to buzz even louder, the students pointing at the trio and speaking in hurried whispers.

 

Jessica ignored the attention and went forward to the food counter, pointing at the chicken chop in the menu.

 

"Come on, Yoona." Tiffany pulled Yoona by the wrist and led the girl to the food counter. "Two beef steaks and one chicken chop!"

 

"How... how much is it?" Yoona asked, taking out her wallet and getting ready to pay the counter lady. Tiffany stopped her. 

 

"I'll treat you." Tiffany said and paid for the meal.

 

"B-But..." 

 

"Take it as a welcoming treat from me." Tiffany laughed.

 

"R-Really? T-Thank you..." Yoona thanked the older girl and felt her face heat up.

 

Tiffany could not help but smiled at the girl. Could this girl get any cuter?!

 

After Tiffany took the tray of food for the both of them, she scanned the canteen for the Ice princess.

 

"Jessica-ssi is there!" Yoona pointed to the blonde girl who was silently eating her food while getting stared by the students around her. 

 

"Oh." Tiffany followed the excited girl.

 

Setting down the plates of food, the two started eating with Jessica.

 

It was quiet among them, but it was a nice kind of quiet.

 

I could get used to this!  Yoona thought and grinned while eating her food.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Yah, go and ask her out!"

 

"B-But... what if she rejects me?"

 

"Do. It!"

 

Suddenly, a male student crashed into the trio's table.

 

"Kya!" Tiffany and Yoona both screamed in shock while Jessica blinked once at the guy, and resumed her eating.

 

"H-Hey..." The male student smiled and fixed his disheveled hair. "You know... I just wanted to ask..."

 

The canteen was suddenly silent.

 

"Yoona-ssi! Can you go out with me?"

 

"Huh? I... what?" Yoona stared at the guy, hanging open. 

 

Plak!

 

Everyone stared at the knife on the floor. It was Tiffany who had dropped it.

 

"Heh... I'm sorry but... no..." Yoona bowed her head at the guy. "I'm sorry..."

 

Tiffany let out a sigh of relief. The girl glanced at Jessica who had her usual Ice princess look.

 

"I'm not taking no for an answer!" The male student suddenly said fiercely, gripping Yoona's wrist tightly.

 

"W-Wha-Ahhh!" Yoona winced as the guy dug his fingernails into the girl's wrist.

 

"Kibum! Let her go!" The guy's friend shouted at him.

 

"Let her go?" Kibum laughed manically. "No!"

 

The crowd did not dare to provoke the guy any further. It was The Kibum afterall. The triple crown in the row blackbelt Taekwondo winner. And The Kibum is known for something else...

 

"Let me go... please..." Yoona pleaded with the guy and tried twisting her wrist."AH!' Yoona cried as Kibum grip her wrist harder.

 

"Let her go."

 

Kibum turned his head to face the icy glare. "Let. Her. Go."

 

"No!"

 

"Tiffany. If you will."

 

"Huh? What? Oh..." Tiffany met Jessica's eyes and nodded.

 

But how does she knows? Tiffany thought. Nevermind... Yoona is more important now.

 

"Yah! Kim Kibum! Let the girl go!" Tiffany shouted. 

 

"Ugh, another one? I said no!" Kibum sneered. He pulled Yoona and Yoona was forced to stand up. "Let's go, beautiful." 

 

Tiffany cracked her knuckles and glared at the guy. "Not so fast."

 

It happened in a split second. One moment Tiffany was in front of the guy, the other, Tiffany was behind him, having on arm around the guy's neck. "Let her go and no one gets hurt."

 

"And what is a poor and weak girl like you going to do with me?" Kibum cackled.

 

"This." Tiffany punched the guy's face from the side and lifted up her knee, kicking the guy's back. Kibum let out a shout and released Yoona. Yoona quickly ran to Jessica.

 

"Stop!" Tiffany turned and saw Kibum's friend who was with the school's doctor. "Kibum is mentally unfit! Please do not hurt him!"

 

Tiffany sighed and walked towards Jessica and Yoona.

 

"Not so fast little-Ah!" Kibum cried out in pain as he felt an intense pain surging from his nose. Tiffany had punched the approaching guy squarely on the face.

 

"Kibum!" The school's doctor ran forward and handcuffed the guy. "I'm sorry that you students have to see Kibum in this state... especially you, Yoona-ssi."

 

Yoona barely nodded, her face as pale as a sheet of paper.

 

"Yoona! Are you hurt?" Tiffany asked worriedly, as she checked the girl's wrist.

 

"Ah... not really..." Yoona blushed. 

 

It was then that she saw Jessica wrapping one of her arm around Yoona's waist. "Jessica..."

 

Jessica seemed to have noticed it to and immediately retract her arm from Yoona's waist. Jessica had her poker face on.

 

Tiffany felt a slight rise of anger inside her and she was a little shocked at her own feelings.

 

How could she be angry at... Jessica?