Family + Epilogue

Until I Die

 

 

 

 

"Are you really sure about this?" I asked again for the ninth time after pulling my car over the side of the road before turning off the engine.

 

"How many times you have to ask the same question? I said yes."

 

"Okay, we're going in." I open my door and step my heels getting out of the car.  I see my wife opening her door and walk to my side, we're both inspecting the building in front of us. I hold her hand and try to smile hiding my nervous mind. To my surprise, she accepts my hand and holds it even tighter. It's obvious she has the same feeling as mine.

 

"Nervous?" I asked.

 

"You too." She said.

 

It's been eight months since I came back to Seoul. The days have been too good to me. Imagine the most beautiful girl in this world is the first thing I see when I open my eyes every morning, and this girl is happened to be my wife who I get to spend the rest of my life with. I can hug and kiss her whenever I want to, I just need to hold myself if we were in public consider we are living in a society where a same gender relationship isn't quite acceptable. I would never mind to wait until we are alone in our home. It's just... well... who would have thought Jessi is much bolder than I am sometimes. I wasn't really prepared for her sudden hug from behind when we were outside, or her sudden kiss on my lips when we were sitting in our porch where other neighbors could witness clearly. It's not that I didn't like it, in fact I truly loved it. But seeing those ajummas' jaws dropped to the floor cause of too much of PDA isn't really healthy either.

 

There was this one day Jessi said if we could have a real family, she had been thinking about adopting a child. I would love to have one but the thought of those responsibilities and consequences made me fear a lot of things. Can we really take care of a child? Can the child accept if both of his/her parents are girls? There are bunch of things we are afraid about, having a child can be a bad thing or good thing? We could never know if we didn't give a try. That's why today we are here, in front of an orphanage building. I got a call yesterday saying there was a 3 months old poor baby girl who just lost her parents in a car accident. And Jessica and I have decided.

 

"Jessi, remember there's always a good choice for you to choose." I said and she quickly looked at me with a serious expression. "Whatever your decision is, as long as you're happy, I'll be happy too." I continued.

 

It's true, having a child isn't really what I planned, it's like a hostage making Jessica to stay by my side. I would never force her to do what she doesn't want to, there's always a choice she could make her own, even if it affects our marriage but as long as she is happy then I could careless about other things. Because her happiness is everything for me.

 

She uses her finger drawing a circle in the back of my ear, and before I notice her cheek already touching mine.

 

"I've always been the one to choose, when is it your turn choosing for your own Tiff?" She whispers softly in my ear.

 

"Out of all 8 billion people in the world, I had chosen you already. I don't need to choose anymore. My choice is always you." I said smiling.

 

"We are same then, my choice will always be you too. Let's get in, shall we?" She said before giving a peck on my lips and slipping her fingers onto mine.

 

"Yeah, let's get her, our first child..."

 

 

 

Epilogue

 

 

I wake up to my cellphone keeps ringing endlessly. I didn't set up an alarm before napping, must be someone so eager dragging me out from my dream in the afternoon. I take my phone looking at the screen displaying my best friend's picture and her name. I swipe to unlock it before answering.

 

"What is it?" I asked to the point, anyone could hear how I sounded so annoyed.

 

"Krystal Jung SooJung, where the hell are you?" The voice from the other side didn't sound pleased either.

 

"I'm in africa playing with tigers, where the hell you think I am? Just straight to the point, what do you want Sulli?"

 

"Have you forgotten you actually have work today?"

 

"What work? I don't think I have work nor do I have class today."

 

"3 days ago you said okay when I asked you to replace me on monday here in SM restaurant. Today is monday Krystal."

 

I try to turn my brain finding the memory. Did she ask that? Why couldn't I remember? Did I really say yes? Oh no, I maybe did.

 

"What time?"

 

"Be here from 5 PM til its close, and you only have 1 hour to get your over here."

 

"Can I say no?"

 

"Please Krystal, I have other important things to do, just 5 hours will you?"

 

"Monday is my day Sulli."

 

"I'll buy you lunch tomorrow, I promise."

 

"Okay... but make it 4 hours cause I have to check on my unnie later. I'll be there before 6 PM."

 

"Yay Krystal, I knew you would help me...."

 

"Save it Sulli, you do know I'm laziest people on monday. I hate you."

 

"I love you too Krystal, mmmuuuaaaccchhhh..."

 

I hang up and put my phone on table before getting in the bathroom, preparing myself going out checking Sica unnie.

 

My poor unnie.

 

Ever since Tiffany unnie left, Sica unnie changed a lot. Never ever in my life seeing unnie this broken. She cried until asleep last night. I can tell it has been like this almost every night and I couldn't help anything. I wish she could just move on, but of all her exes, Tiffany unnie is the only one that can make her like this.

 

The first time unnie cried in front of me when I was in elementary school, she was in high school and dated this boy for just couple of months, ended up he cheated on her. That night she cried a lot but moved on easily few days after.

 

She then met a sunbae right after she entered college, dated for a year and just parted like that when the guy was shoved into military. Unnie was really sad until Donghae oppa appeared in her life few months later. She started to smile again. Their relationship doing fine for years, unnie talked a lot about him. A lot of times she dragged him along having family dinner in the house too. No one could deny Sica unnie loved him so much. My family liked him too, except me. Don't get me wrong, I never hated him. DongHae oppa was nice, but for some reasons I just didn't like him that much. This guy was too dependent on unnie. I mean, he's a guy but he acted too attached to his girlfriend, like a mama's boy, and Sica unnie didn't seem to mind much about that. I kind of felt relieved Tiffany unnie came to our life to be honest.

 

I liked Tiffany unnie, especially when she always being helpful teaching me homework, she never said tired cooking me food everytime I rubbed on my hungry stomach. If I was a guy I would fall head over heels for her, hard and deep, no doubt. Countless of times I pitied her cause Sica unnie acted really cold at first, but she just shoved it off with a sigh and then gave a smile. I really wished I knew how to say something comfortable. Well, my stupid unnie was really stupid and idiot.

 

They say if 2 people in love with each other then fate will bring them together, sooner or later. I step down getting off from bus and look up to the afternoon sky. I wonder, will Tiffany unnie back?

 

I walk on the side avoiding slippery snow all the way of the street. I turn left to see some workers still with their cleaning works. Right when turn my head again my eyes widen seeing a familiar figure standing at the familiar gate.

 

Is that Tiffany unnie?

 

I just smile thinking what a surprise my question has already gotten its answer this soon.

 

She looks somewhat hesitate a moment before she decides to going in and presses the bell. Not planning to interrupt so I just stand here and wait for the door's open til I see its close again. They need their time alone at this very moment.

 

I walk near the gate while finding something in my pocket, the spare key Sica unnie gave me few weeks ago. I slip the key into the letter box hole before I turn around heading to work with a smile.

 

Guess, I don't need this key anymore.

 

 

 

E N D

 

 

 

 

A/N :

 

Hey there my readers, finally Until I Die is updated with its final chapter. Have you guys enjoyed reading it? I hope you have.

Some of my friends suggested to make a pdf for this fic and I'm working on it. If you’re interested to own this pdf, just comment below and let me know, I will PM you the link to download it. If your profile is only for friends to see, please do add me first so I can post the link through PM, thanks.

I know I’m still lacking a lot in writing, that’s why I want to thank you for supporting me all the way, and hope my next fics will be better. And also don’t forget checking my other Jeti fics in my profile.

 

 

Ciaooooo…..