Number?

Who Am I?

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

                Where am I? It looks… it looks as if I am in that same garden again. But how did I get here? I soon here laughter coming this way. I better hide before they find me again! I find the nearest bush and hide in it. I watch as what seems to be a little girl running across the garden. I can definitely tell that it isn’t the same girl when I was previously here. This girl looks so much more…innocent. It looks as if she is running towards something or someone. I watch as she continues.

 

“Daddy! Mommy!” the little girl cries in joy as she is running toward her parents. Her parents were sitting on the nearby bench looking at the beautiful flowers. They both look toward their daughter and smiled. All of a sudden the little girl trips over a tree root sticking above the ground and falls. She has a big scratch on her knee and sees blood oozing out. Immediately, she cries and her parents come rushing over. They both get down on their knees and try to calm her down.

 

“Honey, please look at where you are going when you run. I don’t want you to give your mom a heart attack”, the mother says worriedly as she wraps her daughter in her arms and tries to comfort her. The father gently wipes away the tears for his daughter’s eyes and pats her head.

 

“Do not worry when you are big and strong, nothing will stand in your way. Promise me that even if little things like roots knock you down, you will always get back up”. The little girl stopped crying and sniffed before nodding her father.

 

“Yes, father. I will not give up. I will try hard even if it knocks me down”, the little girl said with a smile. Both of her parents smiled seeing their little girl cheered up. “Mommy, daddy, may I go play in the flower field?” the little girl asks.

 

“Yes, of course my little darling. Just be back home before the sun starts setting. It is dangerous at night” the mother warned. The little girl nodded and got up and started running away from the garden. She was laughing while running as if the little accident didn’t even happen. I watch as she gets smaller the farther she goes. I turn to the parents as they watch their daughter leave them. Suddenly the scenery changes around me. I look to see where I am now and notice I’m in a flower field and the same little girl running my way. I look for something to hide behind. I see a tree near me and immediately hide behind it. The little girl runs and starts to run in circles while chasing butterflies. The girl looks so happy while chasing those butterflies but why am I here? I continue to watch the girl seeing if anything she does is significant. The little girl stops chasing the butterflies and sit in the patch of flowers.

 

Suddenly I see someone else coming toward the little girl. It looks as if another little girl is walking towards her. The other little girl runs up to the one sitting in the flowers and asks, “What are you doing?”

 

The little girl replies, “Sitting in the flower field and chasing butterflies. Do you want to join me?” The other little girl nods with a smile. Soon both girls are up and chasing butterflies. Their laughter is the only thing that fills the air. I smile at how cute they are. Suddenly as I look at them I see one of them makes eye contact with me. I start to panic and hide behind the tree again. I hear them talking.

 

“Did you see that?” one of them asks.

 

“No, what is it?” another one asks.

 

“I thought I saw someone watching us” she replies again.

 

I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want to end up like last time. Should I try to outrun them or should I wait till they leave? Sweat starts to drop down my face. I shut my eyes hoping that this all goes away. Go away please. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

 

“Wake up”.

 

I slightly open my eyes to see Taeyeon bending over. She has one hand on my shoulder as she shakes me to wake up.

 

“Wake up Tiffany. I’m almost done making breakfast for you” Taeyeon says with a smile. I rub my eyes and look around. I am in Taeyeon’s room and then I remembered what happened to me yesterday. All those memories start flooding my head.

 

“Get up sleepy head. Get ready and come out when you finish. I think you will like a hot meal in your stomach after all you went through yesterday”, Taeyeon says before she stands straight up and starts to walk out the door. Once she leaves the room, I stretch and start to get up. I sit there for a minute trying to remember what happened in my dream. Who were that little girl and her friend? At least that dream wasn’t as bad as my last one. I shake off that memory and get ready. I change my clothes that Taeyeon laid out for me. These clothing, they seem a little short for me in the pants area but the shirt seems to fit perfect. Once I finish washing my face, I walk out and see that Taeyeon is busy in the kitchen.

 

She turns towards me and looks at me for a minute. I start to blush as she looks at me. “Hmm, I guess my clothes are a bit too small for you. I guess we can go shopping today after we finish breakfast. Why don’t you turn on the television while I finish making breakfast? I’ll call you to the table when done”.

 

“Tele-television? What is that?” I ask. Taeyeon’s eyes immediately get big. “Really? Do you not even remember what a television is? I guess whatever you did that caused your amnesia, it must have been bad. Here I’ll turn it on and put it to a channel”. Taeyeon walked over to the couch and the metal box looking thing. I’m guessing that must be the television. She had some controller in her hand and started pushing buttons on it. Soon the metal box had a tiny person in it.

 

“Omo! How do people get that tiny?!?” I ask worriedly and I try to grab the little people but all I hit is glass. Taeyeon is shocked by my reactions. Immediately, she starts bursting out laughing. “HAHAH! Little people! Tiny BWAHAHA!” I look at her if she has gone mad. Doesn’t she care that those people will be forever tiny?

 

“Tiffany, those aren’t really people. It is just a bunch of little pixels that are transmitted through the air and send signals to everyone’s televisions so we can watch the news or a movie or something” Taeyeon replies. Pixels? I’m confused. “Never mind. How about we just watch the news and see what is going on with the world today?” Taeyeon says. Soon I see a small little woman talking in the television. I sit on the couch and watch the little woman talk while Taeyeon heads back into the kitchen.

 

Thanks Ron! Today, the weather looks to be a bright sunny day. A great day to take a stroll or play in the remaining snow. Streets are slowly melting easier for cars to drive on the roads. Just do not forget to wear you winter clothing it still is a little chilly outside. Back to you Ron.

 

Thanks Stacy! Now back to politics. It seems that North Korea and South Korea are still at a disagreement. North Korea has closed any communication between any countries except for a small trade with China. South Korea is trying to settle an agreement to open North Korea back up but the country is refusing. North Korea is even threatening to wage war against South Korea if they feel threatened. I’d say why must Korea be split? It has caused nothing but fear and anger into the hearts of so many. The prime minister of South Korea is trying to settle something out with North Korea’s prime minister. The meeting will be soon in the next week or two. Stay tuned for that. Now off of politics, it appears a cat was found stuck in a tree…

 

Suddenly the television goes black and the tiny people disappear. I turn around behind me and Taeyeon held the remote in her hand. “Enough of politics, let’s eat” she smiles. We sit at the table and I look at the plate in front of me. I see some tan looking bread with a bunch of squares in it. I look at her waiting for an explanation.

 

“Try it, it is waffles. Put some butter and syrup on it too. It tastes yummy!” Taeyeon said as she took a bite of her waffle.

 

“W-a-f-f-l-e.” I pronounce before putting syrup and butter on it. I take a bit and immediately am amazed. It is so fluffy and sweet and warm. Never have I ever tasted something this good. Taeyeon immediately smiles at my reaction. I waste no time in taking another bite. I savor the flavor and slowly chew while tasting the sweetness coming from the syrup.

 

Suddenly Taeyeon speaks, breaking my heavenly waffle trance, “So since I don’t have to work today, how about we go shopping for you since some of my clothes are too short for you and I can show you around town”. I nodded and swallow done the last bit of my waffle before speaking.

 

“You have a job? What is your occupation?” I ask curiously. She laughs at my curiosity.

 

“Well, I don’t work full time because I have to go to school back in Seoul but since I’m on winter break, I am doing a part time job singing at the local bar”, she answers.

 

“You sing? I would like to hear you sing” I smile really big.

 

“Haha, alright. I can take you with me when I go next time to my job and you can watch me sing” she says.

 

“You go to school? How old are you?” I ask another question.

 

“I’m 18 years old but a lot of people say I look younger” Taeyeon pouts cutely. I giggle at how cute she looks when her cheeks blow up to look like balloons. She really does look like a little kid when she does that.

 

“You live in Seoul? Then why are you in this small town?” I ask wanting to know more about her.

 

“I am visiting my grandpa while on break but he isn’t here right now. He is pretty active for his age. He is a big history geek and likes to go see the ancient ruins up in the mountains. But I live and go to school in Seoul” Taeyeon answers. There are so many more questions I want to ask about her but she interrupts before I can say something.

 

“Enough questions about me. Go get ready so we can go out to shop” she says before taking up my dishes and walking back to the kitchen sink. I get up and go back to Taeyeon’s room to finish getting ready.

 

 

 

-----------

 

 

 

As I step outside I still see snow everywhere but at least it is sunny. I feel the heat on my face and embrace its warmth. As I breath the cold air out I can see my breathe. Suddenly I hear Taeyeon call out to me.

 

“Tippani, come on. We have a lot of shopping to do” she grabs my hand and pulls me along with her. There it is again. That spark. It started when she grabbed my hand and now my heart is beating a bit faster. Why is this happening to me? I look at our hands and for some reason I smile. I ignore this weird feeling and just enjoy it while it lasts. As we are walking on the sidewalk, I see some big metal thing on wheels pass us. It spits out gas that blows into my area causing me to breathe the nasty air. I cough for a minute and try to brush away the bad air.

 

“Tippani, are you okay?” Taeyeon asks as she looks back at me.

 

“Taeyeon, there is a big metal thing on wheels trying to hurt my lungs!” I pouted. Taeyeon just laughs at me as if I am insane. Again!

 

“Silly Tippani. That is called a car”

 

“C-A-R?” I pronounce.

 

Taeyeon just nods while smiling at me, “Yes silly, a car. It can take you to your destination a lot faster than walking but it needs oil for it to work. It spits out the bad air so it can use the oil”. I make an ‘O’ with my mouth trying to understand what she is saying.

 

“Gosh, that amnesia is really bad” Taeyeon says. I shrug and we continue walking.

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

After walking what seemed to be like forever, we finally reach a clothing store. We walk in and a store clerk approaches us.

 

“Hello, what do you want?” the store clerk asks annoyingly. I noticed that the store clerk looked angry at something. Taeyeon was taken aback by the rude attitude of the store clerk.

 

“Excuse me; we are looking for some clothes for my friend here. Do you think you have any that she would like?” Taeyeon asks politely. The store clerk gives me an annoyed look and then looks at her nails.

 

“It’s a clothing store, lady, look around will you?” the store clerk said rudely. I could sense for some reason this store clerk was hurting inside. She seemed really sad deep inside and instead of dealing with it, she covers it up with a layer of anger. I don’t know why she did that but it looked as if she needed someone to talk too.

 

“Excuse me! That is not a way to talk to your customers! Come on Tiffany! Let’s leave” Taeyeon said as she grabbed my hand and started walking out. I felt her tug on my arm but I resisted because I felt there was something about this store clerk. I walk up to the store clerk and look closely into her eyes. I see the store clerk feel uneasy about how close I am.

 

“Tiffany, what are you doing?” Taeyeon asks curiously.

 

“Yeah lady, what the heck are you doing?!?” the store clerk asks with a hint of anger.

 

I just keep staring into the store clerk’s eyes and I slowly raise my hand up to her face. I gently place my hand on her cheek and sense a deep depression and feel that this girl has been let down so many times. I now understand why she acts this way towards us and feel sorry for her.

 

“It’s okay. You don’t have to bottle up your feelings. It is better if you let them out and if you need to, you can tell me about them if you need someone to talk to” I tell her. She looks at me hesitantly for a second. Suddenly she starts to cry and immediately hugs me.

 

“It’s just all the pressure on me right now and my boyfriend left me for some ! Life just isn’t fair! Why does everything have to happen to me! I hate always being let down and forgotten! I just feel like a small unimportant grain of sand that has been tossed around and stepped on and I am sick of it!” the store clerk cries. I can feel my shirt start to get wet from her tears. Taeyeon grabs a tissue and hands it to her. I can tell from the look on Taeyeon’s face, she looks surprised and confused. I just smile to her and gently calm the store clerk. Soon enough, she stopped crying and was calming down. She wipes away her tears and smiles at me.

 

“Do you feel better now that you let all that anger, you bundled up, out?” I say caringly.

 

“Thank you for listening to me. No one has ever taken time out of their lives to listen to me so thank you. I feel a lot better and sorry I was so rude to both of you guys” the store clerk apologizes. Taeyeon and I bow and smile at her.

 

“Here let me show you the clothes you will definitely like! They are the newest clothes that nobody has seen yet. Just came out today! Ooh and I want to show you these other cute clothes that you will most definitely like!” the store clerk said excitedly. I could tell she was a lot happier and her attitude changed. I smiled at her as she showed me to the clothes.

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

After we paid, Taeyeon and I thanked the store clerk once more before leaving. As we walked outside the shop Taeyeon asked, “How did you know?” I just shrugged.

 

“I-I don’t know. I just felt her sadness and that she needed someone to talk to” I replied.

 

“Wow, Tiffany you are really good with people. I was impressed on how you took that. You are really kind” Taeyeon complimented which made me blush a bit. She just smiled at me and I did the same. We started headed toward another shop when we heard someone.

 

“Hey! Wait!”

 

We both turn around and see that same store clerk following us. She finally catches up and takes a breather before speaking.

 

“Hey, I didn’t catch your names” she says.  Taeyeon and I look at each other before introducing ourselves.

 

“Hi my name is Taeyeon”

 

“And I’m Tiffany” We both bow as if we all just met each other.

 

“Tiffany…nice name. Here is my number in case I need someone to talk to or just hang out with” the store clerk says while writing her number on a piece of paper. Number? What is that?

 

“Here you go! Oh by the way my name is Jessica Jung!” She says before running back to her store.

 

I give Taeyeon a confused look.

 

“Number? Jessica…?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Haha, so what did you guys think of this story? Tell me pweeease so I have an idea as of if this story is good or bad(:

Yes! Jessica is in the story now! Hehe, things are going to get interesting around here now that the ice princess is here XD

Do not worry more characters are coming too! 

Anyways comment and subscibe if you havent already! I like to read what you guys write. It motivates me to write more :P

Love,

Rainy2424 (^.^)/

 

BTW If I dont get the chance to say it, Happy New Years everyone! And who is ready for Girls Generations new song?!?

AHHH I'm trying to wait patiently but it isnt working! I want to listen to their song now! TT^TT