Mystery Girl

Who Am I?

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I walked into my cottage house and placed the food from the local grocery store on the counter. I take off my hat and my other layers of heavy clothing, leaving me with a thin long sleeve shirt and some gray sweat pants. “Grandpa! I’m home”, I hollered out but no one responded. I walk into the kitchen and was about to open the fridge door when a small piece of paper on the door caught my attention. I took the note off and the lights. “Gone up to the mountains for a few days or so. Take care of the cottage for me while I’m gone. With love, Grandpa” I read aloud. I put the rest of the groceries away and placed another log on the fire place. I noticed that I was running low on wood. “I guess I should go scavenge for more wood in the forest”, I said to myself. I grabbed my heavy winter coat and hat and placed them on. To keep me extra warm I wrapped a thick scarf around my neck. I walked outside and started heading past town.

 

As I reached the forest I picked up loose sticks I found on the floor. I looked up and notice the snow fall ever so gently onto the ground. Suddenly a cool wind rushed through me sending chills all throughout my body. It seems as though another snow front is coming soon. I better grab a few more pieces of wood just in case. I continued to walk through the forest gathering more small twigs and branches.

 

After what seemed to be an hour of picking up twig, I looked at what I had collected. I figure this would be enough for me to survive the heavy storm coming in soon so I head back out of the forest. Once I reached a clear field, I walked along the outskirt of the forest. I looked toward the horizon hoping to see the town but unfortunately I could not see anything due to the wind picking up. I tightened up my coat and wrapped my scarf in another circle around my neck. It soon was getting harder each step I took because my foot would sink a foot into the snow causing me to take large steps. I scanned the area once more in hope to see a light or a building signaling me that the town was nearby. I guess I had ventured out farther than I had expected. I continued walking along when something caught my eye. It looked to be something brown propped up against a tree. It must be a large piece of wood, I assumed. As I started to get closer, I saw that it was not a piece of wood but a cloak. A cloak? Why would someone leave their cloak here in the forest? I was getting closer and noticed that the cloak was in a sitting position. I thought that a cloak lying in that position was quite unusual. Then it struck me. Duh Taeyeon! My eyes widened as I realized my stupidity and ran towards what was not a cloak but a person! I picked up my pace and ran toward the person sitting as fast as possible. The cold wind was stinging my face but I continued to endure the pain. As I reached the person I crashed on my knees to get eye level with the mysterious person. I looked at the person to see that it was a girl who looked to be maybe my age. I noticed she didn’t have much layers of clothing on for this type of weather. So many questions were running through my head. Why was she sitting out here? Why doesn’t she have a lot of clothes? Is she okay? How long has she been out here? I noticed her skin was pale and her lips had a blue-ish tint to it. But the one thing that was first on my mind was that if she was alive or not. I shook her gently.

 

“Hey!” I said with panic in my voice. I waited for a second but I got no response. I was really starting to get worried. What if she does not wake up? I shook that possibility out of my head and called out again, “Hey!” Still no response. I placed two of my fingers on her neck in hope to find a pulse, a sign a life and bring relief upon me. I waited for a second yet I could not feel a pulse. “No,no,no. Please don’t be dead! Hey!” I yelled. I shook her in hoping she would wake up. What good was I doing shaking her if she had no pulse? I gave a sigh and looked at her once more. At first I thought it was just my imagination but then I see what appears to be a squint coming from her eyes. She isn’t dead! All of a sudden a huge wave of relief came upon me and I said in joy, “Oh thank goodness you’re not dead!” She didn’t seem to pay attention to me at all. I could see that her eyes are more focused at the environment surrounding us. Maybe she is hurt. “Are you alright? Can you move?” I ask with concern. Once again the mysterious girl ignores my question and scans herself. I looked to where she was looking and I noticed that she wasn’t wearing any shoes. Why didn’t I notice that before? I see her move her hands and lifts one in front of her. Strangely enough she has a smile on her face. Suddenly the girl turns her attention to me and opens , yet nothing comes out. Maybe she can’t speak because of the dry cold air.

 

“Can you hear me?” I ask.  She nods.

 

“Are you alright?” I ask.  She nods.

 

“Can you move?” I ask once more. She shakes her head. I see that it’s probably because of the cold. I got in front of her and grabbed her arms and placed them around my neck. Once I felt she had a good grip around my neck, I grabbed her legs and wrapped them around my waist. I could feel that she criss-crossed her legs around me for extra support. Even though I have many layers of clothing on I can feel her cold body. I wonder how long she has been out here for.

 

“Okay, I’m going to carry you to my house. Don’t worry you will get better there. It is better than being out here in the cold. You hardly have much layers of clothing on” I tell her before I start to make my way back home. I just remembered I left the pieces of wood I collected back by that spot, I guess I will have to get them later. It was easy carrying her because she is light. I wonder if she has eaten in a while. There are so many questions I want to ask her but first I have to get her warm and out of this cold weather. I suddenly feel her place her head on my shoulder. Her cold cheek is against my warm neck. It sends tingles down my spine at her cold touch but I endure it because I must feel warm to her.

 

After walking past town and finally ending up at my home, I open the door and smile when I am greeted with a wave of warm air that engulfs us as I step into the house. I walk over by the couch in front of the fireplace and gently set her down on the couch. As soon as she I set down, I go into my room and grab a blanket for her. I come back out and hand her the quilt. Once I see her wrapping herself comfortably in it, I decide to get comfy too. I take off my heavy coat and scarf. I notice that the girl is looking at me but I try to pretend I not to notice. I walk over to the kitchen and make us two cups of tea and hand one to her while I take a seat on the couch and sip mine. I notice she looked down at the cup I gave her and I smiled at her curiosity.

 

“It’s tea. Try it. It will help warm up your body from the cold” I said cheerily as I take another sip of mine. I watch her take a sip of hers and a smile appears on her face after. I couldn’t help but smile back at her.   I guess she hasn’t had something warm in her body for quite a while. I finally got a better look at her when the color in her cheeks started to turn back to normal. Her face was soft looking and there was something about her that made me feel at ease when around her. I then realized that I haven’t introduced myself. She must be wondering who I am. “Oh sorry for being rude, my name is Taeyeon. What is yours?” I said with a smile. I look at her as I continue to wait for a response. To my surprise, she doesn’t respond, she just looks away from me. Why wouldn’t she tell me her name? Maybe she doesn’t want me to know. I couldn’t think of anything I did wrong to offend her. I tried to retrace my actions I did that I could have possible done to offend her. I was cut off from my train of thought when she started to speak, “I-I don’t know”. Don’t know? I wonder what that meant.

 

“You don’t know your name?” I ask. She nods. “How do you not know your name? Why were you out there sitting in the snow?” I ask wanting to know more about her. She just shakes her head and she has her eyes shut. This girl looks as if she is in pain or something. She opens her eyes once more to look at me. I could see a tear forming in the corner of her eye.

 

“Can I tell you something?” she asks. I nod and wait for her to continue.

 

She gives a sigh before continuing, “Honestly, I don’t remember anything about me or who I am. I don’t even know my name. I just remember waking up by that tree and seeing you. I wish I knew who I was”. The girl pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs. She looked so lost and confused as if she was a little kid who lost their mother at a park. I felt so bad for her. It pained me to see someone like her hurting. I knew I had to do something but I didn’t know what. Then an idea came to my mind.

 

“Hey, it’s okay. How about I help you find out who you are? It’s obvious that you need answers and a place to stay, so why not here?” I offered with a smile. She lifted her head up in a mix of shock and happiness.

 

“Really?” she asks. I nod with a smile. As soon as I answered her, she had a big smile on her face. It was intriguing when she smiled her eyes formed the most beautiful crescent shape I have ever seen. For some reason I felt the urge to make her happy just so I could see that beautiful smile. “Thank you so much!” she says and immediately wraps her arms around me. It took me a bit surprised but I relaxed after and returned the hug back. I felt that her body was much warmer than before which brought relief upon me that she was going to be fine besides the amnesia. We stayed in that position with our bodies pressed against each other for a bit. She rested her head on my shoulder as I did the same. I looked at the fireplace near us and noticed that it was starting to go out. I remembered I needed to go get the wood I left earlier.

 

“I have to go get the firewood I left back where I found you. If we are to keep warm during this cold snow storm coming I have to get more wood”, I said before breaking away from her body. She has a disappointed look her face. I could tell that she didn’t want me to leave her here after being cold. I chuckled, “Don’t worry, I’ll be back as soon as possible. You can make yourself at home. Get some rest, I bet you are probably still tired after today”. As I grab my heavy winter coat and scarf again, I see that she is yawning and slowly lies down on the couch. I smile at her once more before putting on my hat and walking out the door. “Don’t worry, I promise to help you remember who you are”, I said to myself as I headed back into the raging weather.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers! I decided that doing it from Taeyeon's point of view is also fun to write so I think I will do it in her eyes as well. But, I do keep my word that Tiffany's will be more frequent just because I find it fascinating to be reading from a person who cannot recall their memories point of view. Maybe that is just me. I know the chapters are a little shorter than my usuals on CSI Korea but the word count I believe is the same. I hope you guys like the story, I promise it will get more interesting soon. Please subscribe and comment your opinions of the story.

 

BTW who is excited for it to be Christmas already?!? I know I am! My favorite part of Christmas (besides the presents because who doesn't love getting presents) is watching those fun traditional Christmas movies on tv. Soon before you know it New Years will here and then we will be in 2013. Time flies so fast. Haha I may do a Christmas one-shot in the spirit of the holidays (:

 

Yours Truly,

~Rainy <3