The Argument

Unexpectedly...

 

 

“WELCOME!” Hanna and Haejin chorused as they popped party poppers over the visitors that were entering their new apartment.

The 6 guys that entered the apartment grinned as they smelled the smell of kimchi pancakes and jjajangmyun (Black Bean Noodles) wafting around the apartment. They were starving.

As if on cue, all of them ran towards the dinner table set in the living room and sat down.

“Chill guys. I ordered enough for everyone. I even made kimchi pancakes.” Hanna laughed as she approached the dinner table and took a seat next to Yukwon. Haejin followed behind and took the seat beside Hanna and Park Kyung.

“Tuck in everyone! “ Haejin chirped as she immediately started to slurp on the bowl of jjajangmyun in front of her. Everyone else followed suit except for Hanna, who was not that hungry as she kept trying the kimchi pancakes she made, worried that the others may not like it. It was just then she noticed the empty cushion opposite her. *Why is there one extra cushion? I thought I prepared enough cushion seats for everyone.* She wondered.

“Is someone not here yet?” she wondered aloud as she scanned the faces of the guys around her that were slurping noisily on the noodles. The noisy slurping noises slowly subsided as the guys looked up from their bowls of half-finished noodles.

“Jiho oppa? Where is Jiho oppa?” Hanna asked as a disappointed look crossed her face.

“He had something to attend to. Something urgent.” Yukwon spluttered, his mouth still full of partially bitten noodles.

“Yeah. I guess he wouldn’t be here tonight.” Jaehyo spoke up quickly.

“He promised to come though…” Hanna’s voice trailed into a whisper as a dejected look made its way onto her face. Yukwon pat her shoulder, comforting her.

Suddenly, someone slammed a pair of chopsticks on the table.

“WHY CAN’T YOU GUYS JUST TELL HER THE TRUTH! ZICO SKIPPED OUT ON THIS SO HE COULD CHECK UP ON HIS GIRLFRIEND WHO IS OBVIOUSLY AN ATTENTION SEEKER LYING ABOUT BEING SICK!” Minhyuk yelled.

An awkward silence hung in the air as everyone stared at Minhyuk, shocked at his sudden burst of anger which was very unlike him.

“I see. Maybe Hwayoung is really not feeling well?” Hanna broke the awkward silence.

“Don’t defend that . She obviously was lying.” Kyung seethed with anger as he thought of how Zico had done the same disappearing act on his birthday in the past.

“Maybe it is a different case this time?” Hanna continued to defend Hwayoung as she thought of how Hwayoung had treated her quite nicely during their first meeting at the restaurant. She still couldn’t believe that Hwayoung was the kind of attention seeking the rest had made her out to be.

“Hanna. Hwayoung isn’t really the friendliest person around. That day at the restaurant, I caught her glaring at you while you were happily talking with Zico oppa. The moment you looked at her that glare transformed almost instantly to a smile. At first I thought I saw wrongly but after listening to the guys, I believe that my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me.” Haejin said in a serious tone.

*No wonder I felt someone glaring at me that day…* Hanna thought as she looked at the angry faces of the guys around her and Haejin’s serious face. “Let’s not talk about this. Isn’t my new apartment great? I picked out all the furniture myself.” Hanna tried to change the topic but failed as she got interrupted by Minhyuk.

“I’ll have to warn you first about Hwayoung. She doesn’t really like girls getting chummy with her Zico oppa.” Minhyuk growled.

“I wasn’t getting chummy I was just catching up with him.” Hanna shot back at Minhyuk.

“It seems she took it the wrong way judging from what Haejin said earlier.” Minhyuk replied with a smirk.

“My point is that we weren’t getting chummy I was just catching up with him.” Hanna raised her voice.

“Kang Hanna! How naïve can you be! Only you and Kyung can call Zico by his real name without him getting mad. Even Hwayoung calls him by his nickname. Hwayoung is obviously jealous of the close relationship you share with Zico and will do anything to sour your relationship with Zico.” Minhyuk was fuming at how stubborn Hanna was. *Why can’t she just take my advice?!*

“Why do you even care! Do we even know each other that well?!” Hanna screamed at Minhyuk. He really knew how to get on her nerves.

 Minhyuk stood up and stormed out of the apartment. *Why do I even care?*

Hanna was dumbfounded. She didn’t know that Minhyuk would be so fierce towards her when he seemed so distant and uncaring. *What a jerk.* she thought to herself as she downed a full glass of water to quench her anger.

*Wow. The first time I see Minhyuk act like that towards a girl.* Taeil thought to himself as he looked at the fuming Hanna who was downing glass after glass of water.

“Hey it seems like Minhyuk hyung forgot his jacket. The weather outside is kind of chilly today, what if he gets ill.” P.O’s deep voice grumbled.

“I think Hanna should bring him his jacket. You two haven’t even known each other for a week yet and are already at loggerheads with each other.” Taeil frowned. Minhyuk wasn’t one that had a bad temper. There was definitely something wrong with his behaviour today.

“Me? Seriously?! I can’t communicate with him. We are both totally talking different frequencies. He can’t receive what I am trying to say and I also am unable to receive what he says.” Hanna stated in a matter of fact tone.

“At least try to get to know him first before judging whether you can communicate well with him.” Haejin urged.

“Fine fine. I’ll do it. Don’t blame me if I can’t find him.” Hanna pouted and made her way towards the door.

__________________________________________________________________________

Minhyuk was taking a stroll in the park opposite Hanna’s apartment to quell the frustration and anger he was feeling. Why did he even care? He shouldn’t even be randomly butting into the affairs of a girl he just knew for less than a week. He closed his eyes as he felt the cold wind brush against his flushed face and shivered.

Suddenly, he felt a weight on his shoulder. He turned around and was shocked to be face to face with the girl he had just lost his temper with. He was surprised to see that his jacket was slung over his shoulder.

“You forgot your jacket.” Hanna stated, coldly. “Taeil oppa forced me to find you and pass you your jacket. He doesn’t want you to fall ill.” Hanna frowned at how much her legs were aching from running around and searching for Minhyuk.

“Your nose…” Minhyuk muttered under his breath.  Then, Hanna suddenly felt an itch on her nose. She reached out her hand, attempting to scratch the itch when a painful sensation rushed through her nose.

“Ouch!” Hanna yelped as her fingers flew up to her nose. She could feel dried blood on her nose and her nose hurt as much as a big black bruise would have hurt. “Ah. I must have gotten this when I fell just now at the staircase.” Hanna muttered to herself.

“You’re hurt.” A look of concern washed over Minhyuk’s face. “Let’s get this treated. I’ll get some antiseptic and a plaster.” Minhyuk walked quickly to a row of convenience stores near the park.

Hanna panted behind, holding the bridge of her nose and trying to keep up with Minhyuk’s pace. Her nose hurt whenever she ran and she had to hold on to her nose bridge to soothe the pain.

“Wait up!” she yelled in annoyance behind him, however Minhyuk kept his pace as if he didn’t hear her. (Well, he was too caught up with concern.)

Without any waste of time, Minhyuk entered the convenience store and bought a bottle of antiseptic, a packet of cotton balls, 2 bottles of water and a packet of plaster. When he left the convenience store hastily, he bumped into Hanna which was just entering the store.

“Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!” Hanna yelped even louder than before. She clutched the area around her nose and bent down in pain. “I’m sorry!” Minhyuk gasped and tried to help Hanna up, but it seemed like Hanna didn’t want his help as she brushed away his arm when he tried to help her up.

“Let me help you with the antiseptic.” Minhyuk smiled awkwardly as he twisted the cap off the bottle of antiseptic and opened the packet of cotton balls. He felt really bad. This was the first time a girl got hurt because of him.

“It’s okay. I’ll just do this myself.” Hanna grabbed the bottle of antiseptic and cotton ball. She dabbed the cotton ball on the mouth of the antiseptic and attempted to press the cotton ball on her injured nose. Turns out without a mirror she couldn’t really see where her wound was. She repeatedly tried to press the cotton ball on her wound but she only made a mess of her nose area. She failed to notice that the antiseptic was a deep purple and there were blotches of purple on the places where she pressed onto her nose. She unconsciously pouted and glanced over at Minhyuk.

“Err… Do you have a mirror?” Hanna asked Minhyuk. Minhyuk grinned and stifled a laugh as he saw the messy blotches of purple on her face. “I think you’d be better off with my help. I think you wouldn’t want to see how you look like now.”

Hanna hesitated but still nodded. “Is it really that funny?” She frowned at Minhyuk.

“You might want to notice that the antiseptic is dark purple.” Minhyuk chuckled.

“OH MY GOD.” Hanna tried to cover her nose area as she blushed bright pink. *No wonder so many people kept glancing over at me just now.* (A/N:  They’re still outside the convenience store.)

“Let’s go over to the park where there are lesser people.” Minhyuk had a grin on his face as he rested his hands on Hanna’s shoulders and pushed her towards the park.

_______________________________________________________________________

Minhyuk leaned over closer to Hanna as he tried to dab her nose with the cotton ball. Hanna started squirming as the sensations of pain shot up her nose. Her eyes were shut tightly as she tried to think about other things that would distract her from the pain.

“Can you stop squirming about?” Minhyuk gently gripped Hanna’s cheek while he tried to dab on her nose. He couldn’t help but study her features. Her long eyelashes. Rosy cheeks. Porcelain skin. His heartbeat sped up unknowingly and his face flushed. He quickly put the plaster on Hanna’s nose and coughed awkwardly. “Done.” Minhyuk announced as he quickly looked away.

“Finally.” Hanna smiled as she touched the plaster on her nose. “Thanks for cleaning away the blotches of purple on my face and helping me with this.” Her smile widened as she pointed to the plaster on her nose. *He isn’t that bad after all. I should apologise for just now.* “Umm… I’m sorry for yelling at you just now. I was too rash and upset.”

Minhyuk awkwardly coughed again as he nodded at Hanna. “I’m sorry too. I don’t know what got into me…” Minhyuk scratched the back of his neck.

“We’re even then!” Hanna laughed and jokingly bumped Minhyuk’s shoulder with her fist. Minhyuk tried to keep his line of sight clear of Hanna hoping for his burning cheeks to cool down. *Why am I acting like this?* He thought as he sighed to himself.

“Are you okay? Your face seems really red.” Hanna gasped as she noticed Minhyuk’s bright cheeks.

“I… I… It’s just kind of cold.” Minhyuk laughed awkwardly.

“Then let’s get back soon or else you’ll catch a cold.” Hanna quickly grabbed onto Minhyuk’s wrist and pulled him back towards her apartment. 

________________________________________________________

Heyy guys I'm back with an update. Mianhae again for snail updates. I realised I lost subscribers D: Is it because I don't update regularly? T_T But just... Recently I haven't been feeling uppity up (I mean like this cheerful-go-lucky feeling.) I didn't do well for this national exam I took. (Sigh.. After all that hard work. I guess I'm not that smart.) So I was kind of moping around the past few days being lifeless and busy being sad. (Its really tiring being sad, I realised.)

HAH. BUT I AM ALIVE AGAIN AND BACK WITH AN UPDATE!~ A LONGER ONE IN FACT!

OH YES AND CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A POSTER SHOP OR SOME KIND SOUL OFFER TO DO UP A POSTER FOR THIS FIC. COS I AT PHOTOSHOP BIG TIME. D: (I have problems with the lasso tool) <- Or is it lasso? :O

#Start of no-link-with-fic rant#

*CAN'T CONTAIN FEELS* INFINITE H'S ALBUM IS DAEBAKKKK. LIKE DAE TO THE BAK! ITS HIPHOP TOO LIKE WHAT BLOCK B DOES SO YOU GUYS CAN TRY LISTENING TO IT TOO! Oops sorry for random Infinite insert. HUGE INSPIRIT HERE  ^^

SPECIAL GIRL FTW! FLY HIGH FTW!

#End of no-link-with-fic-rant#

Okayy I need comments! Really! Or else I'll suspect like nobody reads this T_T (Even comments like bothering me to update faster.) 

SO!~ TYPE A COMMENT AND NO ONE GETS HURT! 

Hahahaha so till then~ ^_^V