Inheritance and Company

My Typical Love Story

{Jae Bum}

                     “NO! I WILL NOT GET MARRIED!” I raise my voice against my mother who held onto my arm to lower my voice down or my father will hear from upstairs.
                     “Jaebum, you didn’t let me finish yet” she push me back into my seat, confusion was rushing all over me and a mixture of anger. I could just feel myself getting worked up.
                     “You remember our rivals of 20 years? S.A. Inc? We had a meeting last week and…well…both sides agreed on a settlement and collaboration between us”
                     “But what does that have to do with me?!” I interrupted,
                     “Wait! Let me finish!, Well…you know that Mr. and Mrs. Oh both have a daughter, who is their rightful heir? Well, both sides decided that you guys become wedded to create a evidence of our contract. ALSO!”
                     My head was hurting, as I rubbed the flesh of my temple back and forth. My mother squeeze my arm and leaned in closer, “Your father has said…if you’re willing to do it. He’s going to give you the whole entire inheritance and company too” she said in a small whisper
                     I stop, “the WHOLE inheritance? And company?” I look at her, this time I was more willing.
                     Money, money, money… it was like my awakening drug. To myself, I carefully smile to myself. I almost lost that money to my older brother who is in America married to a white girl who is as poor as a rat in the dumpster. I cleared my throat,
                     “The sooner, the better”

{Seung A}

                     I almost choked on my water. “WHAT?! REALLY?!”, my mother nodded. My heart was beating faster, “Getting married…with Im Jae Bum…” I was trying hard to hold onto my idiot smile but it showed up.
                     My mother playfully slap my thigh and giggle “Honey, do you like him that much?” I look at her, I nodded.
                     It happened 16 years ago, I could imagine it again clearly like it just happened yesterday, that was the day where I almost got murder.
                     “You said that, Jaebum also agreed to this?” she reply back yes. I was becoming nervous, will he remember who I was.

                     That night, I couldn’t sleep in bed. I turn and twist, my body and soul was tired but my mind was fulfilling it’s own destiny, a destiny of me and Jaebum in the future. When he come home from work, I’ll be making a hot meal for him and in the morning I’ll be fixing his tie nicely. I giggle to myself and squeeze my body pillow.

{Jae Bum}

                     I looked handsome in everything, the white tux to the black ones. Everything about me was perfection. The wedding was in 2 days, last night I was just thinking to myself if I made the right decision, marrying a girl who was I had no idea looked like. But I have to thank her for being born, if not for her I would not be getting the inheritance and company.
                     “I’ll take this one” I fix the collar around my neck. The white tux was made of only silk and diamonds, I had to be the most handsome at my own wedding.
                     I turn to look at the cashier. She was in her mid 20s, I flash her a smile and took her hand. Looking up, I could see that naughty dirty smile creeping on her lips. I kiss the back of her hands as I made my payment. She was totally seduced by me.
                     It’s been too long for me since I’ve stop partying. The only thing I could think of was the millions or billions of dollar that I, Im Jae Bum was going to own.
                     I was ready to open the door to my car when my phone begin to ring.
                     “Hello?”
                     “Jaebummie? It’s Mom. Meet me at the our hotel’s restaurant, your soon to be wife and mother-in-law is here.”
                     I hung up and smile, “Seems interesting”