Inexorable

Can't You Ever See?

Krystal Pov

A week has passed since the deal between Amber and me. I'm surprised that she lasted this long I say lasted because it was three minuets and she was nowhere to be found . I had to admit in this past week she was very diligent but I couldn't tell if it was just because of the money or she actually liked it. I looked at the clock just 15 seconds. I gave a proudful smirk to myself  until I heard a chair being moved against the ground just as the bell sounded.

"Isn't today a great day to learn , better yet get paid for doing what every other student is" She said in that taunting voice she always uses on me I hated it so much and no matter what response I had for her she would always keep that appalling smirk on her face or as others saw it appealing.

"Whatever, if you keep up with the same routine you had today your day's won't be so great anymore" I replied lazily her mockings were getting old but that didn't make them any less irritating to me.

"You're right" I was almost about to have peace and quiet until she finished her sentence "They'll be awesome" I took a deep breath to calm myself down from these daily antics she pulled I just wanted things to be simple show up to school and tutoring and I'll pay you not show up and do everything possible to annoy me. She made it like some kind of game like she wanted to make me regret my words which I will never do I have already given her enough satisfaction over me.

"Just please shut up Amber all you're efforts are going to waste" I said so she'll stop taunting me the teacher walked in after our brief daily bicker moment and I opened my notebook ready for the day to begin. "And will you at least take out your notebook so you can pretend you care about your grades." I know she had some witty response to that but I blocked her out and focused my attention on the teacher. I wish he would of kept Sulli next to me even though we bickered just as much we both knew that we love each other with Amber she would tease me all during the day but as soon as we were alone with me tutoring her she was silent the only words she would say would be in regard to whatever work we were doing there was never small talk and I still haven't forgot about that whole event at the hotel why was there and why were her looks altered. I never asked her about it since that day as it seemed like a serious matter and we weren't even close enough to ask each how the other latter's day went.

I was now in theater the class I had before lunch and I spotted Luna I was sure she was a close friend of Amber's as I often saw them arrive to school together I sat next to her on the stage as she was warming up her voice.

"Wow Luna I still get amazed from the voice you have" She laughed as she greeted me we actually talked quite often so me talking to her wouldn't be of anything different.

"Many people are still enlightened by your sweet angelic voice" She gave back the same praise to me.

"Do you think you're ready for a lead?"I asked as we had a showcase and we all agreed that Luna would fit most.

"I'm nervous but I'll do my best"She smiled and that's something I envied of her no matter what problems she was encountering she would smile and say she overcome it while I would mask it and say I'll be fine. I wasn't the most liked person in this school but the reasons weren't good She seems cold timid was a better word to use I have always shy'd away from things that made me feel uncomfortable. She's rude at times I have been rude but it's only after people already see me a certain way before knowing me which angered me. She always has a face I always seem bored when I'm not laughing or smiling I can't change the way I look and even if I could I wouldn't because I like being me.

"I know you will Luna you never disappoint" I replied encouraging her before she put down her script to look at me.

"I just want to thank you Krystal for making Amber more serious about her studies I've been trying forever" I shook my hands not wanting to take credit. "It's not me it's the money" I lightly joked she joined in with a small laugh.

"I even catch her studying on her phone in the morning on our way here" She stated proudly"Even after this deals ends I think she'll continue to show" After hearing this from Luna it made me wonder why Amber acted the way she did maybe in some ways we were people created an image of us before knowing us and we just decided to go with it.

"Maybe I should just stop paying her now?" I joked again Luna simply nodded with a smile on her face understanding I didn't want to take credit. Noticing the other students of theater moving around we decided to do the same before rehearsing .

 

 The bell rung signaling it was lunch time I took my phone out as the other students flooded out the theater to meet up with their friends. I grabbed my things as I started to walking Luna appeared in front of me.

"Hey Krystal, Sulli is sitting with us today you should too" Noticing my hesitation she stopped my thoughts "Don't worry I'll keep a grip on Amber" I relaxed some after hearing those words and felt a more at ease knowing that Sulli would be there I took a deep breath. "Okay" I answered giving a small smile.

We arrived at the table and I already recognized everyone already since I've set here several times before but without the presence of Amber. I bowed to be respectful before taking my seat next to Sulli and Luna followed I looked to be greeted with a pair of eyes I didn't want to see.

"Hey there Krystal" I could already sense the teasing voice and I refused to let her ruin my good day. I gave a low mumble of words that could be translated to a hey stupid. I pulled out my phone after hearing the tone and saw it was a message and I instantly read her message.

Jessica Unnie 

Guess who's back in town Soojungie~

I had to cover my mouth to stop my gasp from escaping my mouth. I reacted like this because Jessica Unnie had been gone for 3 months in Paris for a shoot in her upcoming movie and we barely had time to talk with our schedules addition to that the time difference.

Krystal

Unnie!!! when are we meeting  up?

Jessica

We can meet up after school and bring along that person I'm writing a paycheck to weekly

I should of known this would happen sooner or later, My parents nor me were paying Amber it was Jessica. I simply couldn't without causing suspicion and asking my parents they would tell me to just let it go so my last option was Jessica.

Krystal

But why Unnie she's not important and I want to spend time with you before everyone knows you're back

I really didn't want Amber to come because she would just be silent or annoy me and Jessica Unnie wouldn't be as nice as me.

Jessica

I can stop sending you money at any point you know?

    I can't believe she used that against me after agreeing with her I put down my phone and started to enjoy my food.

"We're not doing tutoring today" I didn't look at her but she knew I was talking to her.

"Then what are we doing?" She asked looking at me breaking away her conversation with Key and Ailee

"Meeting my sister" I said before finishing my juice.

"I'm not doing that" She immediately responded turning her attention to her phone.

"Don't worry you'll still be getting paid and either way you're going to end up seeing her"

Lunch ended and we all our separate ways and I couldn't wait for the school day to end to spend quality time with my sister

 

Amber Pov

"Yah Key tell her I'm always in Gangseo" I said after Ailee wouldn't believe I traveled around quite often

"It's true" he responded taking my side"A lot of people see her as a promoter in the night life"

I gave a high five to Key as Ailee just shook her head ending the topic , I was about to poke Ailee until Krystal told me that we were meeting her sister. I never expected her to say that why would Jessica want to see me? does she know I'm with her sister? Even though I was having all these thoughts my expression remained calm as I kept trying to deny her request. If I kept denying she would suspect something so I finally gave in. Maybe Jessica won't even say anything I texted Hyuk and Yoona to let them know of the situation and they had no advice for me Great.

 

No one Pov

​School ended with Krystal and Amber having very different reactions. Krystal couldn't wait while Amber was dreading it they met up with each other as they made their way to the cafe Jessica wanted to meet at. The two walked in as soon as the light brunette girl was spotted Krystal ran over to her embracing her while Amber gladly took her time over there.

"Unnie you're getting shorter" Krystal said 

"You're just getting taller Soojungie" Jessica replied as Amber just awkwardly stood behind the two. Jessica diverted her attention to the tomboy"Ah you must be the Amber Krystal here is trying to change" She said with a smile but Amber knew that smile all too well"

"That's me" Amber replied taking her seat she knew Jessica had something up her sleeve and had no choice but to anticipate it

"Unnie enough about her tell me how it was in Paris" Krystal eagerly asked taking the attention away from Amber which Amber gladly thanked her for.

"I can tell you later Soojung now Amber how did you two get here"

"Bus" Amber replied trying to see what Jessica's motive was.

"Really? you didn't try to drift in it did you?" Krystal eyed the other two people after that odd question was asked

"No" Amber replied after clearing "Why would I do that I'm just a passenger"

"If I remember correctly you were hardly ever a passenger right Amber or should I say M?"

"Wait!" Krystal threw her hands out "She's the M you use to race with?"

Amber let her head fall back as the past of her and Jessica was soon to be rediscovered she thought to herself Easy money. She could only scoff at those words now.



The introduction of Jessica has now arrived, I thought it was time to start putting some detail in this fic

​Also I would to thank everyone who subscribed since on my both my stories I have reached over 90 so I thank all of you for following this story there should be another update within the next two days since I all of have to do is type it