chapter 9.

please ... don't forget 'us'

Hello. I hope you enjoy this update :) It's been a while ... I'm not too confident on the ending of this chapter :S
Next chapter is going to be the last one so please look foreword to that! ^^
Please enjoy this chapter and enjoy the second last chapter of this fan fic ^^ 

_____________________________________

December 31st, 2011.

Yesung sat the café in the morning and stared blankly at his hot chocolate. He knew that today was the day that Donghae made his decision. It was a cold, wet and rainy morning in Seoul. Why am I scared that he won’t accept me? Why does it feel like I am being a burden to him? Why? Why? Why? Yesung thought, ruffling his hair. He looked out of the window and saw couples, holding hands and being lovey-dovey. He sighed and drank a little bit more of his hot chocolate. He got up and left the café. He decided to go back home and get ready for what he was going to do for the New Years Eve celebrations.

Donghae sat at his kitchen table, thinking. He was thinking about Yesung. He looked at the clock and sighed. A few more hours until I have to tell him how I feel. Donghae ruffled his hands through his hair and sighed. He got up from his chair and walked to his room. He sat at the edge of his bed and thought hard. He thought about what he did when Yesung wasn’t in Korea. He thought about how rude he was to Yesung in the email. He thought about his short relationship with Eunhyuk. He fell back on his bed. “Why does it have to be today?” he sighed. He groaned when his phone vibrated on the bed. Who is it now?

Eunhyuk, Siwon, Sungmin, Donghae and Leeteuk sat at the café. “So, why exactly am I here?” Donghae asked, sitting on the other side of the table from the others. “Well, we planned something.” Eunhyuk began. Donghae looked at Leeteuk. “You planned something?” he asked. Leeteuk nodded. “Yeah. It’s for tonight’s celebrations.” Leeteuk explained briefly. Donghae gulped. “Tonight?” Donghae asked. The others noticed that Donghae had gotten nervous. Leeteuk sighed. “We are taking tonight not only as a New Years Eve celebration but also as Yesung’s comeback celebration.” He explained. Donghae’s mouth fell open and so did his eyes. “We know he is back, Donghae.” Siwon said. Donghae sighed. “How?” he asked. “Remember yesterday when I came to your house to borrow something?” Sungmin asked. Donghae nodded. “Well, while you were getting it, I saw Yesung’s jacket on one of the couches.” Sungmin explained. Donghae sighed. “It’s not what you think. We didn’t-“”How come he came to you first?” Leeteuk asked. Donghae began to feel nervous and mad. “I didn’t plan it. He just came to my house unexpectedly. He was cold and, and, and wet so I let him have a shower.” Donghae explained, stuttering. “I swear; we didn’t have . I’m being honest.” Donghae said truthfully. Eunhyuk sighed. “Just come to this address tonight. That’s where we are having the party.” Leeteuk said, handing Donghae a piece of paper. “We’ll see you there. Let’s go.” he mumbled, leaving Donghae alone at the café. He watched as they left and sighed. “He just changed the subject completely.” He mumbled.  

Yesung got out of the shower, wrapped his towel around his body and walked straight to his wardrobe. He got out a white shirt and put it on. He put on his pants and buttoned up his shirt. He sat on his bed, sighing. He looked at the time and gulped. I’m so nervous. He stretched out his arms and cracked his knuckles. He put his shoes on and went straight to his car. His heart continuously pounded in his chest. He began to drive to the city. His hands clenched tightly onto the wheel. He felt tears roll down his face but he wiped them away. “Ah, why am I crying? I shouldn’t be like this already.” He sighed. He didn’t pay attention but he was at the location. He let out a big sigh. “It’s time.”

Donghae and the others were already at the party. Most of them were having fun but Donghae, he wasn’t. He was too busy thinking and thinking about Yesung and how he should tell him. He sat at a table, watching the others have fun. “Hey.” Eunhyuk greeted, giving him a drink. “Eunhyuk, go away.” Donghae sighed, shoving the drink away from him. Eunhyuk sat down next to him. “Dude, this is new years eve! You’re not supposed to be depressed on-“”I’m not depressed.” Donghae interrupted. “Then what are you?” Eunhyuk asked. “I’m just over thinking this.” Donghae mumbled. “What are you over thinking? What you have to say to Yesung?” Eunhyuk asked. Donghae nodded. “Yeah, I guess you could say that.” Donghae mumbled. Eunhyuk sighed. “Donghae, New Years Eve is supposed to be a time to say goodbye to the past year and say hello to the New Year! Not to be sad and thinking about relationships and . You either have fun or you leave.” Eunhyuk explained, annoyed. Donghae sighed and got up. “I guess I’ll leave then.” Eunhyuk groaned. “I was being sarcastic.”

Yesung walked into the building and sighed. He walked straight to the reception. “Can you tell me where-“”Yesung?” Sungmin asked, walking towards him. Yesung looked at Sungmin, shocked. “Hey.” He mumbled. Sungmin smiled. “How long have you been in Korea for?” Sungmin asked. “A while.” Yesung mumbled again. “Donghae’s going to be so happy.” Sungmin sighed, putting his arm around Yesung. “I can tell you that he hasn’t been happy for a long time.” Sungmin explained. Yesung nodded. Trust me, I know. It’s all because of me. “Come to the party, everyone will be happy to see you again. It’s just us and a few females. Don’t worry.” Sungmin said. Yesung sighed. “Sure, I’ll come.” He mumbled. Sungmin lead Yesung into the rooftop. He dragged him to the other members. “Guys, look who I found in the hotel lobby.” Sungmin announced. The group looked into Sungmin’s direction. Yesung walked from behind Sungmin and sighed. “Hey guys.” He mumbled, staring at the floor. “Yesung!” they celebrated, hugging him. “This party just got more entertaining.” Leeteuk celebrated.

Donghae looked at the little shot cups that were in front of him. He sighed. I knew I should have left instead of drowning myself in alcohol. Eunhyuk sat next to him, watching. “Donghae, are you okay?” Eunhyuk asked, sounding concerned. Donghae scoffed. “Ever since Yesung left, I have been nothing but a stupid man.” Donghae mumbled, pouring another drink of wine. “I think you should stop drinking.” Eunhyuk said, taking away the wine bottle from him. All Donghae could think about was Yesung. His head hit the table. He began to cry. Eunhyuk looked at him, concerned. “Donghae, I really think you should go home. I’ll take you home.” Eunhyuk complained, trying his hardest to stop him. Donghae looked at him. “No. I want to stay here and celebrate by drinking more.” Eunhyuk sighed. “I really don’t think you should be doing this.”

Yesung sat alone, staring at the city lights. He thought back to how easy life was when he was in China with Zhou Mi and Henry. “I hope you guys are doing well. Happy new year.” He smiled. Yesung dropped his head. “You guys seriously don’t know how much I want to be back in China. I don’t even think Donghae wants to talk to me.” Yesung sighed. He realised he was still holding the wine that Siwon had given him. He sighed and put down the glass, stoping himself from drinking. He got out his phone and looked at the picture that he took with Henry and Zhou Mi before he left. “I miss you guys.” He sighed. He held back his tears before turning around and looking into the crowd. He sighed when he saw Donghae and Eunhyuk. “I hope he is okay.” He mumbled.

As Eunhyuk tried stopping Donghae from drinking, Eunhyuk looked around and made contact with Yesung. He motioned his hand toward himself, telling him to come and help him. Yesung sighed and nodded. “Eunhyuk, where is Yesung?” Donghae asked. “He is coming.” Eunhyuk answered. “I need to tell him that I love him and want him back.” Donghae slurred, beginning to come back to his senses. Yesung’s heart stopped hearing Donghae say that. “Donghae.” Yesung gasped. Donghae blinked and looked at Yesung and he gulped. “I’ll leave you two alone.” Eunhyuk mumbled, slowly walking away. “Yesung, you-you didn’t hear that did you?” he asked. Yesung gulped and nodded. “Yeah, I did.” He answered, biting the insides of his cheeks. Donghae sighed. “This wasn’t the way I was going to tell you.” He muttered. Yesung nodded. “Listen, since you are slowly getting to your senses, can we go somewhere and talk about… this?” Yesung asked. Donghae gulped and nodded. “Sure. That’ll be a good idea.”

Yesung and Donghae sat at the first set of stairs leading down from the rooftop. Yesung gulped before talking. “Listen, about the other night, I’m sorry. I was just desperate to see you.” Yesung apologized. Donghae nodded. “I understand.” Donghae tried smiling. Yesung sighed. “And about your answer …” Yesung trailed off. “You already heard it, didn’t you?” Donghae asked. Yesung clenched both of his hands together and nodded. “Can you tell me again? The way you wanted to.” He begged. Donghae nodded. He stood up and looked at Yesung. “Yesung, I’ve done a lot of thinking about all of this. I’ve thought about everything. When you left, I turned out into a complete jerk. I was mean and rude to people, there were a lot of times when I found myself getting angry at the people I cared most for and I dated Eunhyuk for a little bit. When you came into my house on that rainy day, it broke my heart, seeing you in that state. When you asked me that question, I felt terrible. I thought I knew that my feelings were gone but while I was thinking about you and how I would tell you my answer, they changed.” Donghae stopped talking, alarming Yesung. “Keep going.” Yesung begged. Donghae gulped. “Yesung, I’ve always loved you. I’ve loved you since the very first day I met you. I always have, always will. Yesung, you mean the world to-“Yesung got up and kissed Donghae.

Yesung looked at Donghae and sighed. “So I guess we are together now.” Yesung said awkwardly. Donghae smiled and nodded. He intertwined his hands with Yesung’s and he looked at him. “I guess we are.” Donghae continued to smile. “Guys!! Hurry! The countdown is about to start!” Eunhyuk yelled, alarming the two of them. Donghae stood up and sighed. “Well, I guess we better get back.” Donghae said. Yesung shook his head. “We can watch the fireworks from here.” He said, pointing to the window that was across the hall from the stairs. Donghae smiled at Yesung and nodded. “The window is big enough.” The two of them walked to the window, their hands were still intertwined. They could hear the countdown from the roof. “5.” Yesung began, looking at Donghae. “4.” Donghae joined. “3.” “2.” “1.” The fireworks struck and Donghae and Yesung had their New Years Eve kiss. “Happy new year, Donghae.” Yesung smiled. “Happy new year to you too, Yesung.”