chapter 2

please ... don't forget 'us'

 

May 22nd, 2010
Donghae sat at his computer and waited for Yesung. “Maybe I’m too early…” he mumbled as he grew impatient and nervous. Yesung woke up and heard the beeping of the Skype call coming from his computer. Every Tuesday morning, Wednesday afternoon and Saturday night, the two of them would Skype for hours. Yesung got out of his bed and saw Donghae waiting on the other end. “Hey baby.” Yesung smiled. Donghae smiled and waved. “How is my turtle going?” Donghae giggled. Yesung nodded. “Turtle is good. How is my little fishy doing?” Yesung asked. Donghae nodded. “Just always happy to talk to my boyfriend.” He said, making a heart sign with his hands. Yesung put his elbow on the desk and rested his head on his hand and gazed at Donghae. Donghae sighed. “Yesung, there is something I need to discuss with you.” Donghae swallowed. Donghae didn’t know it but Yesung was clenching his fists, tightly.

“Yesung, I can’t handle the long distant relationship anymore.” Donghae stated. Yesung looked down from the screen and tried not to cry. “I’ve been stressed out and worried. Even our friends have noticed. Eunhyuk convinced-“”Eunhyuk. He convinced you to break up with me?” Yesung asked, feeling betrayed. Donghae shed a tear. “Yesung, it’s for the best.” Donghae mumbled. Yesung showed his face and he was crying. “It’s not. Donghae, it’s not. You are the world to me. I miss you everyday.” Yesung said. Donghae sighed. “It’s not helping Yesung.” Donghae said. They both stayed silent… no words were mentioned… sadness filled the air. “Are you going to say anything or are we just going to stare at each other?” Donghae asked. Yesung said nothing. He was sad and at the sound of Donghae’s voice, his heart shattered. “If you are just going to cry and say nothing, I guess this is the end.” Yesung cried even more. “Don’t go … Donghae.” He mumbled. Donghae looked at Yesung and sighed. “Bye … Yesung.” Donghae said, logging off and logging out of Donghae’s life forever.

Yesung still sat at the computer, staring at Donghae’s username. His hand touched the screen. “I miss you … already.” Yesung cried. Donghae put his hands through his hair and sighed. “I feel stupid now!” he yelled. Eunhyuk entered the door and saw Donghae sitting at the black screen of the computer. “Hey man, are you okay?” he asked, patting him on the shoulder. Donghae looked at him. “Does it look like I am fine?” he asked. Eunhyuk shook his head. “It doesn’t.” he mumbled. “I broke up with Yesung.” Donghae sighed. Eunhyuk scanned the room and sighed. “All because of the long distance thing and the way you convinced me to do it!” Donghae complained.

Eunhyuk and Donghae went jogging together in the early hours of the morning. “So, how is Yesung? Have you spoken to him lately?” Eunhyuk asked. Donghae nodded. They stopped at an entrance to the park. It was silence between the two of them. They were catching their breaths. “You should break up with Yesung.” Eunhyuk spoke. Donghae looked at him, confused. “Give me a good reason why I should.” Donghae demanded. Eunhyuk sighed. “I’m getting worried for you.” Eunhyuk muttered. Donghae continued looking at Eunhyuk. “I mean, your schedule is messed up because you’re trying to fit in Yesung’s video calls all the time!” Eunhyuk complained. Donghae’s heart nearly broke. There was a moment of silence. “You know what, I think you’re right. I should break up with Yesung… this thing is driving me crazy.” Eunhyuk looked at Donghae, shocked. “You are going to break up with him?” he asked. Donghae nodded. “Tomorrow… I’ll do it.” He mumbled.

Donghae sat in his bed, thinking. “What if Yesung doesn’t speak to me ever again?” he asked himself. “What if he has a person in his life already that he found in China and who he loves?” Donghae blinked a few times and glanced at his laptop. “I was the one who broke up with him… I wonder how he is doing.” Donghae mumbled. He walked to his laptop and opened it. He went through the photos he had of Yesung and him. Each photo made him smile … and made his heart break a little. Even though I broke up with you… I miss you… a lot then I usually did before. “Would it be bad to video call him?” Donghae shook his head. “Bad idea, he is probably sleeping.”

Yesung’s eyes were swollen and his throat was killing him. He cried for three hours straight then sang to get his mind of Donghae but it didn’t work. “I need to tell him I miss him.” He said. He sat on his couch with his laptop and went straight to Skype. He looked at his contacts and saw Donghae was online. Yesung sighed and nodded. “It’s time.” He mumbled. His hands went on the key board and he started to write.

Shfly3424: Donghae… It’s Yesung… as you can probably tell. I’m not here saying things like I hate you or anything so don’t worry. I understand that you broke up with me because of the long distance relationship thing… that’s completely understandable. The thing is … why did you want to in the first place? You told me that Eunhyuk convinced you to break up with me… it got me mad, knowing that he did that. Ever since I went away from you, I finally figured out how much I needed you in my life and how much you really meant to me… but you don’t see it, do you? You don’t see how much I’m hurting and how many times I cry. Even my friends, Zhou Mi and Henry know how much my heart has been torn… but you don’t. I just have one last thing to mention… I miss you … do you miss me?

-To be continued.