Chapter 4

please ... don't forget 'us'

 

May 15th, 2011.

“Siwon, I need your advice on something.” Eunhyuk said, sitting next to him. Siwon looked up. “What is it?” he asked, taking a bite of his cookie. “I need advice on how to confess to someone.” Eunhyuk blurted. Siwon raised his eye brow. “Say, the person you need to confess to … Is it Donghae?” Siwon asked. Eunhyuk swallowed and nodded. “Yeah. It is Donghae.” Eunhyuk said, smiling at his name. Siwon shrugged. “I’ve never confessed to a guy before… I guess, just say what your heart tells you?” Siwon said. Eunhyuk wasn’t too impressed with the advice he gave him. “Isn’t confessing the same no matter who you like?” Eunhyuk asked. Siwon shrugged. “I don’t know… like I said, I’ve never confessed to a guy before.” Siwon said. Eunhyuk nodded. “Well, thanks for your help anyway… I’m going to go search up how to confess on the internet.” Eunhyuk said, patting Siwon on the shoulder then leaving. “That doesn’t give you a reason to look at !” Siwon warned. Eunhyuk turned. “Trust me, I won’t look into your secret stash.” He smiled then turned back and walked.

Eunhyuk sat at the computer, looking at websites. “Hey, what are you looking at?” Donghae asked as he walked and saw Eunhyuk sitting at the computer. Eunhyuk exited it and turned to look at Donghae. “What are you doing here?” he asked. Donghae looked around. “This is an internet café… what do you think I’m here for?” He asked, sitting down next to him. Eunhyuk shut down his computer. Donghae looked at Eunhyuk’s actions. “Hey, are you okay?” he asked, putting his hand on Eunhyuk’s arm. Eunhyuk’s heart raced, causing him to blush. Eunhyuk cleared his throat. “I’m fine… I need to go now.” He said, getting up. Donghae watched as Eunhyuk left. “That boy is strange.”

“Hey guys, meet my girlfriend, Victoria.” Zhou Mi said, showing off his girlfriend. Henry and Yesung looked at the two of them. “Since when did you get a girlfriend?” Yesung asked. Zhou Mi shot a look at Yesung. “Nice one, Yesung.” Henry whispered. “Thanks.” The two of them fist pumped. Victoria giggled. “These must be your friends, Zhou Mi.” she said. Zhou Mi blushed. “Yeah… I would tell them more about us if they payed attention.” He said, raising his voice on the last few words. Yesung and Henry looked at him. Zhou Mi looks happier than he did before. Victoria must be doing a good job. If only Donghae … stop thinking about him, Yesung. That was a year ago. You’re over him… at least I think I am. “So, how long have you two been together?” Yesung asked. “March.” Victoria smiled. “Congratulations.” Yesung smiled. “Wait, you had a girlfriend since last March and didn’t tell us?” Henry asked, surprised. Zhou Mi nodded. “I guess I didn’t want to spring it up while Yesung was still trying to get over Donghae.”  He said. Yesung looked at him. “It doesn’t matter… it’s been 6 months, I’m fine.” Yesung lied. “Yesung, can I talk to you for a minute?” Henry asked. Yesung nodded.

“Are you sure you are fine about Donghae?” Henry asked. Yesung smiled. “Of course. It’s been a year … I’m already over him… deep down, I’m hurt a lot but I’ve learned to not show it. I know Donghae has gotten someone who is much better than me… someone who is willing to save everything for him and make him happy… do everything I couldn’t.” Yesung said. He felt a tear roll down his cheek. Henry sighed. “So you decided to stay here and let Donghae take the upper hand?”  Henry asked. Yesung looked at the ground. “You still remember that?” Henry nodded. “If you saw how mad he got at me in that letter, I wouldn’t go back.” Yesung said. Henry sighed. “Am I aloud to see the message?” Henry asked. Yesung nodded. “Come to my house after this afternoon’s lesson and I’ll show you.” Yesung said. Henry was confused. “Why can’t you show me here now?” he asked. “I used Skype to talk to him… you can’t get Skype on the phone… and it’s blocked here.” Yesung explained. Henry looked at Zhou Mi and Victoria then back at Yesung. “I’ll come.”

Donghae was in his house, watching TV. He was bored and he had nothing to do so he decided to spend his time watching TV. He wasn’t paying attention to the show at all; all he could think of was how Eunhyuk was acting earlier. It confused him and shocked him at the same. The way he acted reminded him of Yesung but he didn’t know the reason why. Was it the way that Eunhyuk blushed when he asked him if he was alright? Donghae just couldn’t comprehend what it was. “He doesn’t … have a crush on me does he?” he asked. As he thought about it; debating if it was true or not, a knock placed Donghae back into reality. He got up from the couch and answered it. “Oh, Eunhyuk… what are you doing here?” he asked, shocked. Eunhyuk sighed. “There is something you should know. Can I come in?” he asked. Donghae nodded and opened the door wider so Eunhyuk could walk in. “What is it?”

Donghae and Eunhyuk sat in the lounge room and it was awkward. Donghae was curious about what Eunhyuk had to tell him. “Are you going to say it?” he asked. Eunhyuk’s heart raced. “I – I think … I … I have been having these thoughts.” Eunhyuk started. Donghae looked around. “Thoughts… about what?” he asked. “I’ve been having these thoughts about this particular person over the past year.” Eunhyuk added. “And this person broke up with someone about the same time I began to have feelings for that person.” He explained further. “How harsh was the breakup on her?” Donghae asked. Eunhyuk swallowed and sighed. “It’s not a girl… it’s a guy.” Eunhyuk spat out. Donghae looked at Eunhyuk, shocked. Maybe he does have feelings for me. Donghae was lost for words. “So, the person you like… broke up with this girl?” Donghae asked. Eunhyuk sighed again. “He broke up with a … guy.” Eunhyuk said, shamelessly. “Eunhyuk … does the person you like … happen to be me?” Donghae asked. Eunhyuk nodded. “It’s you who I’m in love with.”

Donghae felt a huge weight being put on his shoulders. He didn’t know how to handle the news. “Well?” Eunhyuk asked. Donghae looked up. “Eunhyuk … I … I don’t know what to say.” I feel like my heart still belongs with Yesung but I’m already over him… should I say that? It’ll seem too mean. Eunhyuk sighed and rubbed his hands together. “Should I just give you some time?” Eunhyuk asked, feeling awkward. “No, you shouldn’t give me time… I’ll give you an answer right here, right now.” Donghae said. Eunhyuk nodded. Donghae closed his eyes and sighed. “Your confession … it just came out of nowhere. I’ve been single for a year now and that break up was an extremely difficult time for me and Yesung too. If I were to be your boyfriend, are you willing to stay with me and not go off to some country to study?” Donghae asked. Eunhyuk nodded. “I’ll choose you over anything.” He said. Donghae thought for a little bit. “I have high expectations in relationships. Eunhyuk, you’re special to me … I need to tell you that … when I wasn’t with Yesung, I thought that I liked you … which I did … this is hard.” Donghae tried explaining. “You used to like me before you were with Yesung?” Eunhyuk asked. Donghae nodded. “But… I feel like my heart, in some way, still belongs to Yesung.” Donghae finished. “But you were the one who broke up with him… you can’t say you still feel the same for him.” Eunhyuk said. Donghae sighed. “I know I broke up with him and I act like I’m over him but I still think about him… a lot.” Eunhyuk got up from the couch. “I’ll let you think about it.” He said, leaving the house. Donghae looked at him. “Eunhyuk, wait!” Donghae said. Eunhyuk turned around. Donghae ran up to Eunhyuk and kissed him. “Just because I still think about Yesung… doesn’t mean I still love him.”

“Hey man, we still going to your apartment?” Henry asked. Yesung nodded. “Yeah, come on, we’ll go now.” He said. “Zhou Mi, we are going now, okay?” Henry said to him. Zhou Mi nodded. “See you guys tomorrow.” Henry and Yesung walked out and caught the bus together. After a few minutes, they were at Yesung’s apartment complex. “My apartment is at the very top, so there might be a little bit of a wait.” Yesung warned. “Henry nodded. “It’s alright.” Yesung pressed the button and waited for the elevator to arrive. “It’s normal really quiet at this time.” Yesung said. They both stepped into the elevator and waited to reach the level. “How many levels does this apartment?” Henry asked, scanning the numbers. “50.” Yesung said. “How did you manage to get the very top?” Henry asked. Yesung shrugged. “No idea. I just got it.” The elevator stopped at level 50 and they both stepped out. Yesung’s apartment was placed at the end of the hallway. Yesung unlocked the door and opened it so Henry could go in first.

“Nice apartment.” Henry said, looking around. Yesung smiled. “Thanks.” He replied. Yesung sat at the computer and logged onto Skype. He scrolled at the way to Donghae’s name and clicked on it. “Henry, here is the entire conversation.” Yesung presented. Henry walked to the computer and read the conversation. Yesung’s mind got filled with memories of the day. He knew he couldn’t get rid of them. Henry patted Yesung’s shoulder. “Man, that’s harsh.” Henry said. Yesung nodded. “Yeah.” He mumbled. “I’ve broken up with people before but I’ve never seen anything so harsh like this. Especially when he said he didn’t miss you.” Henry said. Yesung sighed. “Are you still going to let him take the upper hand?” Henry asked. Yesung nodded. “What’s the point? He probably has someone new in his life already and he has probably forgotten about me.” Yesung said. Henry sat down next to Yesung. “Yesung, you are seriously going to let him win?” Henry asked. Yesung swallowed. “I’ve already lost him.” Yesung said. Henry sighed. “You have got to stop doing this to yourself. If you want him back… do what Zhou Mi said… go to back to Korea and … get his love back!  Do it, it'll make everything better for you.” Henry said. Yesung blinked. “You’re right. I should go back to Korea! To win Donghae back and make things better.” Yesung said. Henry clapped. “That’s the Yesung I know!” Henry cheered. “I’m going back to Korea.”