Chapter 8

please ... don't forget 'us'

 

December 28th

Donghae stood at the door, trying to figure out what just happened. Yesung was on his knees, shivering. “Yesung… what … what are you doing here?” Donghae asked. “I don’t know.” Yesung mumbled. Donghae’s heart broke seeing Yesung like this. Donghae swallowed. “Come inside.” Donghae offered. Yesung looked up. “Come inside before you freeze to death.” Donghae said, helping Yesung up. Donghae slowly lead Yesung inside his house and sat him down on the couch. “I’ll get you some blankets.” Donghae said, turning on the heater full blast. Yesung still shivered. He looked around from the couch and saw that so much has changed. Our pictures used to stand right there… they are gone now, aren’t they? Yesung thought, gazing at the coffee table that had three magazines and a popcorn bowel on it. Donghae walked back to Yesung, holding three blankets. “Lay down.” Donghae demanded. Yesung looked at Donghae. “What about my wet clothes?” he asked. Donghae sighed. “You remember where the shower is, don’t you?” Donghae asked. “You did stay here a few times, remember?” Yesung swallowed and nodded. “Y-yeah… of course.” Yesung said, getting up slowly.

Donghae sat at the kitchen table and sighed. Questions were going through his head like what is he doing here? Why isn’t he still in China? Why did he see me first? Why is he like this? Donghae shook his head. “This doesn’t make sense. I thought he would have hated me when I broke up with him.” He sat back on the couch and ruffled his hair. Yesung sat against the wall after his shower and sighed. “I have no idea how I’m going to face him now. It was my mistake to come here in the first place.” He mumbled, ruffling his hair. He got up and sighed. He opened the door and walked back to the living room. “I think I’ll go back home.” Yesung mumbled. Donghae looked at Yesung. He sighed. “Before you leave, I have a question to ask you.” Donghae said. Yesung’s heartbeat increased. “W-what is it?” he asked. Donghae sighed. “What are you doing here, back in Korea?” Donghae asked. Yesung sighed. His fists clenched tightly. “It was because …” There were times where I felt like I didn’t need you but now, I need you. Yesung held back the tears as he thought back to that moment. “It’s because … it’s because …” Either go back to Korea and solve the problem or stay here in China, being sad and give Donghae the advantage to find someone new. “I’ll tell you honestly.” Yesung gulped. “The truth is… I only came back because … I missed …” Yesung mumbled. Donghae got up from his couch and looked at him. “Me?” Donghae asked. Yesung gulped and nodded. So much. “You came back to Korea because you missed me?” Donghae asked. Yesung nodded. “I read the letter you left me on Skype.” Yesung mumbled. Donghae looked at Yesung, shocked. “You actually read that?” he asked. Yesung nodded. Donghae sat back onto the couch. Yesung’s eyes filled with tears. “I wasn’t supposed to?”

Donghae looked down at Yesung’s bags and sighed. His heart sank knowing that he was leaving for 5 or more years. “You’re really leaving now.” Donghae said. The two of them stood at the entrance gate of the airplane. Yesung was gripping onto his bag tightly. “Yep.” Yesung mumbled. Donghae bit his lip, trying to hide the tears. Yesung began to cry. “Promise me you won’t forget me?” Yesung asked, holding tightly onto Donghae’s hand. Donghae nodded. The flight attendant was getting annoyed. “Mr. Kim, the airplane is going to leave without you if you don’t board now.” Yesung nodded and looked back at Donghae. “I guess this is goodbye then.” Donghae muttered. Yesung sighed and nodded. “I’ll promise to contact you every day.” Yesung promised. Donghae’s heart warmed. With that, Yesung slipped his hand away from Donghae’s and sighed. “I’ll miss you.” Donghae said, watching his lover walk away from him forever. Yesung shed tears as he walked onto the plane.

“You were supposed to. I sent it to you for a reason.” Donghae explained. “I sent it to you so that you knew how I felt about everything.” Donghae explained further. Yesung sat on the opposite side of the couch. “I felt so stupid when I broke up with you.” Yesung nodded. “Donghae, can I explain something?” Yesung asked. Donghae looked at him and nodded. “After we broke up, all I could think about was you. I was so heartbroken. My Chinese friends noticed it too. They noticed that I wasn’t my usual happy self… instead, I was just this big messed up guy who was heartbroken.” Yesung rambled on. Donghae remained silent. “I thought you hated me. I thought you hated me so much.” Yesung sighed, keeping in his tears. “I thought this for so long that … this happened.” Yesung said, showing his cut marks. Donghae’s eyes widened. “You tried committing suicide?” Donghae asked with a weak voice. Yesung nodded. Donghae leaned foreword and rested his palm on his forehead. “I can’t believe I did this to you.” Donghae mumbled. “I want you back so badly.” Yesung whispered. Donghae looked at Yesung. “I want you back too but … this is too soon.” Donghae explained. “How long do you need to think?” Yesung asked, getting on bended knees. Donghae sighed. “Give me … until new years eve.” Donghae said. Yesung nodded. “I promise that I’ll give you an answer at New Years Eve.” Donghae said, walking toward him and kissing his forehead. Yesung closed his eyes. New Years Eve... New Years Eve… 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
DOUBLE UPDATE ^^ sorry that this chapter is short D: The next one will be long. I promise ^^ 

~SHINeegirl76