chapter 3

please ... don't forget 'us'

 

Shfly3424: Donghae… It’s Yesung… as you can probably tell. I’m not here saying things like I hate you or anything so don’t worry. I understand that you broke up with me because of the long distance relationship thing… that’s completely understandable. The thing is… why did you want to in the first place? You told me that Eunhyuk convinced you to break up with me … it got me mad, knowing that he did that. Ever since I went away from you, I finally figured out how much I needed you in my life and how much you really meant to me… but you don’t see it, do you? You don’t see how much I’m hurting and how many times I cry. Even my friends, Zhou Mi and Henry know how much my heart has been torn … but you don’t. I just have one last thing to mention … I miss you … do you miss me?

Donghae sat at his laptop, shocked. He stared at the note and read it over and over again. He wasn’t sure if he was supposed to be angry, sad or happy. He sighed and blinked. He read the note one last time. Ever since I went away from you, I finally figured out how much I needed you in my life and how much you really meant to me. Donghae was stuck on what to reply back with.

Donghae861015: Yesung… the break up … it was supposed to happen. I couldn’t deal with the broken heart anymore, it was too much. I know how much you hate this… I hate this too but, it was for the best… it was fate for it to happen. Are you stupid? Do you really not think that I would know how you would be feeling? Yesung, get your act together man!! I am hurting too… but I don’t show it, like you do. As for the question, I don’t. I don’t miss you at all…

Donghae’s heart sank as he wrote every single lie. He was being so mean but he couldn’t notice. He re-read the last sentence. As for the question, I don’t. I don’t miss you at all. He knew he was lying to himself and to Yesung and he wasn’t proud of it. He looked at it and sighed. He pressed send. Yesung received the reply and his heart sank. He wasn’t expecting this kind of reply. It seemed so unusual to him that Donghae would sound like this. Yesung continued to read the letter and his eyes turned into waterfalls.

The Next Day:
Yesung went to the collage and waited for Zhou Mi and Henry to arrive. He didn’t want to go but he knew he had to because of the scholarship he got. “Hey man, what’s up?” Henry greeted in English. Yesung sighed. Zhou Mi noticed he was sad. “I think Yesung is sad about something…” Yesung gave Zhou Mi a ‘pissed off’ look. “I’m heartbroken… that’s what I am.” Yesung mumbled. Henry sat next to Yesung and started to rub his back. “Man, it must have been really hard on you.” Henry sighed. Yesung nodded. “You will find a pretty girl-“”Yesung is gay… you doofus.” Henry kicked Zhou Mi in the leg. Zhou Mi rubbed his leg and sat down. “I knew it… I was being sarcastic.” Zhou Mi complained. “So, this Donghae guy broke up with you?” Zhou Mi asked. Yesung nodded. “Yeah… he said he couldn’t deal with the long distance relationship.” Yesung explained. “I hate those things.” Zhou Mi mumbled. “My goodness Zhou Mi shut up and comfort Yesung for goodness sake.” Henry complained. Yesung let out a small giggle. “Thanks guys… I think we need to get to class.”

Donghae was sitting in the café along with Ryeowook, Siwon and Leeteuk. “So, did you all sleep well?” Leeteuk asked, sipping his cup of coffee. Siwon and Ryeowook nodded while Donghae just stared at his phone. Leeteuk noticed and sighed. “Yah, fish! Get off of the phone and talk to us.” He demanded. Donghae looked at Leeteuk. “No.” he said. Ryeowook and Siwon were surprised. “What… did you just say?” Leeteuk asked. Donghae tilted his head to the side. “I said… no.” he said again. Leeteuk slammed his hands on the table, making people look at him. “Leeteuk, what are you doing?” Siwon asked. Leeteuk looked at him. “Leave me the alone Siwon and let me deal with Donghae.” Siwon took his hand off of Leeteuk’s arm and sighed. “We will deal with this later.” Leeteuk sighed as he sat down.

It was lunch time and Yesung was eating with Zhou Mi and Henry … as usual. Henry noticed that he wasn’t eating. “Hey, you have to eat.” Henry begged. “I’m not hungry.” Zhou Mi and Henry sighed at the same time. “Stop saying that! So what? You broke up with your boyfriend … Big ing deal. This is ruining you, Yesung. You seriously need to do something about it. Either go back to Korea and solve the problem or stay here in China, being sad and give Donghae the advantage to find someone new.” Zhou Mi complained. Yesung and Henry stayed silent. Yesung was never told that before. No one has ever told him to fight for his heart to be fixed.

Donghae and Leeteuk were talking to each other, Leeteuk was still quite pissed off that he said no to him. “Leeteuk, I’m sorry.” Donghae spoke up. Leeteuk shot him a look. “You’re sorry? Sorry doesn’t cut it anymore, Donghae!” Leeteuk said. He put his hand out and Donghae looked at it, confused. “Give me your phone.” Leeteuk demanded. Donghae looked around. “Well?” he asked, growing impatient. Donghae sighed and got his phone out and gave it to Leeteuk. “What are you going to do to it?” He asked, scared. “I’m going to check your phone history.” Leeteuk said, scrolling through every little detail. “What? No! You can’t!” Donghae said. Leeteuk’s eyes widened. “Why is there a whole bunch of things from Yesung?” he asked. Donghae looked at the ground. “We … broke up.” He said, sighing. Leeteuk looked at Donghae. “You guys broke up? You guys were perfect-“”It was my fault.” Donghae sighed again. Leeteuk sat next to Donghae and rubbed his back. “I was so mean to him when I broke up with him … I’ve never been that mean to someone before. It’s like; a whole different side of me was showing.” Donghae mumbled. Leeteuk looked at him. “Have you thought about getting back together with him?” Leeteuk asked. Donghae shook his head. “I probably upset him because of the way I was acting.” Donghae rubbed his eyes. “Just … think about getting back together. You guys were perfect for each other. I’m going now.” Leeteuk said. Donghae watched him go. “Bye.”

That night, Yesung sat in his room, thinking about what Zhou Mi said to him earlier. Either go back to Korea and solve the problem or stay here in China, being sad and give Donghae the advantage to find someone new. “Maybe I should… go back to Korea.” He thought. He sighed. “What if he has found someone new already who loves him as much as I did?” He leaned back on his bed and tears fell out of his eyes. “I knew it was wrong to accept and move here… it so much without him. I just wish, I could go back to the old time when we were in love… it was much easier back then.”