Chapter 7

please ... don't forget 'us'

 

December 28th, 2011.

Yesung woke up and his heart ached. Today was the day that he went back to Korea to get things back to normal with Donghae. Everything in his apartment was neatly tidied and ready for the next person who is set to live there. He got out of bed and had a quick shower before he had to leave. As he was in the shower, he was thinking of all the memories that happened while he stayed in China. I’m going to miss this place. He turned off the shower and got changed into clean clothes. As he got dressed, he heard a knock on the door. He quickly put his pants on and ran to the door. He opened it and Henry and Zhou Mi where standing there, with gifts. “Guys, what is this? Don’t you guys know that my plane leaves 3:45pm today?” Yesung asked. Henry sighed. “We have heaps of time. It’s only 12. Put a shirt on before you open the presents.” Henry laughed. Yesung covered his bare chest with his towel and ran to put a shirt on.

Yesung, Henry and Zhou Mi sat on the floor of the apartment. “Since it’s your last day in China, Zhou Mi and I bought you a few presents.” Henry said, handing Yesung the first present. “Open it.” Zhou Mi said. Yesung smiled and unwrapped the present. It was a picture album that was filled with pictures the three of them took over the past three years. Yesung looked through some pictures and it brought a tear to his eye. “This is amazing.” He smiled. “How long did it take for you guys to make this?” he asked. “We actually went to a professional book maker and got this done.” Henry explained. Zhou Mi nodded. “It’s amazing guys.” Yesung said, putting the picture book back into the box. Zhou Mi gave Yesung the next present. “This one is personally from me.” Zhou Mi smiled. Yesung looked at Zhou Mi then went to open the present. He opened it and it was a Chinese to Korean translator book. Yesung poked his tongue at Zhou Mi. “Just in case you forget your Chinese skills while you are back in Korea.” Zhou Mi joked. “Is this your actual present?” Henry asked. Zhou Mi smiled. “Nope, I got you something else.” Zhou Mi joked. He got a present and gave it to Yesung. “It’s three bears. They represent you, me and Henry.” Zhou Mi explained while Yesung opened it. “Zhou Mi, this is amazing. Thank you.” Yesung smiled. “Well, it was the least I could do.” Zhou Mi said, rubbing his neck. “Now, it’s time for mine.” Henry said, handing Yesung his present. Yesung opened it. It was a mix tape CD that the three of them made together. “I remember this.” Yesung laughed. “I also got you a turtle and fish plush toy.” Henry said, giving them to Yesung. Seeing the fish plush toy made Yesung’s heart skip a beat. “Guys, thank you so much for your presents. I will surely treasure them. We will be in contact forever no matter what happens.” Yesung said, gripping tightly onto the fish toy.

Yesung sighed as he put the last suitcase inside the taxi. He looked at Henry and Zhou Mi. “Come here guys.” He said, hugging Henry and Zhou Mi. “I can’t believe we have to say goodbye.” Henry cried. “Guys, I promise I will come and visit… or you guys can come visit me.” Yesung said, wiping his tear. “I don’t think we can… I’d doubt Mr Han will let us go out of China.” Zhou Mi pouted. Henry rubbed Zhou Mi’s back. Yesung couldn’t help but cry. “Guys, we will be friends forever. We will keep in touch, I promise.” Yesung said. Zhou Mi swallowed and Henry sighed. “Promise?” Henry asked. Yesung smiled. “Promise.” Yesung looked at his watch and sighed. “Well, I better get going.” Yesung said. Henry and Zhou Mi nodded. “Be safe.” Henry said. Yesung nodded. He opened the door and went in the car. “I’ll miss you guys so much. Zhou Mi, don’t break up with Victoria, you two are perfect for each other and stop growing. As for you Henry, you’ll find her one day… then you will truly feel what happiness feels like. I promise you.” Yesung closed the door and waved as the car drove away. Henry and Zhou Mi continued to sob as the car drove away. “That’s it… he is really gone.” Henry sighed.

Yesung sat at the airport, waiting for his plane to start boarding. He decided to update his Twitter account. Let’s go to Korea! He put his phone away and decided to sleep for a little bit. As he slept, he had a dream about how Donghae would react when he came back to Korea. “Hey guys, look who I found at the city today!” Sungmin announced as he walked inside with Yesung. Donghae, Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, Siwon and Kyuhyun looked at who had arrived. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae and sighed. Donghae watched as Ryeowook, Siwon and Kyuhyun celebrated Yesung’s return. Donghae sighed and walked up to Yesung. “Can I talk to you for a minute?” he asked, gripping onto Yesung’s arm. Yesung looked at Donghae and nodded. The two of them went outside. “Sit.” He demanded Yesung to sit down. Yesung followed his orders and sat down. “What the hell are you doing back in Korea?” Donghae asked. Yesung swallowed. “My school’s contract ended early. So I decided to come back to Korea.” Yesung said. Donghae rolled his eyes. “What a fake excuse.” Donghae scoffed. Yesung looked at Donghae, feeling heartbroken that Donghae was pissed off. “I was living happier without you in Korea and in my life!” Donghae yelled, slapping Yesung. “H-Hey!” he yelled, rubbing his face. Yesung suddenly woke up when he heard the boarding call for his plane. He got out of his chair, grabbed his suitcase and walked up to the gate. I just hope he doesn’t treat me like when I come back…

Yesung was on the plane, staring into the window. The plane had already taken off and now it was just time to wait. Yesung had his headphones in and tried to distract himself from the things that were happening in the airplane. He stared at the clouds as they passed. He decided to close his eyes and lean back on his chair and sleep.

“Donghae, I’m going to China.” Yesung said, clenching his fists in his jacket sleeves. Donghae looked at him, shocked. “What brought this up?” Donghae asked. Yesung sighed. “I got accepted into the performing arts.” Yesung mumbled. Donghae’s eyes widened. “You got accepted?” Donghae asked, taking a step closer to Yesung. Yesung nodded his head. “I’m sorry.” Yesung said, trying his hardest not to cry. Donghae was silent. He was still trying to take in the news that his boyfriend is leaving him. “After all the things I did for you, you decide to leave me?” Donghae asked, tears filling his eyes. Yesung nodded. “Don’t go” Donghae begged. “I already got accepted… I can’t decline after they already accepted me.” Yesung explained. Donghae sighed. “When do you leave?” Yesung’s heart sunk. “Next month.” Yesung mumbled. Donghae took a step closer. “How long do you have to stay with the college?”  Donghae asked, crying. Yesung swallowed. “Three years.” Yesung mumbled. Donghae stared blankly at Yesung. “Three years? I can’t see you for three years?” Donghae asked. His hands began to shake. Yesung tried holding in his tears. Donghae stepped closer to Yesung, making him stand against the wall. “Yesung, I want to do so many things with you. Things like celebrate our birthdays together, go to different countries together-“”We can still do all of those things.” Yesung interrupted. Donghae stepped back and shook his head. “I’m scared that we won’t be able to.” Donghae whispered. “I’m scared that while you’re in China, you’re going to find someone else who can love you better than me.” Donghae said. “I will never find anyone better than you.” Yesung whispered.

Yesung breathed in the Korean air as he walked out of the airport. He felt so great to be back in Korea. He rode a taxi to his house. I really don’t want to get caught Yesung thought as he sat in the taxi. He clenched his fists tightly as the car approached his house. “We are here” the driver announced. Yesung looked up and saw that they were in front of his house. “Thanks.” Yesung said, giving him money before getting out of the car and getting his language out the back of the car. He looked at his house before entering. It’s been a while, hasn’t it? Yesung unlocked the door and felt cold air hit him. His house has been without a person for three years and everything felt cold. He walked inside with his bags and closed the door behind him. He left his bags at the door and the lights. Everything felt so different and unfamiliar to him. He walked into the living room and saw a picture frame that had Donghae and him in the picture. He looked at the picture and felt his heart break. He picked it up and looked closely at the picture. I thought Eunhyuk would be different but he wasn’t. He couldn’t match up to the standards I have.  “No… I can’t see him. Not after that. I can’t face him.” He gasped as he dropped the picture frame. He looked at the shattered glass that was all over the floor. I finally realized how rude and idiotic I was back then when I wrote that letter. I felt like such a and there were times where I felt like I didn’t need you but now, I need you … a lot. Yesung bent down to the picture and cried. Please come back so we can love each other again. “I don’t think I can’t love you anymore…” He cried.

That evening, Yesung sat in the shower bathtub and cried. The pelting of the water hurt him but he was crying too much to even care. The water camouflaged his tears. “Donghae… I miss you so much …” I can’t handle this, I have to see you. He got out of the shower and walked to the door. What am I thinking? He is probably with Eunhyuk. He shook his head and went to Donghae’s house. The cool air hit Yesung and sent shivers through his body. His teeth began to chatter. He continued to walk to Donghae’s house. His footsteps shuffled as he walked. He saw Donghae’s house in the distance. Almost there. He continued to walk Donghae’s house. As he got closer, his heart pounded in his chest. The snow slowly dropped on his wet, cold, shivering body. He reached Donghae’s house and sighed. “I have … to do … this” he said through chattering teeth. He lifted his shaking hand and painfully knocked on the door. Donghae stopped eating his popcorn. “Who could be coming to my house?” he asked, swallowing the last of his popcorn. He walked to the door and stretched. He opened the door and saw a cold, shivering Yesung. “D-D-D-D-Donghae” Yesung shivered.

___________________________________________________________
*awkward laugh* sorry for making you guys wait so long >.<'' 
Enjoy this chapter :)