Chapter 3

I'm A Little Shy Being By Your Side

 

You arrive back at the dorm and Leeteuk's mouth drops when he sees the big red mark across your face as well as Gongchan's bruised cheek and cut lip.
 
Leeteuk: Yah! Gongchan you've really gone to far this time, hitting a girl.
 
You: Oppa… It's not what it looks like… 
 
Leeteuk: And you?... You left your baby brother with your friend to go off an do what?!
 
Gongchan: Hyung! Drop it would you? She's been through enough today.
 
Leeteuk is surprised by Gongchan's rudeness but realises something serious must have happened.
 
Leeteuk: At least explain why you both look so terrible.
 
Gongchan: You know who she went to see… You know his violent, do you need to ask any more? 
 
You: *don't want to remember*
 
Gongchan: Just go to bed for now… I'll talk with Teukie hyung… Just rest with Hyunwoo.
 
After you leave Gongchan and Leeteuk sit to chat.
 
Leeteuk: Well?
 
Gongchan: When I found her…  I ran to her but before I could get there he slapped her across the face fairly hard… So I hit him back… Then he hit me and I returned another punch and yelled a bit…
 
Leeteuk: What if someone had seen you?! Are you crazy?!
 
Gongchan: So I should let the jerk get away with it?
 
Leeteuk: Aniyo… Just be careful, you're an idol…
 
Gongchan: Anyway.. Kalie is pretty shaken up about it and she told me and admitted finally that she does need help….
 
Leeteuk: Thanks… I guess… For taking care of her… She means a lot to me so thank you…
 
Gongchan: Mmm, it's late I think I'll head off to bed now.
 
Leeteuk: Ah, yehhh, I'll leave now then. 
 
The next day you wake up but you're not in the bed you fell asleep in.  Hyunwoo is no longer by your side either. 
 
You: *look around and rub your eyes* 
 
Gongchan: Oh you're awake?
 
You: Heh…? Wait- What? Omo! *pull the blankets up over yourself*
 
Gongchan:  You're a sleepwalker….
 
You: Aniyo! I've never ever done that before. You brought me here didn't you?! 
 
Gongchan: Don't flatter yourself. 
 
You: Yah! Where's my brother?
 
Gongchan: Eating breakfast…. 
 
You: So this is your room….?
 
Gongchan: Mmm *nods* And you took over my bed last night. I had to sleep on the lounge.
 
You: Yah! I don't sleepwalk!
 
Gongchan: Of course.
 
You storm out of his room and to the table to fix up some breakfast for the members.
 
You: What does everyone want for breakfast? You got my little Hyunwoo something, so is there anything I can get for you?
 
Jinyoung: Aniyo, it's fine. We'll be gone soon anyway.
 
Sanduel: We have a schedule to attend today… Sorry, we'll be back early though *smiling*
 
You: Omo! I can cook dinner for you all *smiling* 
 
CNU: I can't wait ^^
 
A couple of weeks pass and you haven't heard from your ex. Life is finally getting back on track. You've even got the job at B1A4's dorm. It's all going really well for you.
 
You're out with all the guys who you've gotten really close to. It's amazing how friendly and comfortable you all feel so quickly after meeting each other. Living with them has given you a lot of sight into who they are. So you're shopping for some clothing for Hyunwoo. The boys have told you they think he should be a little more fashionable now that he's growing up. You just go along with it (: Of course they're all in caps and sun glasses to hide their identity.
Whilst walking around the shopping centre, you stop all of a sudden,  shocked at what you see ahead of you.
 
Ex: Yah! Kalie!
 
Gongchan looks over and sees him walking up to you at a quickening pace. With no other choice in what to do, seeing as though a brawl would be terrible in public, he takes your hand, pulls you in close and kisses you gently on the lips. You at first push away but realise what he's doing and without realising it, you're lost in the kiss. Before he pulls away he whispers in your ear.
 
Gongchan: Let's get out of here. Hopefully he's starting to get the message you're not his…. Sorry about what I did, I couldn’t think of anything else.
 
You just nod with bright red cheeks to which he giggles at. Before you know it you're hand in hand with Gongchan who is leading you back to his car. When you get back, he takes off straight away and gives Baro a call.
 
Baro: Yah! Where'd you go?! And what'd you do with our Kalie-ah just now!?
 
Gongchan: I'll explain later, just keep and eye on Hyunwoo for me… Bring him home as soon as possible. 
 
Baro: Wae~
 
Gongchan: At least take him from the shops arasso? Just trust me on this one hyung. Take him some where for ice cream. Just don't hang around there.
 
Baro: Mmm arasso, I think I know what's going on. We'll be home sooner or later, we'll just take Hyunwoo to the park or something first. Take care of our little Kalie….
 
Gongchan: I will, trust me.
 
Baro: Oh wait up! 
 
Gongchan: what is it??
 
Baro: We all know you like Kalie-ah…. *laughs* talk to you later~
 
Gongchan goes a dull red when Baro says that. The phone was on loudspeaker on the freehand set so you heard everything.
 
Gongchan: You know that's not true right? About liking you….
 
You: Mmm I know. *a little sad, not sure why*
 
Later when you're at home with Gongchan.
 
You knock on Gongchan's bedroom door.
 
Gongchan: What…?
 
You: Can I come in…?
 
Gongchan: No.
 
You: *upset again* Arasso...
 
Gongchan: Just hurry up if you want something.
 
You open the door a little and peer in cutely.
 
You: I just wanted to say thank you for today… I know you're probably regretting helping me but thanks anyway…
 
Gongchan: *walks over to you at the door* Pabo *close door*
 
You: Yah! I was trying to be nice to you… 
 
Later that night you're talking with Baro over a glass of wine.
 
You: I feel so bad and weird about today…
 
Baro: Wae? What do you mean?
 
You: I mean today when Gongchan kissed me… I know he didn't want to and I feel guilty for liking it.
 
Baro: Bwoh?! So you like Channie….?
 
You: I don't know, I think so… I mean… 
 
Baro: You liked the kiss right?
 
You: *nod embarrassed*
 
Baro: Well tell me how you usually feel when you're with him.
 
You: I don't want to talk about it… I mean it doesn't really matter if I like him or not.
 
Baro: Why wouldn't it matter?
 
You: Because he told me he already likes someone.
 
Baro: Is that a joke?
 
You: Aniyo, he said that to me.
 
Baro: He broke up with his girlfriend a few months ago, there's not been anyone else. He can't be still in love with her… The whole reason he broke it off was because he didn't feel like they connected.  
 
You: Well there's someone you don’t know about then.
 
Baro: Aniyo, my little dongsangie  can't keep secrets or hide things from his hyungs well.
 
Jinyoung walks over with a glass as well.
 
Jinyoung: How's it going over here?
 
You: Mmm, alright.
 
Baro: Gongchan told Kalie-ah he liked someone else…. How could he lie to her like that?
 
You: It’s nota lie.
 
Jinyoung: Aigo, Kalie, if I wasn't sure he liked you, I wouldn't have said anything. It’s so obvious it's not even funny… He really does like you.
 
You: Well I don't believe you… Why would he ever like me? I'm an immature, stupid and ugly girl with a little brother to follow her around *upset but the alcohol is causing all of it*
 
Jinyoung: Kalie it's okay come here *puts and arm around you*
 
A while later Baro goes to get another bottle of wine after you had most of the first. He then calls Gongchan out to the balcony to join you all.
 
You just snuggle up to Jinyoung and hide your face.
 
Baro: I don't think Kalie handles her alcohol too well.
 
You: *stand up* What do you mean by that? 
 
Baro: Maybe you should go to bed, come on I'll take you.
 
You: Yah! I'm not a kid!
 
Gongchan: Why'd you let her drink so much?
 
Baro: I didn't notice…
 
Jinyoung: She was upset so I guess that's why she did it.
 
You: Stop talking about me *slurring your words*
 
Gongchan: Yah! Kalie what on earth do you think you're doing?! You can't  be like this. 
 
You: It doesn't even matter anyway.
 
Gongchan: What about Hyunwoo? Stop being so selfish.
 
You: *really upset* When am I not looking out for him? When can I think about myself? I don't know how to do this, I pretend like I know everything but I don't. *almost in tears and the alcohol is making you all silly*
 
Gongchan: Kalie, you're drunk. I'm not even going to bother with you when you're like this.
 
You: *tearing up* 
 
Jinyoung: *sad that you're sad* 
 
Baro: Kalie, it's time for bed.
 
You: How can I go to bed when Chan oppa hates me?
 
Gongchan: *rolls his eyes*
 
You: Oppa… *hug him and bury your head into his shoulder*
 
Gongchan: *holds you back* I don't hate you *holds tighter* Kalie, I will never hate you but right now you're acting like a an idiot. *lets you go*
 
You: I might have a little brother to take care of but can't someone look after me too? *upset* 
 
Jinyoung: Kalie….
 
Baro: Kalie, we'll all try our best to look after you. We know things are tough…. Rely on us sometimes arasso?
 
You: I'm meant to be looking after you guys though, that's what they pay me for.
 
Baro: Doesn't mean we can't treat you like a little sister. Kalie-ah it's because we like you that we will look after you.
 
Jinyoung: Kalie, you're one of my best friends, we haven't even known each other for very long but  you're so amazing. ^^ I just hope you remember that.
 
You: Mmm *nod*
 
Baro: I know it's not the type of love you want right now but I guarantee you that there's a guy out there just for you.
 
You: I better go to bed… 
 
Jinyoung: Gongchan, take Kalie-ah to bed.
 
You leave the balcony but before Gongchan follows you, Jinyoung holds him back for a second.
 
Jinyoung: Stop forcing yourself to hold your feelings away… Can't you just like her? Can't you tell her and let her know that some one does love her? I know you know she has feelings for you.
 
Gongchan: I won't do that to Kalie… I won't be the one to break her heart. Besides, a guy like me wouldn't stand a chance. She's such a great person.
 
Baro: Wahh, our dongsangie had these kinds of thoughts….?
 
Gongchan: I just know I'll ruin the relationship. It's how I am. I care about Kalie too much to let her get hurt by a jerk like me and she wouldn't go for a jerk like me either.
 
Jinyoung: So you admit you like her?
 
Gongchan: *nods* I like her. I like her very much but I won't be the one to hurt her.
 
Baro: Aish this punk!
 
Gongchan walks off to the room you're staying in with Hyunwoo however Hyunwoo is sleeping with Sanduel tonight and they're already asleep.
 
Gongchan: Hey Kalie… *walks in and stands there with eyes wide open*
 
You: *turn around in your boxer pj shorts and a bra - you're getting changed* Oppa…? *sleepy*
 
Gongchan: *turns to face the door and stands there* Umm, you should put a shirt on.
 
You: Mmm arasso *yawn*
 
Gongchan: I swear I didn't see anything.
 
You: Heh? 
 
Gongchan: Mmm don't worry…. Have you got a shirt on yet?
 
You: Yes~
 
Gongchan: *turns back to see you're sitting sleepily on the edge of the bed, still in your bra and shorts* Aigo, this kid.
 
You: Tuck me innnnn~
 
Gongchan: You're not even dressed properly.
 
You: Yes I am. Just tuck me in.
 
Gongchan pulls the covers back, waits for you to get in then he pulls them up over you.
 
You: God night kiss?
 
Gongchan: *sighs* Aniyo, just go to sleep arasso?
 
You: *pout but fall asleep rather quickly*
 
Before Gongchan leaves the room he gently presses his lips up against yours and whispers good night to your sleeping figure.
 
The next day you walk out early with a headache and a need for water. You didn't realise it but you're still in your bra and shorts from your failed attempt at changing last night. You're drinking a large glass of water when Sanduel, Baro CNU and Jinyoung walk out.
 
Baro: Omo! Kalie!
 
Gongchan walks out to see you. He gets really annoyed that his hyungs are seeing you like this so he walks over to you quickly and wraps his arms around you, covering up your body.
 
You: *surprised* What're you doing?...
 
Gongchan: Yah! Stop looking at her! Just go back to your rooms.
 
The guys scurry back, all totally surprised.
 
You: What're you doing? *push him away*
 
Gongchan: Well unless you want everyone to see you with a pair of shorts and a bra on only then I suggest you thank me and hurry back to your room to get dressed.
 
You: Hmm?...  Omo! *go super red in the face* Yah! Don't look!
 
Gongchan: You didn't have a problem with it last night, you even made me tuck you in dressed like that.
 
You: Aish! *run back to your room and shut the door*
 
The guys come back out and question Gongchan who tells them the whole story.
 
Baro: So you were with her last night and she didn't have any shirt on?
 
Gongchan: She was drunk, don't judge for that. You've done a lot worse…
 
Baro: I'm not judging her…. I'm judging you.
 
Gongchan: Yah! I didn’t do anything but tuck her into bed as she requested.
 
Sanduel: How come we couldn't look but you could?
 
Gongchan: You wanted to look? …. Yah! Are you crazy?! 
 
Sanduel: Aniyo but why are you allowed to see her and only you? 
 
Gongchan: Well that's because… Well you know… Because.
 
Jinyoung: *laughs* He's protective of the girl he loves.
 
Gongchan: Love?
 
Jinyoung: *nods*
 
Gongchan: Don't go spreading rumours again hyung, it's troublesome. 
 
Jinyoung: But just last night you-
 
Gongchan: *death stares Jinyoung*
 
Later on during the day you walk out to get something to drink, you're still embarrassed so you haven't been out since the incident. Jinyoung sees you and strikes up a conversation.
 
Jinyoung: Kalie-ah, where have you been all day?
 
You: In my room…
 
Jinyoung: Waeo?
 
You: *blush* Just because.
 
Jinyoung: The others are out at the moment with Hyunwoo and Gongchan had a schedule… 
 
You: Really?
 
Jinyoung: *nods* Mmm, so don't be embarrassed anymore and come out.
 
You: I'm such an idiot *pouting* I can't believe I did that.
 
Jinyoung: *laughs* It's alright, we all do stupid things.
 
You: Oh, before I forget… Is it okay if I go out tomorrow night?
 
Jinyoung: That's fine with me ^^ Are you taking Hyunwoo?
 
You: Aniyo… It's a date.
 
Jinyoung: Chincha?
 
You: *nods* Mmm, Teuk oppa set me up with guy he knows…
 
Jinyoung: I thought you liked our Channie…?
 
You: There's no point if he'll never like me back… I have to get over that thought. It might seem silly but I want to find that someone to marry as soon as I can. Not only am I a big believer in being happy in love but I need some support for Hyunwoo and myself. I know I'm still really young but it'd me so nice to be married *smiling to yourself* Just the thought of someone loving you back just as much as you love them… Well it's something I've always dreamed of.
 
Jinyoung: So you can't wait for Channie?
 
You: I think I'd be waiting a lot longer than I'll be around for.
 
Jinyoung: Hmm, well I guess if that's how you feel.
 
You: *looking at your phone* Omo! That date is tonight! I have to have a shower and choose what to wear.
 
Jinyoung: Tonight?
 
You: *nods* Neh, I just got a reminder from Teuk.
 
Jinyoung: Well you better have a shower than *smiling*
 
Whilst you're in the shower, Jinyoung calls Gongchan.
 
Gongchan: Yobseo
 
Jinyoung: She's going on a date tonight!
 
Gongchan: Who?
 
Jinyoung: Kalie-ah!  She's going on a date that Teuk hyung set up….
 
Gongchan: Okay…?
 
Jinyoung: You don't care?
 
Gongchan: It's good she's getting out….
 
Jinyoung relays the conversation to Gongchan that you just had with him.
 
Gongchan: She wants to what?!
 
Jinyoung: Get married…
 
Gongchan: She's setting herself up for disappointment…. No guy close to her age will want to marry.
 
Jinyoung: Can't you date her? You seem to like her enough?
 
Gongchan: I can't… Hyung don't ask me the impossible.
 
To Be Continued…. (: