Chapter 12

I'm A Little Shy Being By Your Side

Gongchan: Wait- Kalie is alright isn't she? She's fine? *almost hyperventilating*

 

Nurse: Please calm down and let me tell you what's happening.

 

Gongchan: Look! I just need to know if Kalie is alright. That's my main concern. After you tell me about Kalie, I'll listen to whatever you have to say *upset*

 

Baro: Yah! Dongsang, can't you be polite?

 

Gongchan: No! I can't! Not until I know if she's alright *almost tearing up*

 

Nurse: Look she's going to be fine. Now would you please listen?

 

Gongchan: *nods slowly*

 

Nurse: Kalie has a very weak body and so the stress from the pregnancy proved to be a little much for her to handle. She was unconscious but the baby wanted to get out so we had to take the baby out from her ourselves. She'll have very slight scarring on her lower stomach and that's about all. She's still not conscious but we're not too concerned about that. We're very happy with how she is going at the moment. The baby is fine too. It needs some care for now but we'll let you see it shortly.

 

Gongchan: Can I see Kalie now? Do you know when she'll wake up?

 

Nurse: You can see her but I'm not too sure about when she'll wake up. We've just got to wait… It's all we can do I'm sorry…

 

Gongchan walks in and sits by your side. He doesn't leave for the three days you've not woken up.

 

Baro: Come on Channie-ah, it's time to go home and wash up.

 

CNU: Mmm, I agree. You should go and get yourself together. We'll be here to look after her while you're out.

 

Gongchan: *shakes his head* I'm not leaving. I'll shower here and it'll be fine.

 

Jinyoung: Aniyo, you have to go home. You can't stay here. You've not even gone to see your son yet…

 

Gongchan: I can't lea-…. My son…?

 

Jinyoung: *nods* Yes, your son. The nurse told you about him yesterday… She told you, you could go to see him now… Look, I know your worried about Kalie and all you want is to be by her side when she wakes up… but don't you think she'd be a little upset if she knew you hadn't gone to see your new baby…?

 

Sanduel: How about you have a shower here? I brought you some fresh clothes…

After that the boys will go with you to the nursery and I'll stay here with Kalie.. Does that sound alright to you?

 

Gongchan: What if she wakes up while I'm gone?

 

Sanduel: Then I'll get a nurse to tell you so you can come straight back arasso?

 

LATER ON-

 

Gongchan now has the baby in his arms and all he can do is stare at it.

 

Baro: I just spoke to the nurse and she said you could take him to see Kalie. She's not awake but at least you can show him his umma right?

 

Gongchan: *smiles* I can be with both of them?

 

Baro: *nods*

 

Gongchan takes the baby to your room and just sits there cradling the baby in his arms. A few hours pass and the baby starts crying. Gongchan gets scared and doesn't know what to do.

 

Sanduel: What'd you do to him?

 

Gongchan: Nothing, I swear. One minute he was asleep and the next he's hysterical…

 

Nurse: It's alright, he's probably just hungry… I'll take him out for a while and bring him back shortly.

 

Goncghan: Ani, ani, ani!

 

Nurse: Why? What's wrong?

 

Gongchan: Can't you feed him in here? I don't want to leave either of them. Can't I just keep both of them here?

 

Nurse: Well I guess I could do it here… I'll go and get the stuff.

 

Baro: Chanie-ah, you can't do that. You're making everything difficult.

 

Jinyoung: Go easy on him.

 

Gongchan: I can't leave either of them. I need to watch them both. What if she wakes up?

 

A WEEK LATER-

 

Gongchan: Kalie please wake up… I need you.

 

CNU: Channie… It's time to go home. You've been here for over a week. People are starting to wonder where you are…

 

Gongchan: Hyung! I'm not leaving. How many times do I have to tell you?

 

The guys have never seen Gongchan like this and are really worried about him.

 

Sanduel: I don't know what we can do for you Chansik… I really wish I could help you but you won't let us…

 

Gongchan: If you could watch over our little boy and Hyunwoo, I'll be happy. I have to stay here okay? I honestly can't leave.

 

Sanduel: Arasso… We'll take him home with us and Hyunwoo. They can't keep him in here anymore.

 

Gongchan: Don't let anything happen to him *finally looks away from Kalie*

 

Sanduel: Trust me arasso? I'm not going to let anything harm him.

 

Gongchan: ...Okay… *turns back to Kalie*

 

A FEW HOURS PASS-

 

You start to move around.

 

Gongchan: *eyes droopy* Kalie…?

 

You: *move around some more*

 

Gongchan: *eyes open wide now* Kalie?!

 

Nurse rushes in.

 

Nurse: What's the yelling about? What's wrong?

 

Gongchan: She's moving!

 

Nurse: *smiles* Arasso, I'll be just out side if you need anything.

 

You slowly open your eyes and adjust to the bright surroundings of the hospital.

 

You: Oppa…?

 

Gongchan: Neh, oppa is here! I'm right by your side. I'm not leaving…

 

The nurse walks in and starts taking temperatures and gets you ready to have tests taken that you needed to be awake for. Gongchan is just sitting quietly next to your bed with wet cheeks. Eventually the nurse leaves to go and get something which gives Gongchan a chance to come closer to talk to you.

 

You: *eyes a half open*

 

Gongchan: How're you feeling?

 

You: I'm alright… *soft voice*

 

Gongchan: *not sure what to say to you*  We have another boy in the family…

 

You: *just manage to smile but your eyes close because you're so weak*

 

Gongchan: He's healthy and happy.

 

You: That's all I could ever ask for.

 

Gongchan: Hyunwoo is fine too. He's with the guys...

 

You: How about you? How are you?

 

Gongchan: I'm fine. Just glad you're awake…

 

You: Why're you talking to me like this? *open your eyes as much as you can* Why are you acting so differently?

 

Gongchan: *looks at your for a bit before talking* Because I don't want to stress you out or worry you or do anything that might make you go back to being almost lifeless.

 

THE NEXT DAY YOU'RE DISCHARGED AND TAKEN HOME-

 

Baro: Welcome home Kalie-ah!!!!!

 

Gongchan: Where's the baby?

 

Sanduel: Right here *smiling*

 

You: *smiling* Walk over slowly* Can I hold him?

 

Sanduel: What do you mean 'can I hold him'? He's your baby so of course you should hold him. *laughs*

 

Gongchan: Kalie, you can barely walk so it'd be best for you to sit down whilst holding him…

 

You: *sighs* Arasso…

 

Gongchan: And we'll bottle feed him until you're better.

 

You: Whatever you say… *holds baby and can't stop smiling*

 

Jinyoung: He's so cute >.<

CNU: And he's quiet. He hardly wakes during the night.

 

Baro: Kalie-ah, how're you feeling?

 

You: Mmm, A lot better… I just wish I could be a normal mum for ...omo… I haven't even been able to name him… He's now two weeks old and he still doesn't have a name… *sad*

 

Gongchan: It's alright, we'll get to naming him soon. Slow down a little, we have time.

 

You: Mmm…

 

Gongchan: Are you mad at me?

 

You: *look at the baby on your lap*

 

Jinyoung: Kalie-ah, we can take Hyunwoo and the baby over to mine for a bit alright? Give you time to set up what you need for the baby. How would you like that? I bet you want to get things organised. *smiles*

 

You: Oppa, you don't have to say things like that… I know you just want me to talk to Chansik…

 

Jinyoung: *sighs* Talk to him for me? I just want you both to be happy and you haven't have a chance to catch up since… You know…

 

You: *pass the baby to Jinyoung and all the guys leave*

 

Gongchan: Kalie talk to me would you…? You have no idea how worried I've been.

 

You: What do you want to talk about…?

 

Gongchan: Well first of all… Is everything alright between us…?

 

You: *with what energy you have, you stand up and throw yourself into Gongchan's arms*

 

Gongchan: Kalie…? *holds you tightly* Kalie I thought you were angry at me…

 

You: Aniyo… *bury your face in his chest* I'm just upset about not being able to be a normal parent for our baby and Hyunwoo and not being able to look after you either… I know you're scared about this whole thing and I wish so much to be able to help you.

 

Gongchan: *holds you in front of him and looks into your eyes* Can't you let me look after you? You're the one who's not been well so it's my job to look after you. I can do this arasso? Trust me… I can look after our family. If it's too much we have the guys right next door.

 

You: *stand on your tippy toes and give him a short but sweet kiss* If you're looking after the family then we better go and get the rest of it.

 

To Be Continued… (: