Chapter 2

I'm A Little Shy Being By Your Side

You couple of days later you're back visiting Leeteuk.

 
Leeteuk: Hyunwoo~ Aigo, you get bigger every time I see you ^^
 
You: He wanted to visit you again… And so did I >.<
 
Leeteuk: Kalie-ah~ I have some one who wants to meet you.
 
You: Me?
 
Leeteuk: Well you've met them once but they seem to have liked you.
 
You: Who?
 
Leeteuk: Saduel-ah… He asked if I could arrange for you to go on a date with him *giggling*
 
You: And you said yes?
 
Leeteuk: Of course I did, he's my dongsang :P
 
You: Aish! Pabo, you know I don't like arranged things….
 
Leeteuk: Well I think this should be god for you.
 
You: *take a deep breath* Fine… I'll go… When and where?
 
Leeteuk: Tonight at 6 and he'll meet you here and take you…
 
You: Ah, neh…
 
Leeteuk: Don't be so glum, he's a really great guy!
 
You: He seemed more of a person I would be friends with rather than date to be honest.
 
Leeteuk: Just meet up with him, I'm not telling you to date… Just give him a chance… You know he wasn't the only one who asked to meet with you again…
 
You: Chincha?
 
Leeteuk: *nods*
 
You: *you blush a little*
 
Leeteuk: Want to know who?
 
You: Of course I do!
 
Leeteuk: Well Shinwoo and Baro have also spoken to me :P
 
You: Oh... Neh *smile*
 
Leeteuk: Wae? You like Jinyoung?
 
You: Aniyo, he's a great guy but I think he'd be a great friend. 
 
Leeteuk: Then it's Gongchan?...
 
You: Ha! Aniyo! As if…. *blushing*
 
Leeteuk: You know he also came to talk to me *smiling*
 
You: Really?! 
 
Leeteuk: No… *laughs at you for blushing so much* Should I cancel this date with Sandeul-ah and set you up with Gongchan?
 
You: *evil stare*
 
Leeteuk: Yah, I'm only trying to help you…
 
You: *frown*… Hey, where'd Hyunwoo-ah go?
 
Leeteuk: He was right beside me not long ago….
 
You: *look around and can't see him so you start to panic*
 
Leeteuk: Don't worry, we'll find him. I'll search this area and you go the other way okay?
 
You: Neh, text me arasso?
 
Leeteuk: Of course. Just calm down, he'll be here somewhere….
 
You run off in an unknown direction and bump into Sanduel.
 
Sanduel: Kalie-shi?
 
You: Oh, annyeonghaseyo… Mian, I have to look for Hyunwoo…
 
Sanduel: Ah… Neh *you walk off before he can ask if you're okay, it looked like it hurt when you fell back onto the ground… He looks after you leave and there's small pieces of glass not yet cleaned from a small accident a few hours ago*
 
You race around and burst into the room where you first met B1A4. It's there you find Gongchan with Hyunwoo in his arms. Gongchan is wiping Hyunwoo's tears away and holding him tightly.
 
You: Hyunwoo~ *panting from running*
 
Hyunwoo: Umma~!
 
You: *go to pick up Hyunwoo put get shark spike type pains in both your hands* Give umma a second yeah?
 
Hyunwoo: *tries to pull your hands down*
 
You: Aniyo, Hyunwoo-ah you can't be like this… Umma's hands might hurt you if she picks you up. She has some bad things in there.
 
Hyunwoo: *looks up at you innocently*
 
Gongchan: *takes your hands without asking and looks at them intensely* You have glass in your hands…
 
You: Ah… Yeh… I feel over while looking for Hyunwoo and there'd been an accident involving glass there just before hand. 
 
Gongchan: Hyunwoo, you can have my chair to sit on if you promise you can stay still while I help your unnie….
 
Hyunwoo: Umma…?
 
You: He calls me umma… Even though I am his unnie…
 
Gongchan: *lifts Hyunwoo up and onto the comfy chair* Sit here and I'll fix your umma up.
 
Hyunwoo: *does as he's told which is rare for him*
 
You: What're you doing?
 
Gongchan: *holds your hand out and gently with tweezers found in Sanduel's bag, tugs the shards of glass from your hands until there is none left. He texts someone and then takes you out of the room*
 
You: What about Hyunwoo?
 
Gongchan: Jinyoung is heading this way, he'll be fine.
 
You: Then where are we going?
 
Gongchan: *doesn't answer but instead takes you to a locker area. He opens his and takes out a small bag. He retrieves some form of cream and gently applies it* That should help it heal a little quicker.
 
You: Ah… Neh… Kamsahmnidah…
 
Gongchan: Don't rely on me to do this type of thing again….
 
You: I understand….
 
Gongchan: Sanduel hyung is busy, you should get back to Hyunwoo.
 
You: Ah… Neh… *walk off quickly blushing but also frustrated by Gongchan's behaviour*
 
Later on when you're having lunch with Leeteuk.
 
Leeteuk: I told Sanduel that you couldn't go out tonight…
 
You: You did…?
 
Leeteuk: Mmm *nods* I know you aren't really interested in him…
 
You: Thanks…
 
Leeteuk: Has he contacted you…?
 
You: Who?
 
Leeteuk: You know… Him…
 
You: Oh… Neh, he's not stopped texting me. Hyunwoo do you want to play over there for a few minutes while I talk to Teukie??
 
Hyunwoo runs over and plays happily.
 
You: I'm a little frightened… He's not giving up, he keeps telling me he'll come and get me. I don't know what I should do about it… And I haven't got a job yet, I need to start making money to support myself and Hyunwoo, we can't keep relying on you.
 
Leeteuk: Aigo, Kalie-ah, I'll always look after you and it's because I want to. You're like a little sister to me. I love you and Hyunwoo so so much. You're part of my family arasso? And I'll help you in any way possible to get rid of that maniac. I can't really blame him though, our Kalie-ah is very pretty ^^
 
You: *smile cutely* Mmmm, he found out where we're living too so I'm looking for a new place to stay…
 
Leeteuk: I'll keep and eye out for you arasso?
 
You: Thanks *sipping on your coffee*
 
Leeteuk: I thought you didn't like coffee…
 
You: I don't… I'm just so tired these days. I need something to wake me up.
 
Leeteuk: It's been hard on you hasn't it…
 
You: *sigh* I'll be okay.
 
About a week later you show up at SMent in tears with Hyunwoo in your arms. Gongchan sees you and is about to walk over to you but Leeteuk beats him there.
 
Leeteuk: Kalie! Omo! *takes Hyunwoo from you* What's wrong? What's happened?
 
You: *can't talk because you're so upset*
 
Leeteuk: Come and we'll talk about things okay? I have to go and help out with B1A4 first so you can sit in while I mentor them. 
 
You: *sniffling*
 
You reach the the room and sit in the corner with Hyunwoo. You have puffy eyes so it's obvious you've been crying.
 
Jinyoung: Kalie-ah… Are you okay?
 
You: *just nod*
 
Jinyoung: You know, if you need to talk to anyone… I'm here for you.
 
You: *nod again*
 
Hyunwoo: Umma! 
 
You: *look at him confused
 
Hyunwoo: *he kicks his way off your lap and runs over to Sanduel*
 
Sanduel: Hyunwoo-ah, what're you doing?
 
Hyunwoo: *just clings to him*
 
Leeteuk: I hope it's okay you guys, I brang Kalie with me. 
 
Gongchan looks over at you and you look away immediately. The session goes well and afterwards Gongchan asks for a few minutes of Leeteuk's time before you chat with him
 
Gongchan: Is she okay…?
 
Leeteuk: Who?
 
Gongchan: You know… Kalie…
 
Leeteuk: Ahhh, you noticed?
 
Gongchan: Bit hard not to…
 
Leeteuk: By the look of her arm and the state she's in, I'd say it's her ex again. 
 
Gongchan: He's still around?
 
Leeteuk: *nods* Mmm he found out where she lives.
 
Gongchan: At least she has work to escape to….
 
Leeteuk: Aniyo, she doesn't have a job at the moment… And she has no one to care for her brother Hyunwoo….
 
Gongchan: Oh…
 
Leeteuk: Mmm she needs to move and she needs to get a job while looking after Hyunwoo. She's only nineteen… I try to help as much as I can but she won't accept m help anymore.
 
Gongchan: There's a position going at the moment for someone to come and look after our house and members…. They only have to cook and clean…. The jobs only open to males but I could try and talk to our manager… That way she'd have a new place to live and she could have her brother with her at work.
 
Leeteuk: That sounds perfect for her right now.
 
Gongchan: I'll see what I can do… For now you can tell her to move into our dorm. We have a spare room. 
 
Leeteuk: Chincha? Thank you so much. Mmm, also… Is it possible that you like our Kalie-ah?
 
Gongchan: Aniyo! I have someone already…
 
Leeteuk: Mmm I see. Well just be careful with her… I think she has a little crush on you *laughs* 
 
Gongchan: *gets a little red in the face*
 
Leeteuk: She's not going to let on easily just so you know but the feelings are there so don't ignore them but don't fuel them either if you can't return those feelings.
 
Gongchan: I'm not going to hurt her if that's what you're worried about. I'm only offering her a safe place to stay with her little brother…
 
Leeteuk: I'll bring her stuff around if that's okay and I'll drop her off myself after our chat. If it's really alright?
 
Gongchan: Mmm, I'm sure the others will be happy about it, they really seem to like her.
 
Leeteuk: Keep and idea on that hyung of yours, Sanduel-ah… Don't let him flirt and that sort of thing with Kalie-ah… He spoke to me a while back and hinted that he liked her a bit but when I spoke to Kalie she told me she didn't have any sort of romantic feelings towards him.
 
Gongchan: Mmm, I'll see what I can do.
 
Later after your chat with Leeteuk you both see Gongchan about to leave at the same time you are.
 
Leeteuk: Dangsangie~
 
Gongchan: *turns*
 
Leeteuk: Can you take Kalie and Hyunwoo? I'll go get their things….
 
Gongchan: *sighs* Arasso… Don't we need a booster chair or something for Hyunwoo?
 
Leeteuk: I've got one in my car, give me a minute.
 
Later you're in the car in the front next to Gongchan.
 
You: Where are we going?
 
Gongchan: He didn't tell you?
 
You: Mmm, he hasn't told me anything.
 
Gongchan: I think it's best he explains when he comes around to the dorm later…
 
You: The dorm?
 
Gongchan: Just hold tight and Leeteuk hyung will come and explain. 
 
A few hours later when you're sitting with Hyunwoo on your lap in the lounge room, Leeteuk shows up with what looks like all of your belongings as well as Hyunwoo's.
 
You: Oppa? What's all this?
 
Leeteuk: I talked it over with the guys and they've agreed to let you stay in their spare room… 
 
You: Omo, how could I do that? I don't have any money to pay them with… And I have Hyunwoo, they're busy and I'm afraid my Hyunwoo will distract them.
 
Baro: Don't think that way. We really like Hyunwoo and we like you, you're more than welcome to stay here. As long as you need it, you can have the guest room.
 
You: But I have nothing to give to you in return.
 
Jiyoung: Don't worry yourself so much… If we didn't enjoy your company we wouldn't have offered the room to you.
 
You: I'm afraid I'll get in the way. 
 
Gongchan: Can't you just accept it without complaining? We all know the situation you're in, it's no secret you need help. 
 
You: *annoyed with Gongchan for telling you you need help. It feels like he's telling you you're not doing a good job with Hyunwoo* Don't treat me like I'm pathetic. *go to walk out with Hyunwoo.
 
Sanduel: Yah, Gongchan, go and say something to her… You were too harsh just now.  
 
Gongchan: It's the truth, she needs help. How can she expect to raise Hyunwoo well when she's involved with this weirdo?
 
Sanduel: You've got to be kidding me. She's only 19 and she's doing such a good job raising her brother.
 
Gongchan: What about their safety? What about when he comes knocking at their door again? Does she really think she can handle that alone?
 
You're already down the stairs with Hyunwoo in your arms.
 
You: Hyunwoo, umma will take care of everything. I'll get rid of that weirdo myself once and for all. You just sit tight arasso?
 
Hyunwoo looks up into your eyes innocently. You have a friend working in a day care centre close by so you drop Hyunwoo off there and text Leeteuk of his where abouts and about you fixing everything yourself. Afterwards you text your ex and meet up with him at the park close by.
 
---> back at the dorm.
 
Leeteuk: Omo! Kalie, please don't do anything stupid *really worried after receiving your text message*
 
Baro: What's wrong? What's up with Kalie-ah?
 
Leeteuk: *shows everyone the text message* That means she's going to meet up with him… I have to go. I'm going to go and find her. Aish! Hyunwoo, what am I going to do about him?
 
Gongchan: You get Hyunwoo, I'll go and get Kalie-ah *leaves without another word*
 
Baro: I really can't understand him sometimes.
 
Jinyoung: He likes her.
 
Baro: Heh?!
 
Sanduel: He what?
 
CNU isn't at home right now if you were wondering ;)
 
Jinyoung: Mmm he likes her, it's so obvious *smiling*
 
Baro: How do you know?
 
Sanduel: Did he tell you?
 
Jinoung: Aniyo, I can just tell.
 
You meet up with your ex .
 
Ex: I knew you'd come back to me Kalie.
 
You: Don't misunderstand me, I'm not here to get back with you. I'm here to end every single thing that connects us. I never ever in a million years want to see you or even hear your name. 
 
Ex: Bwoh?! You can't be serious *really mad and frustrated*
 
You: I'm very serious. Don't look for me or try to contact me ever again. I don't want anything to do with you. I've had enough of it. It's hard enough as it is raising Hyunwoo, I don't need you there making our lives harder.
 
Ex: Yah! *slaps you harshly*
 
Gongchan who's looking for you finally spots you and runs over to you as you get slapped.
 
Gongchan: Yah! *punches the guy in the face until he falls to the ground in pain. With each punch he speaks to him* Don't you ever! Ever! Go near her or Hyunwoo again got it?! If I so much as hear about you, I will find you and I will make you regret it. You dare to hit a girl?! 
 
You: *in a lot of pain and tearing up* Let's just go.
 
Your ex gets back up and throws a punch at Gongchan. It gets his cheek and you run over to him.
 
You: Omo! Gongchan… *look at him trying to see if he's okay*
 
Ex: She's my girlfriend, stop sticking your nose is our business.
 
You: I'm not your girlfriend! I hate you!
 
Ex: If not mine then whose?
 
You: *crying* 
 
Gongchan: Mine! Now leave her alone! *punches the guy again* Come on… Let's get out of here. Teuk hyung went and got Hyunwoo, so let's go back to the dorm.
 
You and Gongchan leave quickly and when you get back to where the dorms are, Gongchan stops you before you leave to enter the building from the parking lot.
 
Gongchan: Sorry… You know about what I said earlier… *looks at you directly* Whenever I see you, all I want to do is protect you and so I want to be the one to help you. You've done well with Hyunwoo, I didn't mean to get so worked up… I guess I was worried about you.
 
You: *hug him* I was so scared…
 
Gongchan: *really surprised but eventually he holds you back making you feel safe* It's alright now…
 
You: He won't give up *crying* I do need help, I really do…
 
Gongchan: You're with me now… I won't let him go anywhere near you. Not while you live here. You'll always be safe when you're here. 
 
You: *look up at him* I really thought you hated me.
 
Gongchan: *looks away awkwardly and coughs a little* Mmm, we should head up. I think Leeteuk was really worried about you.
 
You: Ahh, neh….
 
To Be Continued…. (: