A Short Day

I was Meant to Love You

No one's P.O.V

Marian stood in front of the gate as it opens automatically.

 

Then suddenly, she heard a horn of a car so she hurriedly go to the side. 

 

Then the car pass.

 

The gate is starting to close so she ran quickly through it.

 

The car stopped in front of the house.

 

A woman, get off quickly, tired.

 

Marian comes after it and approach the woman.

 

"Annyeong! I am --" Marian started.

 

"You're the new maid, right? Get this. Hold that and bring my luggages." The woman told her.

 

Even thought Marian has a lot of things in her arms, she still accept it.

 

"By the way, do you know who am I? I'm the second madame here." The woman said to her.

 

"Ah~ okay." Marian said as she carried the luggages properly.

 

"Hurry up and come with me!" the woman said.

 

Marian hurriedly follows her hurriedly.

 

"As long as Mommy is in the garden, go make the lunch." the woman said again as they enter the house.

 

"Dae." Marian said politely.

 

AFTER AWHILE...

 

"Oh goodness!! What are these? Steamed fried fish with ginger, rosted beef with ginger, barbeque with ginger! Aren't you too old to be rude?! Don't you know that we're not eating food with ginger? Even the dog will not eat that! Are you trying to make me angry?!" Beth exclaimed to the woman named Haejin.

 

Haejin didn't know what to do because she's not the one who cooked it.

 

"I didn't do anything. The new maid is the one who cooked this. You should blame her instead of me." Haejin cramps.

 

Then, Marian arrived from the kitchen, holding a bowl of another food with ginger.

 

"I brought a new one, grandma!" She exclaimed happily as she puts down the dish on the table.

 

"Are you not using your mind?! Grandma doesn't it food with ginger! Even the dog won't eat that! You're making me angry!" Haejin yelled at her angrily.

 

"Marian, my beloved granddaughter-in-law! When did you arrive? Who's the one who tell you to do that?!" Beth asked her while looking angrily at Haejin.

 

Haejin just looked down with embarrassment on her face.

 

"Just like what I said, she is a girl with...uhm...uhm...uhm... a diligent girl! Who could be that ruckus that mistake her as a maid?!" Haejin tried to make up.

 

"Ah, grandma, it's okay with me. I'm used to household chores. So it's okay with me." Marian told Beth.

 

"Did you get tired? Come, take your sit." Beth told her and let her sit down on the chair.

 

"I didn't know you cook so well." Haejin tried to compliment her.

 

Beth took a sit, then Haejin walk towards her.

 

"Pregnant women shouldn't do anything but rest. It's bad for them to work so I suggest we should call an agency and get another maid." Haejin tried to get the telephone but Beth stop her hand.

 

"Jankanman! You told me you want to pay me back, right? Why don't you just cook the food, and clean the house? Think that you are so lucky that you are able to care for my great granchild. That's a great achievement, right?" Beth smiled.

 

"Err~ uhm... uhm... dae?" Haejin answered hesitantly.

 

"You should be proud you're part of our family! You should also be proud that you're the wife of my grandson! Okay, after you pray, go to your room to rest." Beth tossed her hand on the air.

 

Marian smiled widely at her.

 

NIGHT...

 

Marian is sitting on the sofa in the room, silently staring at something.

 

"Why is that Kevin is still not coming home?" She asked herself.

 

Then she saw a cupid toy below a pillow. She stood up and sit it properly in front of the said pillow.

 

Then when she's done and start stepping back while looking at it, she accidentally strip.

 

She landed backward on the tabale and her hand accidentally hit the remote, causing to turn on the television.

 

Then a video plays.

 

"This man who really loves me *laughs* what name should we give to him?" A voice asked Kevin in the video. Kevin is holding a cute white maltese dog.

 

Marian quickly turned to the television to watch it.

 

"What name suited him? Oh! I know! Let's call him Kevin."

 

"What?! Why Kevin?? How would I know if you're calling the dog or me?" Kevin asked sweetly.

 

Then a girl joins Kevin in the video by turning the camera to them.

 

Marian stood up and carefully watched the video when she saw the girl.

 

"This is how beautiful Bianca is. She's so elegant, and so sweet. I think she's only the girl who is really meant to be with Kevin. I don't even have that kind of face." Marian feels down for herself.

 

She feels upset, thinking how small she will be if she'll be compared with Bianca.

 

Then suddenly, the television turned off.

 

Marian got shock and turned to her back.

 

"Who give you permission to watch the video?" A voice came in.

 

~~~I doubt cutting this because I feel it's very short but I want to cliff-hang this chapter~~~

~~~The next chapter will be complicated for Marian~~~

~~~Bad words and situations will be in the next chapter so stay tune!~~~

~~~Keep reading~~~