Joy Ride

I was Meant to Love You

No one's P.O.V

The car stopped before it hits her, "Are you okay?" the man asked while looking out from the window.

 

"Dae. I'm fine." Marian waved to him while wiping off her arm.

 

"I'm so sorry. I didn't pay attention." She said while picking off the files that fell down.

 

"I told you you're low profile right? The rumor about you spread and now you're almost hit by a car." The man said while leaning out the window.

 

Marian wrinkled her forehead and look closer to the man.

 

"Wait... are-are you the man in the orphanage? You are... Kiseop!" Marian felt brightened.

 

"That's right!" Kiseop smiled and went out of the car.

 

"Kekeke~ we meet again." Marian giggled.

 

"You're pregnant right? It's bad for you to be stressed." Kiseop said while picking up the brown envelope on the ground.

 

He picked it up and saw the paper out from the envelope, it reads:

 

DIVORCE AGREEMENT

 

"Marian... uhm... you're married already?" Kiseop asked hesitantly.

 

"Dae. How did you know?! You're smart huh." She asked haappily while pointing to Kiseop.

 

Then she saw her own ring.

 

"Ah~ you saw my wedding ring? Yes, I'm married with the father of my baby." She said happily. With a slight giggle.

 

Kiseop went silent and shook his head slightly then he gave the envelope to Marian.

 

"Kamsahamnida." She said as she receive the envelope.

 

"Oh no! It gets dirty. Hope Kevin will not get mad at me." Marian said while she wipe off the invisible dusts on the envelope.

 

"Wait, what are those?" Kiseop pointed out to the box of file.

 

"Ah~ these? Manager wants me to give these to my husband. Lucky it didn't get lost. Know what? They're friends." Marian said as she pick up the box.

 

"Didn't she know that the paper inside the envelope is a divorce agreement?" Kiseop thought to himself.

 

"You're going to bring that home?" He asked her.

 

"Dae. I'll be in my husband's house. He said he will fetch me but when I called him, he said he's still in the office. So he wasn't able to pick me up." Marian answered.

 

Kiseop nodded, "If you want, I will drive you home. Is it okay?"

 

Marian take a look at his car, "Really? Sure." She said happily.

 

Then they both get in the car and Kiseop started driving smoothly.

 

Kiseop's P.O.V

 

This girl really is something.

 

If you look at her, she's still smiling.

 

When you talked to her, you won't think she has problems.

 

I'm so confused. What was the divorce agreement for?

 

"Know what? When I go home in my family, I was so surprised when I knew that the father of my baby is the one who bought the island and the factory there." Marian spoke up.

 

"Really? That's daebak." I answered so I don't sound rude to her.

 

"He's so kind." Marian sighed.

 

"If your husband is really kind, why did he let you go home alone?" I asked her.

 

"I called him. He said he's busy." Marian said with a slight smile on her face.

 

"Ahh~~He can't even go home early just for you? He might be really busy." 

 

"It's okay for me. I'm used to it. I'm just a sticky-note girl so I'm easily forgotten." She said.

 

I sensed a sadness in her fake smile.

 

"Yah! Sticky-notes are so important." I said, then I pick the sticky-note posted on my rearview mirror.

 

"If I don't have this, I will forgot to buy plywood later. If that happens, I won't be able to make chairs and tables for the children. Isn't it important?" I told her.

 

No one's P.O.V

 

Marian thought for a while.

 

"Dae. Sticky-note is really important. Kiseop, thank you for that. It's my first time that someone said that to me." She told him as she pick up her bag.

 

Kiseop just nodded and smiled.

 

"Okay. Thanks for the ride, Kiseop. When I'm with you, I feel comfortable. I learn a lot from you." Marian told her as soon as she get off to get her stuffs from the compartment.

 

Kiseop went down to help her.

 

"Okay. That's good." He told her.

 

Marian started walking from the car.

 

"Marian!" He called her.

 

Marian stopped and looked back.

 

Kiseop walks up to her.

 

"Do you believe in God?" He asked her.

 

"Of course yes." Marian nodded.

 

"You know sometimes, we can't help to hope or expect. If the one you expect didn't come true, it'll be normal that you'll be hurt or you'll be sad. So whatever happens, just always remember that God loves you." Kiseop taught her.

 

"And of course," he get the sticky-note from the box and start writing down his number,

 

"If someone is bringing you down or hurting you, or if you're sad and want someone to talk to, here, just call me and I'll be right there." he posted the sticky-note on the box.

 

"It's my first time to be given a sticky-note that has no commands written for me to do." Marian felt touched.

 

She held Kiseop's hand and start to shake it.

 

"Kamsahamnida. Jeongmal kamsahamnida. I was so sad lately because Kevin didn't fetch me but now I feel happy. Kamsahamnida. Because you taught me the word from God, I know my family will be happy. Kamsahamnida." Marian told him as she holds her tears then she let go of his hand.

 

"So if it's like that, FIGHTING MARIAN!" He told her.

 

"Dae. And by the way, I will go to the orphanage if I have time. I will visit you and the kids." She said.

 

"That's good. So, take care. Bye bye." he said and wave. Then he go back inside his car.

 

"Bye bye." She told him as she started to walk again through the gate.

 

~~~Guys, mianhae~~~

~~~it took me so long to update this~~~

~~~Maybe that's why I have few subscribers~~~

~~~I started to feel lazy. LOL~~~

~~~As I said in my other fanfic, I'll be taking entrance exams starting in August~~~

~~~I will be taking exams in 5 universities & 3 of them are listed in Top 200 Universities in Asia~~~

~~~it'll be hard for me to pass there so please Pray for me~~~

~~~Kamsahamnida chingu~~~