05

Where the Frivolous Gather

05 (WonKyu)

Kyuhyun skims through the pages of an ancient looking book, bound in brown leather with vibrant, purple, curled lettering on the spine that read ‘Grimoire’. His fingers traced the inscribed words on the yellowed pages as he mumbled the words quietly under his breath. He found the spell he was looking for and began searching for the necessary items; rose petals, lavender, rosemary, cinnamon, honeysuckle, a red felt heart and a copper coin. Setting them up in the middle of a red circle made from an old cloth, he cleared his mind and focused.

Aphrodite of the sea,

Send my true love to me.

A gust of strong wind slammed the shutters of his windows open and caused the pages of the Grimoire to flip. Kyuhyun smiled brightly at the reaction and moved to sit in his oversized, ruby velvet chair. He crisscrossed his legs; his midnight blue robes making it look like he was drowning in fabric. Slender fingers played with the gold filigree adorning the cuffs of his sleeves as he waited for the inevitable opening of his front door.

“Most people would just go out and find me, you know.” Siwon grumbles, his feet moving involuntarily into Kyuhyun’s house.

He lets himself be compelled to move in front of the younger brunet who has a devilish smirk decorating his face. Whatever magic that had overtaken him flows out and leaves him feeling slightly dizzy and lightheaded. Kyuhyun stands and keeps him up right, replacing himself with Siwon in his chair. He laughs at the taller male’s irritated face and scuttles off to pick out an elixir from one of his many crooked shelves on the wall.

“You know better than anyone else that I am most certainly not most people, Siwon.” He holds out a bottle of lunar charged spring water for Siwon to drink, “Besides, there’s a warrant for my arrest out. The villagers would burn me alive the second they saw me.”

“At this point, you’re lucky I don’t burn you alive.” Siwon says after a gulp of the liquid. He shudders at the taste before speaking again, “What did you do this time?”

“I made the clergy dance in the village square.” Kyuhyun shrugs, turning to put back the bottle, “I thought it was hilarious, the others didn’t seem to think so.”

“Ah, tarantellagra again?” Siwon chuckles, “You’re so reckless with your magic. I’m surprised your mentor hasn’t scolded you for it.”

“Oh, he has. I just can’t find it in myself to give a damn.”

Siwon laughs at how typical of a response it was, “Anyways, did you need something?”

“Does there always have to be a reason for me to summon you? Can’t I just wish to see your face and talk to you?” Kyuhyun bats his eyelashes dramatically.

“What spell did you use this time?”

“One of my Goddess’s own; Aphrodite’s love spell.” Kyuhyun answers with gusto only a wizard could manage while cramming himself into the small space next to Siwon.

It’s uncomfortable, but he figures it’s best to just deal with it until Siwon caves in and pulls him onto his lap. Luckily for him, the older isn’t being as infuriatingly prude as usual and lifts him onto legs with ease almost immediately.

“Is your spell doing this to me or am I just more infatuated with you than usual?” Siwon asks with a smile and glittering eyes.

“I hardly think that matters.” Kyuhyun says evasively.

“I should turn you in for messing around with my emotions.”

“I’m just enhancing what was already there, love.”

“Don’t flatter yourself, darling.”

“Will you shut up and just kiss me already, you dunce.” Kyuhyun demands with an eye roll.

And Siwon does.

 


Because the world needs Wizard!Kyu. I wanted to make this into a chaptered fic, but I'm too lazy. Maybe one day.

Comment if you wish! (or Kyuhyun will use his magic to compell you to.)

Thanks for reading!

Love you, snowflakes! ♥