02

Where the Frivolous Gather

02; (KyuHae)

“So what you’re saying is that you’re an angel?”

“That’s the gist of it, yes.”

“And you’ve been assigned to me?”

“Right.”

“For a reason that you can’t tell me.”

“Well, as of right now. I’ll be able to tell you in the future.”

“This is ridiculous. Things like this aren’t supposed to happen in real life!”

Donghae rubs his temples and walks over to his dining table to take a seat. He rests his head in his palms, blocking his eyes from seeing the ethereal being in front of him. He feels a soft gust of wind hit his skin when Kyuhyun flutters his enormous, white wings and shudders. This is not happening, this is not happening, this is not happening.

“If you think about it, this is your fault. I wouldn’t be here if you hadn’t royally messed up your path.” Kyuhyun shrugs and sits on Donghae’s tiled floor, obviously not accustomed to the existence of chairs.

His wings flutter behind him, the tips grazing the floor. Donghae is sure he can’t really control their movement (he assumes it’s an angel equivalent to blinking), but he wishes Kyuhyun would stop. Actually, he wishes Kyuhyun would just put them away.

“You’re kind of rude for an angel.” Donghae says huffily.

Kyuhyun laughs heartily, “Not all angels are the infinitely kind, sweet, caring and innocent creatures your kind think we are.”

“Why wasn’t I assigned one of the nice ones?”

“They don’t specialise in your cases. You, and the others like you, require a more harsh personality.”

“Great, just great. So, I’m going to be stuck with your uncouth self for who knows how long.” Donghae throws his head onto the table and immediately regrets it.

He picks up his head and finally takes a good look at Kyuhyun. His breath is taken away immediately (not that he’d ever admit to it). Kyuhyun is all sorts of pleasant adjectives. Gorgeous, empyrean, perfect. The list could go on if Donghae had the vocabulary to allow it.

He’s white as snow and radiating a soft, comforting golden light. His eyes are large and round, a dark brown with golden flecks in them, framed with long, lush, black eyelashes. Nose long and straight, cotton candy pink lips full and pouty. He’s thin, but he’s got just the right amount of curves on him. His wings are gargantuan, frighteningly so, but after just staring at them for a while Donghae thinks they’re stunning. Donghae wonders if he was born an angel, humanity just doesn’t seem to suit him at all. 

The human blinks himself back to reality, “What exactly are you going to do while you’re assigned to me? What’s your job?”

“I’m going to put you back on your path.”

“What does that even mean?” Donghae groans in a frustrated manner.

“Like I said before, Donghae, I can’t tell you. We’re on a need to know basis here.”

Donghae rolls his eyes and gets up to make a cup of warm tea to try and calm himself down. Kyuhyun stands up and hovers, actually hovers, next to him. Donghae is slightly anxious with the angel watching his every move, he feels almost like he’s being quizzed on his tea making ability. The angel finally stops floating and sets his feet on the ground. He flails a little, not quite used to the gravity on Earth. Donghae grabs him before he falls and injures himself. Kyuhyun nods a thank you and adjusts his clothes; his wings ruffle when Donghae grabs his wrist and seats him in a chair. It’s a weird feeling for Kyuhyun, but he figures he’ll have to get used to it.

Donghae watches Kyuhyun fidget in the chair over the rim of his cup. It’s almost laughable, the angel’s awkwardness with human culture. The human stares at Kyuhyun’s wings for a while and the strong urge to touch them can no longer be willed away. He figures they’re going to be together for a while and there wouldn’t be any harm in asking if he could touch them. It was going to happen eventually, Donghae was an inquisitive person.

“Can I touch your wings?” Donghae finally asks, hand already reaching out.

Kyuhyun almost says no, but the curious, determined look in Donghae’s eyes makes him change his mind. He nods and gestures for Donghae to go ahead.

The feeling of his feathers is like touching velvet and silk at the same time. Donghae becomes a little overwhelmed with how soft they feel, he uses both hands and touches as many feathers as possible, mouth dropping open in awe.

“Donghae,” Kyuhyun says quietly, there’s a look in his eyes Donghae can’t quite place.

“Yes?” The human asks, hands still petting Kyuhyun’s wings, but his eyes staring directly into the angel’s.

Kyuhyun’s lips turn into a devilish smirk and Donghae’s backing away and screaming in panic before he realises what’s going on. The angel’s wings extend to full length, taking up the entirety of the kitchen. He flaps them a little too hard and Donghae’s loose items go flying to the floor. Donghae is cowering on the floor, arms covering his head. Kyuhyun throws his head back and cackles evilly.

“Can I send you back and get a different angel?” Donghae whines, obviously not finding Kyuhyun’s prank funny at all.


because angel!kyu is probably my new favourite thing.

expect more adventures with these two.

comment and subscribe! ♥