13

Where the Frivolous Gather

13; (QMi)

Zhou Mi mumbles insulting mandarin phrases under his breath as he prepares Kyuhyun’s lunch in the kitchen. He wasn’t one to complain, but after having the matagot invade his apartment for the past 6 months, he had a list of grievances just waiting to be let loose. Not that he was ungrateful for the luck Kyuhyun had brought him; it’s just that the cat was so incredibly needy. Needy and completely dependent of Zhou Mi for every little thing. It’s not like he was incapable of doing it himself, Kyuhyun could take human form at any time he pleased. He just chose to shift only when it benefitted him, like when Zhou Mi made human food.

“Just because I don’t understand you, doesn’t mean I can’t tell you’re insulting me.” Kyuhyun hummed, waltzing into the kitchen to rub himself against Zhou Mi’s leg.

The human shivered, he was almost certain he’d never get used to a talking cat. Kyuhyun hopped onto the counter, sitting right next to Zhou Mi so he could make him uncomfortable. Zhou Mi eyed the grey cat, admiring how shiny and soft his fur looked and the striking blue of his eyes. He had to admit Kyuhyun was absolutely gorgeous when he wasn’t talking and freaking him out. He reached out a slender hand to pet Kyuhyun, giggling at how quickly the matagot rolled onto his back and purred happily.

“What’s for lunch, Mi?” He asked, rolling back onto his stomach and resting his head on top of his paws.

Dragon, tiger, phoenix.” Zhou Mi answered with an evil smirk.

Kyuhyun hissed and jumped off the counter, “You’re horrible!”

“I planned on garnishing you with plum sauce. You’ll be absolutely delicious.”

“Just see if I bring you any good fortune next month!” Kyuhyun seethed, padding off to the living room.

The matagot jumped onto the window sill, curling up so he could sun for a few minutes before he ate.

<><><><><> 

“Xiaopang! Come eat!” Zhou Mi yelled from the kitchen, washing his hands in the sink.

He set out the plates on the table, still incredulous at the fact that he was actually letting a cat eat on top of his very expensive table.

“Xiaopang?” He called again when the cat didn’t come scurrying to his spot at the table, “Guixian?”

Zhou Mi huffed, already prepared to lecture the matagot about manners and how it’s not polite to ignore one’s host. He stomped over to the living room, face scrunched into a scowl as he started his allocution. The human stopped before he could even make a point, smiling brightly at the sight of Kyuhyun asleep on the window sill, snoring softly and looking like a kitten with the way he was curled up. Zhou Mi had to hold in a squeal and resist the urge to cradle Kyuhyun and coo at him. Instead, he scratched the matagot between the ears gently, knowing that was his weak spot.

“Gui~” he sang quietly, “It’s time for lunch. Wake up, sleepyhead.”

“5 more minutes.” Kyuhyun purred, leaning his head against Zhou Mi’s soft caresses despite wanting to sleep longer.

“No, then you won’t sleep tonight and I don’t want to be up until 3 AM listening to you meow.”

“Please?” Kyuhyun whined, still inclining his head into the human’s palm.

“Not a chance.” Zhou Mi picked Kyuhyun up, draping him over his shoulder and ignoring the cat’s whining and incessant clawing at his back.

He dropped Kyuhyun unceremoniously onto the table and seated himself adjacent to the cat. Kyuhyun shot him a glare, paw raised in what was supposed to be a threatening manner.

“If you scratch me, I’ll have you declawed.” Zhou Mi remarked, taking a bite of his dinner and smiling wickedly.

“That’s animal cruelty and you know it.” Kyuhyun lowered his paw and sniffed at his plate, making sure the contents were edible, “I wish you would’ve told me you were making human food. Now I have to go shift and come back, unless I can just eat without my clothes on?” He asked hopefully, cat eyes twinkling in a feigned cutesy way.

“Absolutely not! Go. You’re food’s not going anywhere.”

Kyuhyun jumped off the table with a huff, tail swinging behind him indignantly as he made his way to their room to change.


Matagot - Essentially, it's an animal that brings wealth. (If you want more details; wiki)

Dragon, Tiger, Phoenix - an old chinese dish that had snake(dragon), cat(tiger) and chicken(phoenix).

Xiaopang - Chinese pet name meaning little fatty. (I think it's cute ok omg)

I have no idea where this came from. It was originally going to be multichapter (lol just like everything else here), but what can I really do with a lucky cat and a chinese man who can't catch a break? So it'll just be like the angel kyuhae drabble with little snippets of their life here and there.

I love cat!hyun.

Thanks for reading snowflakes! ♥

Comment if you wish~

credit for the lame gif goes to me.

[also I dont know why that last chapter posted twice but i fixed it. just in case you were wondering.]