Lost.

As Time goes by, we will never stay the same.

 

When I regained consciousness, I heard the voices of birds from far away. I also noticed that I was lying on something very hard.

I slowly opened my eyes. The light blinded me and I had to blink several times before I could properly open my eyes. The first I thing I saw was the blue sky.....and some trees. What the heck?

My head hurt like crazy. Groaning, I sat up slowly. Now I had a better view of my environment. I didn't know why but somehow I ended up in a forest. What was I doing in a forest? I looked down at myself and noticed that I wore a blue cocktail dress. A dress...oh my gosh! It finally dawned on me. I was at the celebration party for BEAST...and then I was arguing with Dongwoon....oh my gosh, and then we got kidnapped by a cab driver!

But why was I in a forest right now? And where was Dongwoon?

I swabbed the leaves from my dress and stood up. My head was still hurting like crazy. I quickly leaned against a tree and took deep breaths. What kind of pills did the stupid cab driver give me? I quickly checked myself. My clothes were still in place and the only pain was my headache. Seems like the man with the gun didn't get to 'play' with me when I out. Or at least I hoped he didn't do it.

I took another breath and then I looked around. The forest didn't seem to have an end and I had no clue where I was right now. I also noticed that my purse was gone. Woah, these bastards stole my money and my mobile phone!

I closed my eyes and considered what to do now. That was when I heard the faint noise of running water. Was it a river? Well, when I was lost in the forest, at least I wouldn't be thirsty.

I pulled away from the tree and walked towards the direction of the river. After several minutes, I arrived. But it wasn't a river, it was a stream. The water was so clear that I could see the ground of the stream. I walked towards it and splashed my face with water. That was when I noticed the shoe on the ground. Then I realized that the shoe was connected to a leg which was connected to a body.

Oh my gosh, it was Dongwoon who was lying unconscious on the ground. I nudged him with my foot but he didn't stir.

Dongwoon-ssi?”

No reaction.

I quickly rushed to the stream and cupped my hands to carry water to Dongwoon. Then I splashed it on his face.

What the -”, he said and wiped the water from his face.

Then he opened his eyes. When he saw me, he sat up quickly.

What the heck is going on here?” He looked around. “And where am I?”

Well, I hoped that you could answer those questions for me.”

He frowned. “Why am I in a forest?”

What do you remember from last night?”

I was at the party. You threw your drink at me. Then we were talking on the parking lot...” He paused. “Wait, we were kidnapped by a cab driver.”

Yeah and he gave us those weird pills. Seems like they knocked us out.”

You mean the cab driver knocked us out with those pills and then he abandoned us in a forest and drove away?”

Don't forget the fact that he took our money.”

Dongwoon quickly reached into his pockets. “Ah, crap.”

What are we going to do now?”

He narrowed his eyes at me. “Wait...is this some kind of trap to put us together in a deserted place, so that you could be alone with me?”

Are you serious? Why should I hire a stupid kidnapper to knock me out and throw me into a forest with you? That would be the last thing I want right now. Don't think so highly of yourself, jerk.” I stepped away from him. “Do what you want but I'm going to look for a way out of this stupid forest now.”

I returned to the stream and scanned the environment. The only things I saw were trees, trees and trees. Ah, we were screwed. We could be everywhere now. I didn't know how long we were unconscious, so it was impossible to estimate the distance between Seoul and this location.

I let out a frustrated sigh. I was stuck in a forest without any survival tools. I was wearing a friggin' cocktail dress and friggin' pumps. And the only company I had was a narcissistic jerk. I was really dogged by bad luck.

Maybe I could move towards a direction and if I was lucky, I could end up in a small town or something like. Everything was better than sitting here and doing nothing.

I started moving along the stream. Whenever there was water, there was the possibility of civilization. Suddenly I heard step behind me.

Hey, where do you think you're going?”, Dongwoon asked from behind me.

I didn't stop. “None of your business.”

You got me into this mess, so now you have to pull me out of it.”

I paused and turned around to glare at him. “I did NOT get you into this mess. You were the one who didn't want to get out of the cab when I told you to go away.”

But it is your fault. If you hadn't thrown your drink at me, I wouldn't have followed you to the parking lot.”

It was your own decision to follow me, jerk. Nobody forced you.”

My pride did.”

Not my problem.”, I said and continued walking.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. “You really want to walk around in this forest with these shoes?”

So what? It's not your problem.”

You can be really frustrating, you know.”

Right back at you. Now let go of me.”, I said and pulled my hand out of his grip.

He let go of my hand. “What's your problem?”

You really want to know it? YOU are my problem! You stupid narcissistic jerk! Do you really think that being stuck in a forest with you will let me forget what you said to me yesterday? Now go away and leave me alone.”, I said and walked away. This time he didn't follow me.

 

I kept walking until my feet started to hurt and it became dark. I didn't even think about finding a place to sleep. Big mistake. The darker it got, the more difficult it would be to find a place. I walked around for a while but then exhaustion took over and I slumped down on the ground, leaning against the tree. I didn't care that it was dirty. I was too tired. After a while I drifted into sleep.

 

The next morning I strolled towards the stream and cleaned myself with the water. I noticed that my feet got blisters from walking around in these pumps. But I couldn't really throw the shoes away and walk barefoot. So I put on the shoes and dragged myself along the stream. Once in a while, I went looking for edible mushrooms or berries. Walking around on my own was kinda lonely. I really would've given anything for company right now. Maybe I shouldn't have told Dongwoon to leave me alone.

I quickly shook my head. No! He was a jerk and being with him would have been a torture. It was a good idea to leave him back.

I kept walking until it was dark. Then I sat down next to a tree and fell asleep.

The next day I did the same: I cleaned myself at the stream, went looking for food and kept walking along the stream. When it was dark again, I went deeper into the forest to look for a place to sleep. I was distracted by some birds in the tree, that was why I didn't notice the slope in front of me. I tripped and fell down the slope. When I landed on my , I let out several cusses. That was going to be a big bruise. I put my hands on the ground and tried to push myself up. That was when I noticed the stabbing pain in my foot. I yelped and collapsed on the ground again. Ah, crap. I've probably twisted my ankle when I fell down the slope. Great, just great. It couldn't get worse.

But it seems like destiny wanted to prove me wrong because I suddenly heard a hissing sound. When I looked up, I saw a snake only a foot away from me.

Double crap.

I froze and stopped breathing. Even my heart stopped beating for a moment. Maybe if I didn't move, the snake would just go away. But when the snake straightened up, its gaze focused on me, I quickly closed my eyes and braced myself for the disaster. Seconds passed and nothing happened. Suddenly I heard a thump. Startled, I opened my eyes. The snake was buried under a big rock.

What the heck?

I looked up and saw Dongwoon standing next to me. Did he just save me?

He smirked. “It doesn't feel so good to be saved by a narcissistic jerk, huh?”

I was still too shocked to retort something. When I remained silent, he turned around and started to walk away.

Wait!”, I cried.

He stopped. “What?”

Please don't leave me behind.”, I said and tried to stand up.

The stabbing pain made me flinch and I fell down again. The panic because of the snake, the pain in my foot, the frustration because of my helplessness...all these feelings came together at once. Without even realizing it, tears trickled down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away because I didn't want him to see me cry. But he must have seen my tears because he let out a frustrated sigh and went towards me. Then he put his arms behind my back and under the hollows of my knees and picked me up from the ground. While carrying me, he walked along the stream, away from the snake. After a while he carried me towards a tree and put me on the ground. Without saying anything, he swabbed away some leaves and gathered some rocks. Then he made a circle out of the rocks and threw some wooden sticks into it. I was surprised to see him pull a lighter out of his pockets.

Where the heck did you get a lighter?”, I asked.

He didn't look up. “I carried it for a Hyung and forgot to give it back to him.”

When he finished preparing the 'campfire', he came towards me.

What are you doing?”, I asked suspiciously.

Examining your foot. Now hold still.”

He reached for my foot and gently put pressure some parts.

Ow! That hurts!”, I whined.

He gently laid down my foot. “You've sprained your ankle. If you're careful, you'll heal in a couple days.”

Then he returned to his spot in front of the campfire. We didn't say anything for a while.

Hey.”; I said when the silence became awkward.

What?”

Thank you.”

Hm.”

But I still hate you.”

Whatever.”

I leaned against the tree and closed my eyes. Exhaustion took over and I fell asleep.