His true face.

As Time goes by, we will never stay the same.

 

Days passed and I didn't get to see anyone of BEAST because they were so busy with their comeback. I really missed Dongwoon, to be honest.

One day I came earlier to the Cube Office to meet Ha Ni. While passing the practice rooms, I suddenly heard familiar voices. I quickly rushed to one of the practice rooms and peeked inside. The boys were dancing to one of their new songs. The song was really catchy.

I waited until they took a break before saying hello to them. But just when I had my hand on the door, I suddenly saw Dongwoon standing next to one of the female dancers. He had an arm around her shoulders, giving her one of his dazzling smiles.

Hey pretty Lady.”, I heard him saying. “Why is such a beautiful Lady like you working as a dancer?”

Why shouldn't I work as a dancer?”, the girl asked and smiled.

You are pretty and charming. The spotlight should be one you.”

She nudged him gently. “Ah, you're such a sweet-talker.”

Suddenly he leaned closer to her. “Hmmm...your perfume is so intoxicating.”

She giggled and smacked him lightly on his shoulder.

You know, if my schedule wouldn't be so full, I would've really liked to get to know you better.”, he said.

My heart stopped beating for a moment. Did he really just say it? Shocked, I took a step back. Yoseob, who was heading towards the door, saw me. He noticed my shocked expression, glanced at Dongwoon and the dancer and then looked back at me. It seems like he understood the situation because he gave me a compassionate look. I couldn't take his compassion. Fighting back the tears, I turned around and ran away. While running, I also passed Ha Ni. I could only hear her startled “What the -” before I was outside of the building.

Ha Ni and Yoseob were right. I should've stayed away from Dongwoon. This narcissistic jerk! How could I be so naive and stupid to believe his lies? How could I fall for his deceiving charm?

Never again. This jerk would regret this.

 

Days later I was invited to a party to celebrate BEAST's first win on Mcountdown. Initially I didn't want to go but Ha Ni told me that it would be a great chance to meet the other Cube employees. In the end, I decided to forget about the jerk and just have fun at the party. I bought a blue cocktail dress and new shoes. When Ha Ni arrived with the cab to pick me up, she couldn't stop staring.

Wow. I've never seen you in such a dress before. You look stunning!”, she said.

I blushed. “Thank you. But you look more stunning than me.”

And she really did. She wore a tight black mini dress which showed all her curves.

Ah, nonsense. Come on, let's have some fun.”, she said and pulled me towards the cab.

I was really thankful that she didn't talk about Dongwoon. An 'I told you so' wouldn't have improved my mood.

Several minutes later we arrived at the place where the party took place. All the Cube employees and some friends were invited. At the entrance we met some of the other Trainees. After a short conversation, we all went into the building. The party was in a big room. On the side of the room there were several desks with food. Next to it was a bar. In the middle of the room was a dance floor. Many people were already gathered on the dance floor. Ha Ni pulled me towards the bar.

Wanna drink something?”, she asked.

A cocktail would be nice.”, I said and scanned the room.

They're not here yet.”, Ha Ni said and gave me my drink.

I wasn't looking for them.”

If you say so.” She waved at someone. “I'll be right back.”

Then she rushed towards a group of people who just came through the door. I strolled towards the food desks, looking for some snacks. Suddenly the people around me started to cheer. I turned around and saw the BEAST boys coming through he door. The music stopped and everyone sang 'Congratulations ~'. They all looked very stunning. Especially Dongwoon.

I quickly shook my head. This jerk didn't deserve my appreciation. I turned around and concentrated on the snacks. The music started playing again and the people returned to the dance floor. After a while, I noticed that my glass was already empty, so I returned to the bar and ordered another cocktail. I leaned against the bar and watched the people on the dance floor. I noticed Dongwoon on the dance floor, dancing with some girls. After a while, he noticed me looking at him. He gave me a dazzling smile and came towards me.

Oh great. Just what I needed.

Hello pretty Lady.”, he said when he stood next to me.

I put on a fake smile. “Hi there.”

What are you doing here all on your own?”

Waiting for my prince to me to the dance floor.”

He smiled. “Then you don't have to wait anymore.” He offered me his hand. “May I you to the dance floor?”

I leaned closer. “Are you implying that you are my prince?”

Of course. May I my princess to the dance floor?”

I gave him a smile. Then I threw my drink at him. His startled expression was priceless.

Sorry, I don't dance with frogs.”, I said and walked away.

People were staring at me and whispering but I didn't care. I just walked out of the room without looking back. When I was outside, I sat down on a bench.

To be honest, it felt really good to throw the drink at him. He was probably pretty angry with me right now but I didn't really care at the moment. He was a narcissistic jerk and he deserved it. No regrets on my side.

Suddenly my phone ringed. I got a text message.

 

FROM: Ha Ni <3

Thu Ha, what happened??

I just went to say Hello to some old friends

and when I turned around, I saw

a drenched and pissed off Dongwoon

at the bar and you were nowhere to be found.

Where are you???

 

TO: HA Ni <3

I'm okay.

I just gave this jerk what he deserved.

Have fun at the party, I'll go home first.

 

FROM: Ha Ni <3

Are you sure?

Tell me where you are, I'll come with you.

 

TO: Ha Ni <3

No, it's okay.

Enjoy the party, we'll talk later.

 

FROM: Ha Ni <3

OK but I will remind you that we'll talk!

 

TO: Ha Ni <3

Sure :))

Bye & have fun! <3

 

What the heck was that?”

Startled, I looked up and saw a drenched and pissed off Dongwoon standing next to me. Uh oh.

What do you mean?”, I asked nonchalantly.

He pointed at his shirt. “THIS! Why did you throw the drink at me?”

I just felt like doing it.”

What kind of sick are you?”

I stood up. “What did you just call me?”

You heard me.”

You know what?” I stabbed my finger at his chest. “You think you are oh-so-gorgeous and that being an idol gives you the right to play around with other people's feelings, right? But you are wrong. You are just a mere narcissistic jerk.”

He grabbed my finger and smirked. “Aww, did I break your little heart? I'm sorry that I can't return your feelings.”

Oh, how I wished to punch the smirk out of his face.

I pulled my finger out of his grip and took a step back. “You can't break my heart if I haven't given it to you.”

He came closer and put a hand on my cheek. “So you want to deny the attraction you felt for me the last days?”

You're handsome, so what? Being handsome isn't everything.”

For me, it is.”

You may be handsome on the outside, but on the inside you're ugly and shallow.”

He stepped back and gave me an evil grin. “Can't say the same for you, though. As ugly from the inside as from the outside, huh?”

I gave him a slap in the face. “How could I ever think that you're a nice gentleman? You're just a deceiving piece of crap.”

I quickly turned around and walked towards a cab. When I sat down on the rear seat, the door on the other side was opened. Dongwoon sat down next to me.

What the heck are you doing here? Get the out of this car!”, I snapped.

He sat down and closed the door. “Why? You get out of the car. I want to go home.”

Hello?! You have a friggin' van, so take it and drive home on your own!”

Don't feel like taking the van.”

Are you serious? What the heck is going through that tiny brain of yours?” I let out a frustrated sigh. “Ah, whatever. Take this stupid cab if you want. I'll take another one.”

I tried to open the car but it just wouldn't budge. What the heck?

Sir, can you remove the lock from this door, please?”, I asked impatiently.

The cab driver slowly turned around. “Sorry, Ma'am. Can't do this.”

Huh? Why not?”

.”, Dongwoon said.

Puzzled, I turned to him. Then I noticed that he was staring at something with a scared expression. Following his gaze, I saw that the cab driver was holding a gun at us. Ah, crap.

What is the meaning of this?”, I asked quietly.

Well, you both will put your seat belts on and then we're driving to a nice place. And don't think of doing something stupid. I have an itchy finger on the gun.”

We slowly put on our seat belts.

Good. Now hold still. If one of you screams, I'll quieten you down with this gun. Get it?”

We both nodded. Suddenly the door opened and another man sat down next to the cab driver.

What took you so long?”, the cab driver asked.

I was just checking if someone got suspicious.”

And?”

No need to worry, they are all focused on the party.”

Good, then let's get moving.” He handed the other man his gun. “Take this and keep an eye on our guests.”

The cab driver started the car and then he drove out of the parking lot. All the while, the other was staring at us, the gun pointing at us.

After what felt like an eternity, the car stopped on a deserted street. It seems like we were outside of Seoul because the street looked like one of those in the country side.

The cab driver pulled something out of his pockets and gave it to us. I glanced at his hand and saw two small pills.

Take these pills. And don't try to fool us, we'll know if you swallowed them or not.”

I hesitated.

Hurry! Take these or I'll shoot.”

I gulped and reached for a pill. The cab driver nodded at Dongwoon and he took the other pill.

Now swallow them.”, the cab driver said.

I took a deep breath and swallowed the pill. Next to me, Dongwoon did the same.

Good. Now we only have to wait for one minute.”, the cab driver said and looked at his watch.

I clenched my fists and glared at the guy with the gun.

He laughed. “This little girl is cute. Hey, can we play with her later on?”

I didn't hear the answer because suddenly everything went black.