It's not the same anymore.

As Time goes by, we will never stay the same.

 

I sat on a bench and leaned back, watching the people who were passing me. It was already fall, so the majority of them was wearing coats and scarfs. They were all rushing from on place to another, never stopping to acknowledge the environment around them.

Why so gloomy, Thu Ha?”, someone asked.

I looked up and saw Ha Ni standing next to me. She was Korean but most of her life time, she has been living in the States. She and her Dad, they both moved to Korea after her Mum's Death. Several months ago, her Dad passed away, too. Now she was on her own, chasing after her dream of becoming a singer.

I was just thinking about some certain things.”, I said.

She smiled and sat down next to me. “Judging by the expression on your face, it doesn't seem like you were thinking about pleasant things.”

Yeah, probably.” I tried to change the topic. “So...how's life as a Trainee?”

Hm, interesting and tiring at the same time.”

Details, please.”, I said and smiled.

She told me about her schedules, the other Trainees and her love life.

Okay, enough about me and my amorous adventures. I want to hear about yours. Spill the beans, Thu Ha. How is it going with lover boy Taec?”, she asked and grinned.

I flinched when I heard his name.

Seems like she noticed it because she asked: “Okay, what happened?”

I sighed. “We broke up.”

What?! But why?”

It's a long story.”

Well, I don't have other plans right now.”

I sighed again. “Okay, it happened a month ago...”

 

Taec, stop pacing, please. It's irritating.”

I was sitting on the couch in 2PM's dorm. The other boys were in their rooms, only Taec and me were in the living room.

Oh, so you're also dissatisfied with me pacing around? What else am I not allowed to do?”

I sighed. “I was just asking you to skip ONE dinner with your friends to go out with me. You're meeting them every time you have a day off.”

I miss my friends, Thu Ha.”

And I miss you! Why can't you understand it? You always have a full schedule and I have to work 6 days a week. Even your friends see you more often than me. When was the last time we went out together?”

But when I want to meet you, you always go out with Ha Ni. Don't blame me for things you're also guilty of, Thu Ha.”

Ha Ni has been there for me when you weren't!”

You know that I'm busy! You knew it when we started dating! So why are you complaining now?”

Yes, I knew it but I didn't know how it would be like. It's so friggin' frustrating.”

He sighed. “Yeah, it's really frustrating right now...I wish I could turn back time.”

I jumped up. “Turn back time? And then what? You want to go back to the past and undo the mistake of dating me?”

Thu Ha, I didn't say that.”

No, but you meant it. Okay, I'll do you a favor. You don't need to turn back time, let's undo your mistake right now. It's over, Taec.”, I said and rushed into the kitchen.

There, I slumped on the floor and leaned against the counter. I tried to hold back the tears. An idiot like him didn't deserve my tears. After a while I heard quiet steps coming towards me. I knew that it was him. He sat down next to me, not saying anything.

What happened to us?”, he asked after a while.

I tried to hold back my tears and failed but my back was still turned to him, so he didn't see the tears trailing down my cheeks.

I don't know. It's just not the same anymore. As time goes by, people change. Feelings change.”, I said quietly.

What are we going to do now?”

Maybe we should move on.”

So that's the end now? Just like that?”

It's not necessarily the end. It's more like a chance for a new beginning, I guess.”

He didn't say anything. I slowly turned around and looked at him. He was also looking at me with sadness in his eyes. I couldn't take it anymore.

Maybe it's better if I go.”, I said.

When he didn't say anything, I slowly stood up. With a sigh, I walked towards the door. Suddenly he grabbed my hand and pulled me back against him. He hugged me tight. His familiar scent, his warmth...I would miss it. I put my arms around his waist and buried my face into his chest, so that he couldn't see my tears.

No matter how it's between us now, I'll never regret to have fallen in love with you, Thu Ha.”, he whispered.

I held onto him tight for a moment and then I let go and rushed out of the dorm, not looking back.

 

I'm so sorry, Thu Ha.”, Ha Ni said and gently put a hand on my arm.

Nothing to be sorry about.”

You know, that kinda explains everything.”

What do you mean?”

Taec's weird behavior lately.”

I arched an eye brow at her. “Weird behavior?”

Yeah, whenever I saw him, he was kinda down.”

Oh. But it's better this way.”

Hey, you don't need to explain yourself to me.”

I smiled gratefully at her. But this topic was still making me uncomfortable, that was why I tried to change the topic.

So...how's your love life lately?”, I asked.

Ha Ni grimaced but in the next moment she was smiling again. Did I imagine it?

I'm dating Wooyoung Oppa right now.”

Wait...what? Again? I thought you two broke up?”

She smiled ruefully. “We did broke up.”

What was the reason?”

He didn't trust me and accused me of things before giving me the chance to explain myself. It really hurt me.”

And you've forgiven him?”

Thu Ha, everyone makes mistakes. You just have to be strong enough to look past the pain and forgive them. I decided to forgive him because I....love him and because I can see that he really regrets what he did.”

Ha Ni wasn't looking at me anymore. She was focused on something far away. I noticed that her words were sincere....but I couldn't get rid of the feeling that there was more behind it than it seems. Seeing her eyes, I knew that I was right. There was a hint of sadness in her eyes, so I was sure that there was something Ha Ni didn't want to tell me. I really wanted to know what it was but if Ha Ni didn't want to tell it, then it wasn't my place to bother her.

And once again I had to change the topic.

You know, I really envy you.”

She turned to me. “Why?”

Well, you were a CUBE Stylist and now you're a Cube Trainee. I really want to work for Cube, too! It has always been my dream to compose songs.”

Wow, compose songs?”

Yeah, I have been trying to compose some songs in my free time.”

Oh my gosh, may I listen to some of your songs?”

I don't know, I'm not that good. I'm actually just an amateur.”

I just want to listen, I won't judge you. Please.”

I hesitated. “I...uhm...okay, okay. I'll send you some files tonight.”

Great! Can't wait to listen to it!” Then she looked at her watch. “Oh crap! I have to go or I'll be late for practice.”

Sure. See you later, Ha Ni.”

Bye, Thu Ha!”, she said and rushed off.

I sighed. Now I really have to send her some of my files. Ah, what have I gotten myself into?