07 ~ A Late Night Movie

9 Kisses

 

My head rested on Fany's shoulder and I could smell her hair very well from here. It was really nice. Somehow, the fragrance appeared to bring a tingling feeling alive in my senses. It must have been the combination of her shampoo and perfume but I felt a mixture of a fresh, fruity smell and something a bit like cinnamon... or maybe... some other spice that made your brain go fuzzy, I don’t know, but I liked it.

I inhaled her scent, then chuckled at myself because I “inhaled” pretty loudly. In other words, I basically sniffed her hair. Then I turned my attention back on the dialogue between the main characters and, by this point, I was sure they had both fallen for each other. It’s just that that stupid guy was too dense to realize this. “Pfft. Guys. Not like I can talk from much experience but—”

‘How is it?’ Tiffany asked.

I shook my head. ‘Why is it that guys are so dense, honestly, isn’t it obvious that—?’

‘No, I mean,’ I brought up my head from her shoulder curiously, ‘how’s my hair? Smells good?’

‘Oh.’ I was a bit taken aback. ‘Yeah, it smells nice. Fruity and spicy. If there was a food that smelled like this, I’d eat it,’ I replied and momentarily wondered if I would’ve told her this if I weren’t under the influence of alcohol. It sounded kinda weird…

‘Glad to hear that,’ she said with that frowning smile of hers, you know, the one that she always does when I say or do something stupid. And she’s amused by my stupidity. Or maybe, to make it sound nicer, let’s just say she enjoys when I act dorky.

I turned my attention back on the screen.

‘Why are you smelling my hair though, Kim Taeyeon?’ she asked all of a sudden. The scene in the movie switched to the girl fighting with her parents about her arranged marriage. I looked at her again, searching for an answer. Instead, all that came to mind as my eyes met her piercing gaze was that I really wanted to kiss her.

‘Does there...’ my eyes involuntarily traveled to her lips for a moment, ‘have to be a reason?’ I met her gaze again.

I only registered my lips after I’d instinctively done so.

She knew what I wanted.

‘No,’ her face was dangerously close to mine and her breath made my lips tingle, ‘I guess not.’ I didn’t retract a bit, though.

And she closed the gap between us.

I turned my upper body completely to the side, towards her, and while my left arm rested on the back of the couch now, my right pressed down on my knee as I claimed her lips greedily, pushing against her harder, body leaning forward in the process.

Look, this is my life, I’m an adult and you have no right to make decisions for me. I heard the girl shout. I have my job, my car, my apartment. Our lips smacking softly... Do you want me to move to another country to see that I’m not your baby anymore?

I slowed down the pace of our kiss for a moment by slowly sliding my parted lips closer to each other and in her lower lip between them. ...and you have always had our full support but now... Our lips accidentally separated for a moment but Tiffany quickly changed that by coming at me again, head tilted to the side, and I would lie if I’d say I didn’t like this new position and the access it allowed to the both of us. ...but you never even try to listen to me... It was as if we didn’t even have our own mouths anymore, I was literally confused about which tongue was whose and which breath belonged to who. Heat rose rapidly in my body and I tightened my grip on the backrest of the couch while my other hand formed a fist. ... it’s like you only gave birth to me to have a puppy you can train...

‘Are westerners really this disrespectful towards their parents?’ I suddenly broke away, breathing heavily. The thought had been bothering me too much to be able to concentrate.

As I looked at Tiffany, I could see that she was clearly disappointed. She exhaled loudly and gave me a discontent look from the corner of her eye as she pulled a cushion to herself and threw one leg under the other.

‘Sorry,’ I apologized. ‘It just really bothered me.’

She sighed. ‘Yeah, I guess... compared to Koreans... yeah, most western kids will not show as much respect towards their parents. But honestly,’ she raised an eyebrow at me. ‘Are you siding with the parents here? ‘Cuz she’s totally right, she can do whatever she wants.’

‘Yeah, but I mean, if my parents told me I couldn’t date someone, this would not be the way I’d react to it, for sure,’ I shrugged.

‘Really? I totally would,’ she turned back to the screen and I did too.

‘Hmm.’ I wouldn’t have expected it any other way. “Stubborn, bossy, passionate... Yeah, that's totally her.” I smirked to myself, looking at the protagonist of the movie.

‘If you really love someone,’ she continued in a calm tone after a few seconds of silence, ‘shouldn’t you try to protect them... protect your relationship in front of your parents?’ she looked at me pointedly, brows furrowed. ‘Would you just sit on your and say, “oh, yeah mom, yeah dad, you’re right, this guy is horrible, we shouldn’t be together” even though you love him? Could you just do that to the one you really love?’

‘Hmm...’ I thought about that for a moment and it did make some sense. If I truly loved someone, it had to be for a good reason. So not only would it be really hard to separate just because of my parents’ opinions, it would also feel like a betrayal if I didn’t even try to fight for someone I love so much... My parents have always been very supportive of me though, so honestly, it was a hard concept to wrap my brain around. Especially in the middle of the night, with those cocktails still making my head spin a little.

We continued watching the movie in silence.

 

 

 

~~~

So, like I said before, short chapter with a great importance. Was a bit stuck with fixing it here and there so my "quicker" update wasn't as quick as expected but then again, it's not like you guys were all sooo busy commenting either... :/ Well. Anyway.

Even though this latest update is short, there are SO many silent readers, I'm sure there must be a lot of little thoughts hidden in your minds that you could share with me! I'm really curious and appreciate all feedback. :)

And for those who did comment, thanks again, and keep on sharing your opinion about the story! ^^

 

PS: Also, there were many important things in this little chapter, but I'm wondering which sentence stood out to you guys the most because there is one that is especially significant even though it might not appear so at the first sight!