02 ~ Taking A Short Break

9 Kisses

 

One important change before you read this: what was originally supposed to be ch5/part of ch5 is now ch4/part of ch4 *still not sure if I'm gonna add an extra part or not*

Now, have a nice time reading~!

~~~

 

‘Hey guys, let’s make some patbingsoo before we continue, who’s with me?’ Sooyoung asked as she got up to her feet.

‘We barely even started,’ Seohyun protested. She was right. We were about to discuss some things about recording these couple of new songs we were given just when Sunny and Hyoyeon came up with the idea that we should get some drinks. Once we did, the conversation was diverted to very different directions and we only began to finally talk about the songs a few minutes ago. ‘We can just eat patbingsoo after, no?’

‘It’s no good to discuss these things with an empty stomach though,’ Yoona replied. ‘Come and help,’ she said as she headed towards the kitchen along with Sooyoung and Yuri.

‘It’s no good to eat patbingsoo after drinking alcohol, either, in my opinion, unnie.’

‘Well, we’ve got to eat something,’ I heard Sooyoung’s voice come from the kitchen. I was just setting my background image on my phone to this cute picture my sister sent me. “I wish I didn’t just see her through a screen all the time…” ‘And it’s pretty hot today too. It’ll be nice.’

‘Yah, you little Ggukgguki, don’t make your unnies work alone!’ Hyoyeon randomly added without looking up from the screen of her phone.

Seohyun sighed a little but then decided to comply with her unnies’ wishes and followed them to help with making the delicious summer dessert.

I got up too, arranging my papers on the floor that contained some lyrics, notes and music scores before doing so, and walked into the kitchen, checking the cupboard to see if we had any corn flakes. “Oh, of course we don’t. Great.” Yuri was laughing at something Sooyoung and Yoona was doing behind my back.

‘Guys, we don’t have any corn flakes,’ I announced. ‘Some cherry tomatoes would also be nice…’ I added, mumbling.

‘I’m gonna call my mom and ask her to get some,’ Sooyoung turned around clumsily.

‘No!’ Sunny said, suddenly peeling herself out of Jessica’s backhug and getting up to her feet too. ‘Do you want her to see us drunk?’

‘Well, I’m not that drunk.’

‘Oh yeah? Is that why you almost fell over when you turned around just now?’ Sunny replied sarcastically and Sooyoung released her grip on the kitchen counter. ‘I think the only ones still holding up are Yuri, Juhyun and me.’

‘And Fany,’ I added, putting my phone on the floor beside me as I moved to sit back to the spot where I was before.

‘No, I think she drank a bit more than we did so… she seems pretty wasted too.’

‘Oh.’

Sunny was better at telling, I guess, than I was. Honestly, I didn’t need much to get drunk so once I drank some, it was harder to judge who was also drunk and who wasn’t. Sunny was always better at observing these things since she was good at holding her liquor. Tiffany was, too. Usually. But even if she did get drunk, it wasn’t as easy to tell in her case as with the others, as there were no such obvious outward signs in her behavior as with Yuri or Hyoyeon, let’s say.

Anyway, I swore I would try to pinpoint the signs of her being drunk this time, I don’t know… just for future reference. Once she comes back from the bathroom. If Sunny says she’s drunk, I believe her.

Hyoyeon was still on her phone, texting someone and laughing by herself.

‘Okay, so you guys go out for corn flakes and tomatoes then and we’ll prepare the rest,’ Sooyoung said.

‘No, I think at least one relatively sober person should stay so you won’t mess up everything,’ Sunny replied. I sprawled out on the floor and chuckled to myself because the ceiling seemed to be spinning a bit. “I wonder what it’d be like to do this under the stars once. It must look pretty cool.”

I heard Tiffany’s singing as she came back to the living room. She was in a very good mood, singing to herself what she would call “quietly”. I smiled to myself. “Sign number one?”

‘… Taengoo, you wanna come?’ I realized Sunny and Seohyun were already in their shoes; I heard the others busy in the kitchen and Hyoyeon was just walking towards her room with the phone on her ear.

I wobbled up to my feet unsteadily. ‘Yeah, su—’

‘No, Taeyeonnie’s staying with me,’ I heard a slightly whiny voice from behind me and a pair of arms wrapped around my waist soon. I never really considered this before, but Tiffany was touchier when drunk, for sure. “Sign number two.”

‘Yah! Let go, wife, I wanna get ice cream too!’ I struggled a bit in her arms.

‘No, you’re staying. You’re gonna eat patbingsoo anyway, dork,’ she tightened her hold a bit.

‘Aisssh~’ I breathed out heavily, then held her hands while she put her chin on my shoulder. ‘Okay.’

‘So you’re staying?’ Sunny asked.

‘It’s not like I have a choice,’ I replied, ‘this monster is keeping me captive.’

Tiffany chuckled evilly and swayed to the left and right, swinging my body along with hers. It didn’t do much good to my stomach now…

‘Sica-yah~!’ Sunny called out. ‘You wanna come shop with us?’

‘Yep, going~’ Sica lazily made her way out of the kitchen and threw a look at me and Tiffany on the way.

I don’t know what I saw in it but it was not just a regular look.

I glanced sideways at Tiffany, clueless, and she just shrugged and placed her chin back on my shoulder.

We said our goodbyes together as everyone left the room, then I got out from her hug to leave for the kitchen. But before I could even take a step or turn around properly… or even put together my thoughts for that matter, I felt her spin me around by the wrist and she pressed her full lips against mine, releasing her grip on me.

‘Mmmm!’ I tried to protest, tried to pull away from her lips but only for a moment which was not enough since she latched herself on me pretty well. Then I realized there was no need to do so. I was just shocked at the sudden contact.

The hands that were ready to push Fany away froze in mid-air.

“I think… her tongue… turns something off in my brain,” I mused because, really, all I could concentrate on was how strongly or feebly she pushed hers against mine, how I should try to taste her more, or wrestle her tongue down with my own… “And it must turn something else on in me too, for sure…” I smiled to myself. I was enjoying this a bit too much now and was wondering why the hell one would feel a desire to shove her tongue down another person’s throat. Okay. That’s a bit too harsh to say. Although… the past couple of experiences I had with guys would basically qualify as such an effort. Still, with Tiffany, this weird dance battle of lips and tongues seemed much more satisfying and at the same time not “satisfying” at all because it kept leaving me want more and more of it.

I heard a cluttering noise from the kitchen and the girls started laughing. Sooyoung was shouting something I could not catch over the noise and the thought that suddenly intruded my mind. “Oh, crap. What if they’re gonna see us like this?”

I hummed against Tiffany’s lips, trying to break the kiss one more time, but she was just as persistent as I was at dominating just a moment ago, not letting me get away that easily.

She kept the kiss going for a bit longer.

While slowly dragging her tongue out of my mouth, sliding it over mine teasingly as she did so, she kept our lips firmly attached for another few moments before finally releasing mines from between hers.

And she smiled at me. That mischievous one again.

Immediately, the question that was somehow there but at the same time, not exactly, right from the beginning, emerged in my head again.

‘Uh… what was that for?’ I asked sheepishly, finally lowering my hands.

Her eyes rolled slightly upwards in thought as if she was trying to read her brain to find the appropriate answer. ‘I don’t know… Thanks, I guess?’ she finally shrugged and sat down on the couch.

‘Thanks… for what?’ I stared at her, not understanding.

‘Mmm…’ her pupils went to the upper corner of her eyes again, looking for a response as she turned the TV on. ‘For staying here, with me!’ she replied in the end, her eyes smiling along with her whole face. Then she turned to look at the screen.

“Okay, what kind of a game are you playing here.”

‘You made me!’ I exclaimed and she turned her gaze on me again.

‘Exactly,’ she winked and her grin grew even wider. It looked extremely cute. Her nose was slightly red. “Sign number three?”

I was simply incredulous and puzzled.

‘You make no sense to me, woman, whatsoever…’ I sighed, shaking my head as I sat down next to her and gave a lazy wave of the hand, gesturing I was giving up on figuring her crazy ways out.

‘Hey guys, you wanna make prank calls?’ Hyoyeon appeared right on cue in the living room and waved her phone in her hand towards us.

‘You bet I do!’ I replied enthusiastically, taking the phone from her hand rightaway.

‘Ahh, seriously?’ Tiffany rolled her eyes.

‘Hey, never underestimate the opportunities lying in a good prank call,’ I scolded her.

Yoona came out of the kitchen.

‘Did I hear something about a prank call?’ she grinned, munching on a half-done bowl of patbingsoo in hand.

We ended up doing four prank calls and it only took two for Tiffany to get into it too. Once Sunny, Jessica and Seohyun came back, we were ready to eat our delicious patbingsoo and continued our discussion from where we left off.

Only later did I realize how strange it was that we just casually ended up making out for the second time in the past month and how natural it seemed to me at the same time.

I glanced over at about forty degrees from me into the circle the nine of us formed.

Tiffany’s lips looked very kissable.

 

 

~~~

Hmmm... I'm not sure how I feel about how this chapter turned out to be... I hope you liked it though! :)

As for the next chapter, I'll try to update ASAP but I'll need two things for that 1. inspiration to finish writing it, 2. comments from you guys to inspire me~ ㅋㅋ (The other chapters are basically all done, just need some polishing, so after ch3&4 I will be able to make quicker updates.)

So do comment, please and thank you for reading! ^^